Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Getting a penalty in Austria that no one appealed for helps, talking about 1-0 wins, we can add Moldova to that list.

So it's not a penalty unless someone appeals?  🤔 

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/11/2022 at 6:05 PM, Ally Bongo said:

We are a nation with a ruling football body that now meekly accepts mediocrity and failure

We are a puff pastry 11 regardless of the formation and changes

On 6/11/2022 at 6:11 PM, Ak91 said:

How can people still be behind Clarke watching this? 

On 6/11/2022 at 6:12 PM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Clarke as done as our nation's League campaign, yet the SFA will keep him on because of the euros

On 6/11/2022 at 6:25 PM, 0Neils40yarder said:

Aye...had enough, Clarke Out

On 6/11/2022 at 6:45 PM, weekevie04 said:

Clarke comes undone again and again and again and AGAIN today.

There's no denying he turned us around from an absolute shambles to a team that still don't do much but improved. He's had the luck of some talented albeit not world class, but very decent players coming through at the right time/age and whilst we had a bit of a purple patch in finishing second in the qualifying group.

Time and time again, his decision making and tactics need to come in to question.

- far too conservative with tactics

-waits too long for subs

-the goalkeeping situation is beyond a joke, how have some of the young keepers on the bench not been capped.

He got lucky with the penalty shoot outs. Mind how pish we actually were against Israel in the semi-final.

Thank fuck we stuck with him eh lads. 

On 6/12/2022 at 12:57 PM, Debian said:

Ewan Cameron in talking sense shocker. When you see it like this, he needs chucked regardless of Wednesdays result

https://twitter.com/EwenDCameron/status/1535717342004510725?t=o8J-_KFTISej22Lysabi3w&s=19

When you agree with that attention seeking clown on anything, especially football, then you surely known you are on the wrong side of a debate. 

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Always the same - reactionary nonsense. 

If/when Clarke was to leave, we would be doing extremely well to replace him with a similar level of manager. 

And if we do attract a better calibre of manager it will ne down to Clarke's work of enhancing the team's standing and increased respect it has gained under his management.

16 hours ago, Judith said:

This thread aged well! 😆

It hasn't, but it reminds me that next month we also have an away fixture against a team whose campaign got off to a worse starter than ours and who will no doubt be desperate to win the game. The only difference is, this team have one of if not the best centre-forward in the world playing for them. 😳

2 minutes ago, scotlad said:

It hasn't, but it reminds me that next month we also have an away fixture against a team whose campaign got off to a worse starter than ours and who will no doubt be desperate to win the game. The only difference is, this team have one of if not the best centre-forward in the world playing for them. 😳

Yes but they haven't become a qualifying machine even with Haalaand in the side..remember he is banging in club goals with a far better calibre of players in his side than Norway has.

37 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes but they haven't become a qualifying machine even with Haalaand in the side..remember he is banging in club goals with a far better calibre of players in his side than Norway has.

People often write off the remainder of the Norway team and yes, with the exception of Odegaard none would get near the Manchester City starting XI, but they still have good players who play in the top leagues; and Haaland has shown he's capable of tormenting defences made up of better defenders than we have.  But we'll see.

11 minutes ago, scotlad said:

but they still have good players who play in the top leagues; and Haaland has shown he's capable of tormenting defences made up of better defenders than we have.  But we'll see.

As we do and I'd say we have more. And Haaland has also failed to score against weaker defences than ours. And for this game we go into it far better placed mentally and confidence-wise sitting top of the group having just beaten Spain whereas Norway ate under pressure having failed to win any of their two games so far.

My main issue with the June games (as always) is the fact some of our players won't have played since early May. 

Likes of McTominary, McGregor etc will be playing right until the squad gathers though. 

Suppose all teams are the same. Haaland could have two cup finals in space of a week before it. 

Don’t know if it’s possible to stop Haaland in current form, even with the best defence in the world never mind ours. I do think with Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay and McGinn we could get the better of midfield and starve him if service. Would be happy with a draw provided we don’t slip up against Georgia….

22 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Don’t know if it’s possible to stop Haaland in current form, even with the best defence in the world never mind ours. I do think with Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay and McGinn we could get the better of midfield and starve him if service. Would be happy with a draw provided we don’t slip up against Georgia….

I'd take a draw now, no question.  If we could defeat Georgia a few days later that would be a very decent set of results.

3 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Serbia's defence shut him out but they couldn't shut Ryan Christie out. By that I mean do not think because he is rated best striker in the world he scores in every game he plays in and his teams are unbeatable.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

19 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Serbia's defence shut him out but they couldn't shut Ryan Christie out. By that I mean do not think because he is rated best striker in the world he scores in every game he plays in and his teams are unbeatable.

Plus the players around him at Man City are way different to those around him in the Norway National team

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Plus the players around him at Man City are way different to those around him in the Norway National team

Precisely. I have said the same thing several times.

If the World Cup was won on terror of opponents and pessimism I am sure Scotland's fans would win and that better not filter down into our team or else we may as well just hand them the three points now and concede a qualifying spot.

4 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

I'm sure we can starve him of service in midfield, but how many times have you seen the Man city goalkeeper punt the ball long over the top of the centre backs and he gets the better of them in a foot race? Once that happens we've had it.

Had the SFA taken some the advice in this thread I have no doubt we’d have ended up with McInnes, Neilson or ,worst of all, Gemmell as the replacement.  Be careful what you wish for and all that.