Ukraine - Page 55 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

I’m watching itv news now.  1200 fighting aged men being executed by russian soldiers. War crimes. Executing civilians on a mass scale.

I hope to god that we crush Russia and the criminals are brought to justice.

ITV news website says nothing about 1200 executed……. or am I just missing it?

Chinese media, ergo their government, obviously haven't had the memo on who the good guys are. 

Something I hadn't known before is that South Korea kicked up a fuss over one of their 'Good Guy Bio Health labs' when anthrax and possibly plague were imported illegally:

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202204/1258955.shtml

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/asiapacific/2021-08/13/c_1310125453.htm

……. does it not reek of shit then?

one minute they are saying over 1000 executions, and then nothing. Very strange.

although there are many strange things in this war…… or more specifically, in the way it is being reported. Almost nil footage of the two  sides in combat…… but endless footage of civilian tragedy.

No doubt this is going on but the direction the media is steering is blatant…… it’s not balanced reporting.

5 hours ago, phart said:

Folk also forget Russia are imperialist as well and are acting as such here.

We were having a pub discussion the other night about football hooliganism and it does seem more than coincidental that the worst perpetrators seem to come from former imperial powers like England, the Netherlands and Russia.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

We were having a pub discussion the other night about football hooliganism and it does seem more than coincidental that the worst perpetrators seem to come from former imperial powers like England, the Netherlands and Russia.

British Empire when i was at school ; huge numbers of Scots troops involved , and Merchants, traders etc -even more so Irish troops (proportionately) in British Army through the years - am pretty sure they were not all press ganged / kings shilling etc , am sure the Welsh would have some comment on that too

what about France, Belgium,Portugal,Spain,Italy ,,,,, Germany ; how do they fit into the formula

in Englands case , it does appear very much a case of national pride though ; hence the '2 world wars , 1 world cup (or have they added the rugby one too) chant ' - Russians seem to be fairly recent big players in the national football hooligan stakes ,,, of course they werent really travelling until 90s at earliest

Holland i always thought was more of a club thing ?

50 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

British Empire when i was at school ; huge numbers of Scots troops involved , and Merchants, traders etc -even more so Irish troops (proportionately) in British Army through the years - am pretty sure they were not all press ganged / kings shilling etc , am sure the Welsh would have some comment on that too

There is no doubt that the British Empire benefited massively from the Scottish enlightenment

However most Scots that joined the British Army did it to escape from the squalor because whilst industry and wealth increased in large cities like Glasgow there was a way less "trickle down effect" than there is today

32 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

There is no doubt that the British Empire benefited massively from the Scottish enlightenment

However most Scots that joined the British Army did it to escape from the squalor because whilst industry and wealth increased in large cities like Glasgow there was a way less "trickle down effect" than there is today

certainly the case in Ireland ; hence the massive numbers in service - perhaps more in Scotland with limited 'career options' at home  , certainly in the officer class ,,,, i've just skimmed through Richard Holmes "Soldiers" that i'd read many years back

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

also just thought , that one of the most notable attacks on Scotland fans away in recent times (since Tamb anyway) was attack in square in Kiev  ....... ?

5 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

what about France, Belgium,Portugal,Spain,Italy ,,,,, Germany ; how do they fit into the formula

in Englands case , it does appear very much a case of national pride though ; hence the '2 world wars , 1 world cup (or have they added the rugby one too) chant ' - Russians seem to be fairly recent big players in the national football hooligan stakes ,,, of course they werent really travelling until 90s at earliest

Holland i always thought was more of a club thing ?

Again possibly no coincidence that the worst Scottish club for hooliganism wrap themselves in Union Jacks and sing the same songs as England. 

This is very interesting, lot more in it than just the media warmongering. Max Blumenthal brings a lot to the discussion.

This was all planned quite some time ago it seems. (I can't help but think of that Mitchell & Webb sketch again...It is astonishingly ironic.)

The Ukrainians are being used that should be obvious, but all of Europe is also being used. Russia is effectively done with Europe and the West. We in Europe will pay a very heavy price for this AT BEST. At worst the psychos who planned this war have planned to make it a world war or a limited nuclear war in Europe. Either way we in Europe get incinerated... yet again.

Western politicians seem mostly to be corrupt liars and the same goes even more so for our media. The BBC in particular is mad for it (war).

My personal observations is that the anti Russian propaganda has been going on for so long (10-15 years easy) that I really wonder what is planned for us here. I said this on the last Ukrainian thread 7 years ago that it augurs war. They have invested so much time and effort getting us to this exact point... why, what next. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

This is very interesting, lot more in it than just the media warmongering. Max Blumenthal brings a lot to the discussion.

This was all planned quite some time ago it seems. (I can't help but think of that Mitchell & Webb sketch again...It is astonishingly ironic.)

The Ukrainians are being used that should be obvious, but all of Europe is also being used. Russia is effectively done with Europe and the West. We in Europe will pay a very heavy price for this AT BEST. At worst the psychos who planned this war have planned to make it a world war or a limited nuclear war in Europe. Either way we in Europe get incinerated... yet again.

Western politicians seem mostly to be corrupt liars and the same goes even more so for our media. The BBC in particular is mad for it (war).

My personal observations is that the anti Russian propaganda has been going on for so long (10-15 years easy) that I really wonder what is planned for us here. I said this on the last Ukrainian thread 7 years ago that it augurs war. They have invested so much time and effort getting us to this exact point... why, what next. 

How can you be critical of the Beeb when it is knocking out quality investigative journalism like this:

Putin's mysterious Facebook 'superfans' on a mission - BBC News

The bigger mystery than why this constitutes investigative journalism is that it took two of them to write it!  In comparison to Al Jazeera their coverage is a farce.  

Surprised they didn't contact you for comment ;)

Edited by ThistleWhistle

18 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

How can you be critical of the Beeb when it is knocking out quality investigative journalism like this:

Putin's mysterious Facebook 'superfans' on a mission - BBC News

The bigger mystery than why this constitutes investigative journalism is that it took two of them to write it!  In comparison to Al Jazeera their coverage is a farce.  

Surprised they didn't contact you for comment ;)

😂

I was just about to comment on the same "article". 😂

Holy fuk. I knew the BBC was bad but this is sinking to even lower depths of "journalism".

I think thplinth has moved to Cambodia. He fair gets around that fella.

13 hours ago, ger intae them said:

……. does it not reek of shit then?

one minute they are saying over 1000 executions, and then nothing. Very strange.

although there are many strange things in this war…… or more specifically, in the way it is being reported. Almost nil footage of the two  sides in combat…… but endless footage of civilian tragedy.

No doubt this is going on but the direction the media is steering is blatant…… it’s not balanced reporting.

The coverage is one of the most bizarre things about this conflict. Also bizarre is the way everything Zelensky and any Ukrainian politician says is lapped up unquestioningly. Some of them have sounded as mad as some of the Russian politicians. I don't think I haver ever seen such oneside coverage of a conflict which is why I am really struggling to know what to believe.

Thinking back to when they started raining missiles and bombs down on Baghdad and the media were all showing the explosions going off and talking like they were watching an awesome fireworks display, talking excitedly about "Shock & Awe", near enough drooling when it started.

Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan for 20 years! Not a word of outrage, in fact they enabled them all and supported them.

But now it is like the sky has fallen. Do me a favour... who buys this shit.

The sheer hypocrisy and double standards are jaw dropping. They are shameless propagandists and you simply don't get a job unless you are or you actually believe all the shite they push out... How anyone old enough to remember 2004 and then 2014 (to take just two) can trust the BBC after that I will never know. Mugs who will never learn. I use the BBC for sports, the News section is worthless, worse than worthless as it fills your head with lies.

Putin was at least right about this. We are living in an Empire of Lies. If we are the good guys why would that be the case.

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

I don't think I haver ever seen such oneside coverage of a conflict which is why I am really struggling to know what to believe.

Same with the Poles in 1939 .............

8 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Again possibly no coincidence that the worst Scottish club for hooliganism wrap themselves in Union Jacks and sing the same songs as England. 

So these “sons of empire” as one of their most recent wholesale displays of violence and vandalism choose to perform it in Manchester….

12 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

certainly the case in Ireland ; hence the massive numbers in service - perhaps more in Scotland with limited 'career options' at home  , certainly in the officer class ,,,, i've just skimmed through Richard Holmes "Soldiers" that i'd read many years back

I am guessing during the famine period in ireland the british army would have had huge numbers of irish joining up.

25 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

So these “sons of empire” as one of their most recent wholesale displays of violence and vandalism choose to perform it in Manchester….

Their most recent was to wreck their own city celebrating winning the league. Strange bunch.