Poland friendly at Hampden - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland friendly at Hampden

stocky

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an anti-climax to concede that "penalty" when the game was well won. Poland were very disappointing, and lucky to get the draw. Not a bad performance from Scotland though, pressing and keeping possession reasonably well. If Clark can refrain from this nonsense of McTominay in central defense, plus forgets about Greg Taylor we should be in good shape.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Thought he looked good defensively tonight. Not sure why ppl think hes a risk at cb for us, hes never made any massive mistakes barring maybe the serbia goal which i would argue wasnt really his fault anyways.

He was dispossessed and almost cost us a goal

Due to one thing and another it was the first Scotland game I've seen in the flesh for 8 years. Had to slip away before the end but I was really impressed with what I saw. The team had a sense of calmness about them which has been frequently missing in the past. Some good players in midfield, Tierney very composed at the back and whilst McTominay can improve defensively it's nice to see someone who has the ability to play out from the back. I was particularly pleased for Patterson who has obviously had a tough time so far at Everton but I thought he did well, particularly going forward.

Guest Scot1

A decent performance under the circumstances. I do feel we struggled a bit with their physicality, athleticism. They are a big, strong team. But we can and will play better. After his terrific performance against Denmark, I’m back to being bit unsure about Adams upfront on his own. I’d have liked to have seen Stewart come on for the last 20 minutes. We obviously missed Robertson, thought Patterson looked good while he was on the pitch. 
Hendry needs to play RCB instead of McTominay, if available. Happy overall, played some nice stuff at times.

Good performance. Great to see us so up for a friendly. Tierney is world class.

McTominay at CB against good teams hmmm… would rather see Hendry or Souttar there.

Patterson was good again, O’Donnell must be at the point of being replaced by Ralston in the squad now.