Ukraine - Page 53 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 4/5/2022 at 3:09 AM, thplinth said:

Do people think Russia is losing? I don't see any evidence for that at all.

The western media is so bad... You are literally far better off not even looking at any of it. At least then you just don't know as opposed to having your head filled with lies.

The least worst outcome at this point is that Russia completes the demilitarisation and denazification of Ukraine, Ukraine becomes neutral and the Russian ethnic parts of it revert back to Russia using referendums similar to Crimea if that is what they want. (If it us good enough for us to become independent it must surely be good enough for them to rejoin Russia.)

Ukrainians are getting totally used and put in the meat grinder. The folk running this don't give a fuck about ordinary people and their suffering. It is so obvious. And the media work hand in glove with them. 

Hm...

What  you mean “becomes neutral”? Ukraine is neutral country.

”Denazification of Ukraine” - what is that?

Also I don’t understand what do you mean “Russian ethnic parts” - which parts of Ukraine is “Russian etchnic parts?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking if social media had been alive during balkans war and rwanda then may have been more western involvement; but in saying that plight of the rohinga and uighur people hasnt really been picked up by the selfie mob either

understand these are not direct comparisons to whats happening now

but so much focus now on tatooed fuckwits rescuing cats and dogs …. This was news during kabul evacuation too

nobody seemed that bothered when crimea was taken either

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

If you have twitter you will no doubt see the videos. Unless this is staged, it is clear that civilians are being targeted.  Women and kids murdered, summary execution of civilians with hands tied behind their backs.  It’s disgusting - I hope putin gets what’s coming to him.

I wouldn't use twitter or Facebook as a trusted source

2 hours ago, ger intae them said:

I don’t really think anyone would ‘stick up’ for Putin. What some folk are saying is think about things a bit before believing all that you are fed.

putin put his tanks in Ukraine, that is fact & obviously wrong….. but who knows what the truth is in an a multitude of alleged atrocities? Knee jerk reactions is what will lead to WWIII.

THIS

52 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I wouldn't use twitter or Facebook as a trusted source

THIS

fair enough, but the same material has just been aired on channel 4.  I think most people agree that the case is clear.  

we should impose complete sanctions on Russia. No oil, no gas.  This isn’t happening.  We should also be giving Ukraine the planes they need. If that doesn’t work, we should support Ukraine with troops.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Source: Russian affiliated state media

We can all see that under the guys (Wyatt Reed's) name. But he's quoting someone from the NY Times.

I mean, i get why you do it - Russian war crimes no doubt dwarf those perpetrated by the Ukranians - but it's counter-productive for you to keep trying to shoot the messenger.

Clear that the Russians are committing war crimes, including the rape and murder of children.  Fine if folk think we should stand by on the sidelines and watch… personally I think we should be providing the Ukrainians whatever they need to stop the Russians, and if that means getting involved so be it.

if the Russians then want to escalate to all out nuclear war then that’s on their heads… we all die.  Just cos they have nukes we can’t allow them to commit these attrocities.

8 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Clear that the Russians are committing war crimes, including the rape and murder of children.  Fine if folk think we should stand by on the sidelines and watch… personally I think we should be providing the Ukrainians whatever they need to stop the Russians, and if that means getting involved so be it.

if the Russians then want to escalate to all out nuclear war then that’s on their heads… we all die.  Just cos they have nukes we can’t allow them to commit these attrocities.

Repeat repeat repeat repeat. 

15 hours ago, Malcolm said:

fair enough, but the same material has just been aired on channel 4.  I think most people agree that the case is clear.  

we should impose complete sanctions on Russia. No oil, no gas.  This isn’t happening.  We should also be giving Ukraine the planes they need. If that doesn’t work, we should support Ukraine with troops.

Have you enlisted yet?  or are you only very brave on a keyboard.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Have you enlisted yet?  or are you only very brave on a keyboard.

There's a train of thought espoused on this thread that arming civilians is not a good thing.

I understand the rhetorical value placed on "are you ready to go". However thinking on it and applying the logic to see how it plays out in reality...

Saying we should try and put out a fire or fix broken power lines after a storm isn't invalidated by asking, you ready to go rewire the place. You going to drive a fire engine.

There's an implicit understanding that expertise is needed for certain tasks.

I personally don't think we should escalate the war by sending troops. Much like as Chomsky pointed out during Kosovo in his book(The New Military Humanism), it could escalate (as it did with the Serbs) the atrocities not curb them.

On 4/8/2022 at 3:23 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Yet you still have folk on here sticking up or Putin and his bullshit. 

Sky literally showed a Russian spokesman a woman getting blown to pieces by a russian tank. He then denied  it happened 

He didn’t deny it happened he denied it was a Russian tank. This is where you see how people get manipulated when they can’t even reflect what was said. 

Edited by Lamia

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Exactly, sad at it is....

Its getting scary some of the atrocities being reported. All kinds of gang rape and sick stuff seems to be going on. Raping mothers infront of their kids and raping children. Kind of hope its all propaganda bullshit by the west as these kinds of acts are downright evil and really shouldnt be happening in this day and age. 

What amazes me is they have gotten chechen soldiers to go and do their dirty work. I genuinely thought they despised the russians but tbh i dont know the full history on that situation so i wont comment further.

6 hours ago, Lamia said:

He didn’t deny it happened he denied it was a Russian tank. This is where you see how people get manipulated when they can’t even reflect what was said. 

lol. Glad you are seeing it Lamia. 

To position it as such is tantamount to blatant propaganda, ie. lies. 

5 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Its getting scary some of the atrocities being reported. All kinds of gang rape and sick stuff seems to be going on. Raping mothers infront of their kids and raping children. Kind of hope its all propaganda bullshit by the west as these kinds of acts are downright evil and really shouldnt be happening in this day and age. 

What amazes me is they have gotten chechen soldiers to go and do their dirty work. I genuinely thought they despised the russians but tbh i dont know the full history on that situation so i wont comment further.

McGoebbels. 

Personally I don't think professional soldiers on any side target children or mothers or nuns or charity workers or doctors etc etc. 

The only ones I think are capable of committing atrocities are the Nazis. Because they have reduced their enemy to the level of subhuman (in their minds). The Nazis committed a huge amount of atrocities because they saw Slavs as subhumans. So it is not killing a 'real' person.