Ukraine - Page 57 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Yeah I'd call him brave. He knew he was taking big risks. 

I'd never heard of the guy before I posted his comments on Bucha. I just knew he was living in Kharkov.

Surreal to me that I posted his comments above not that long ago and now it seems he has been kidnapped and tortured to death by actual fucking nazis. What are we in 1941 here or something... fucked up.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EU arm sales to Russia seems to have hit mainstream. Small numbers really but not a good look given it took to early April to close the loophole and 2021 sales were up 50%:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/04/22/exclusive-france-germany-evaded-arms-embargo-sell-weapons-russia/#comment

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eu-closes-loophole-allowing-multimillion-euro-arms-sales-russia-2022-04-14/

Yeah the truth which I just posted. 😀

I posted about the guy going missing (because I had quoted him earlier in the thread) and the fears for his life (which I think were more than justified). And now I am posting about him being released.

(I think he is very lucky.) 

Was listening to radio 4 on the way home last week and they were speaking about the steel works at Mariupol.  It really was a bit weird as they seemed to be dancing on the head of the pin as they acknowledged the unit involved were the Azov who are obviously far-right but it was like they had sprung up in isolation rather than needing some sort of local support to exist in the first place.  The consensus was essentially they were in a siege and absolutely fucked because Putin’s original aim was to de-Nazi the area, even though originally they weren’t meant to exist and, iit would have been almost impossible anyway, but that  the west couldn’t really be seen helping out such an organisation overtly anyway.

The media reporting is wild – in China folk are allowed to leave Mariupol by bus like it is an absolute piece of piss:

Ukraine to continue civilian evacuation from Mariupol - Global Times

AJ has it down as an absolute shit show with toddlers in plastic nappies and women begging for their kids’ lives to be allowed out of the plant which is essentially under siege:

Mariupol’s defences ‘on brink of collapse’, Ukraine official says | Russia-Ukraine war News | Al Jazeera

And the Telegraph too has it as an absolute shit show but also has this take:

'We want to return alive': Watch haunting video of the children under siege in Mariupol steelworks (telegraph.co.uk)

“We all really want to return home, we want to return home alive, we want to see our loved ones,” said one young boy, wearing a thick jumper.

But the troops could not provide a safe passage out. Instead, they could only offer sweets, fistbumps and encouraging words………

…. The complex has also served as the base for Ukraine’s Azov battalion, which has launched a stoic defence of the city in the face of enormous Russian bombardment. The regiment is controversial, born out of a far-right movement in 2014 when Russia invaded Crimea. 

Now though, they are being portrayed as humanitarians, helping civilians, while fending off the Russian invaders.

Not sure who is portraying them as humanitarians other than themselves but tough gig like. 

57 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Was listening to radio 4 on the way home last week and they were speaking about the steel works at Mariupol.  It really was a bit weird as they seemed to be dancing on the head of the pin as they acknowledged the unit involved were the Azov who are obviously far-right but it was like they had sprung up in isolation rather than needing some sort of local support to exist in the first place.  The consensus was essentially they were in a siege and absolutely fucked because Putin’s original aim was to de-Nazi the area, even though originally they weren’t meant to exist and, iit would have been almost impossible anyway, but that  the west couldn’t really be seen helping out such an organisation overtly anyway.

I am amazed they even acknowledged it. There has been very very little reference to this. I would love to see how many people have actually heard of the Azov battalion let alone explain what they are. It is clearly deliberately being skirted around or completely side-stepped in the MSM in the UK

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

I am amazed they even acknowledged it. There has been very very little reference to this. I would love to see how many people have actually heard of the Azov battalion let alone explain what they are. It is clearly deliberately being skirted around or completely side-stepped in the MSM in the UK

Its not exactly massive news in the grand scheme of things. Theres right wing nutjobs in the russian army as well. I think most now know that the azov battalion are rightwing nazi sympathisers.

Russian soldiers and mercenaries with nazi symbols. 

Is the denazification of ukraine being carried out by russian nazis? If so then putin has pulled off a masterstroke.

58 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Its not exactly massive news in the grand scheme of things. Theres right wing nutjobs in the russian army as well. I think most now know that the azov battalion are rightwing nazi sympathisers.

Russian soldiers and mercenaries with nazi symbols. 

Is the denazification of ukraine being carried out by russian nazis? If so then putin has pulled off a masterstroke.

When there is open acceptance then it is. There will be Nazi sympathisers in every countries forces by this is the only battalion which openly is and has been officially accepted into the the general armed forces.

The point however is not that it is that the MSM are pointing out the nazi sympathisers on the Russian side but deliberately ignoring it on the Ukrainian side.

17 minutes ago, Lamia said:

When there is open acceptance then it is. There will be Nazi sympathisers in every countries forces by this is the only battalion which openly is and has been officially accepted into the the general armed forces.

The point however is not that it is that the MSM are pointing out the nazi sympathisers on the Russian side but deliberately ignoring it on the Ukrainian side.

Have they ignored it? Theres loads of articles and news reports on the azov battalion being right wing. Just google azov battalion and it comes up with countless articles about them being right wing nazi fanatics.

Its not the most relevant story compared to the overall invasion of ukraine. Its very much a side story that is used by oddballs on here like plinth who sadly use it as justification for the invasion of ukraine and the atrocities committed against the ukrainian ppl.

Do you think putins goal is to denazify ukraine?

Do you think the reason putin is in ukraine is to eradicate the azov battalion?

Do you think the azov battalion being nazi sympathisers is justification for russias invasion?

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

Yes.

They actually havent

It is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things 

The issue has been put to several high profile Ukranian people on shows such as Hard Talk etc weeks ago

The bottom line is that some far right neo nazi rockets set up a volunteer militia to fight Russia in 2014

The Ukranian Government acknowledged the bad apples but realised it needed them and it was better to have them under control of the army than having them run around as a private entity  

And thats it

As i said before in the Ukranian elections the far right were laughed out of town

Full blown bona fide Nazi sympathizing on the TAMB. 

Well who saw this coming. 😀

The calling of Trump supporters and anyone they remotely disagreed with Nazis for years and years leading up to this point is making their studious inability to see jaw dropping Nazi cunts right in front of their faces especially hilarious. 

43 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Full blown bona fide Nazi sympathizing on the TAMB. 

Well who saw this coming. 😀

The calling of Trump supporters and anyone they remotely disagreed with Nazis for years and years leading up to this point is making their studious inability to see jaw dropping Nazi cunts right in front of their faces especially hilarious. 

you’ve taken that fishing trip too far now. Less is more.

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

They actually havent

It is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things 

The issue has been put to several high profile Ukranian people on shows such as Hard Talk etc weeks ago

The bottom line is that some far right neo nazi rockets set up a volunteer militia to fight Russia in 2014

The Ukranian Government acknowledged the bad apples but realised it needed them and it was better to have them under control of the army than having them run around as a private entity  

And thats it

As i said before in the Ukranian elections the far right were laughed out of town

Aye ok!

Can we put the Ukrainian Nazis outrage to bed now ? (As i alluded to yonks ago)

According to a 2016 report by Institut français des relations internationales (IFRI), Russian ethnic and imperialist nationalism has shaped the official ideology of the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics,[20] the two self-proclaimed states controlled by pro-Russian separatists but internationally recognized as part of Ukraine. During the War in Donbas, far-right groups played an important role on the pro-Russian side, arguably more so than on the Ukrainian side.[20][21]

Members and former members of National Bolshevik Party, Russian National Unity (RNU), Eurasian Youth Union, and the Cossack units along with other groups actively participated in starting branches for the recruitment of the separatists.[20][22][23][24] A former member of RNU, Pavel Gubarev, was founder of the Donbas People's Militia and first "governor" of the Donetsk People's Republic.[20][25] RNU is particularly linked to the Russian Orthodox Army,[20] one of a number of separatist units described as "pro-Tsarist" and "extremist" Orthodox nationalists.[26] Neo-Nazi units such as the 'Rusich', 'Svarozhich' and 'Ratibor' battalions, use Slavic swastikas on their badges.[20] 'Rusich' is part of the Wagner Group, a Russian mercenary group in Ukraine which has been linked to far-right extremism.[27][28]

Some of the most influential nationalists and far-right activists among the Russian separatists are neo-imperialists, who seek to revive the Russian Empire.[20] These included Igor 'Strelkov' Girkin, first "minister of defence" of the Donetsk People's Republic, who espouses Russian neo-imperialism and ethno-nationalism.[20] The Russian Imperial Movement, a white supremacist militant group,[27] has recruited thousands of volunteers to join the separatists.[26] Some separatists have flown the black-yellow-white Russian imperial flag,[20] such as the Sparta Battalion. In 2014, volunteers from the National Liberation Movement joined the Donetsk People's Militia bearing portraits of Tsar Nicholas II.[29]

Other Russian volunteers involved in separatist militias included members of the Eurasian Youth Union, and of banned groups such as the Slavic Union and the Movement Against Illegal Immigration.[23] Another Russian separatist paramilitary unit, the Interbrigades, is made up of activists from the National Bolshevik (Nazbol) group Other Russia.[20]