Ukraine - Page 54 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I don't read much of the BBC because it is a liar. But skim reading their website is something. It is an endless stream of terrible things Russia did... Where were the BBC 2014-2022 when the supposed exact same terrible things were being done to Russian Ukrainians? Or when the US invaded Iraq. Or umpteen countries thereafter... Why does the BBC only ever report one side. This is not news. They banned all Russian media and now (but going back much longer) they are pumping your heads full of grotesque propaganda. Honestly people need to wake up to it and soon or we are fucked.

Edited by thplinth

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Personally I don't think professional soldiers on any side target children or mothers or nuns or charity workers or doctors etc etc. 

The only ones I think are capable of committing atrocities are the Nazis. Because they have reduced their enemy to the level of subhuman (in their minds). The Nazis committed a huge amount of atrocities because they saw Slavs as subhumans. So it is not killing a 'real' 

I think its best for your own good to take a step away from the keyboard buddy. Your saying the daftest of stuff and its not making you look smart or tough.

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I don't read much of the BBC because it is a liar. But skim reading their website is something. It is an endless stream of terrible things Russia did... Where were the BBC 2014-2022 when the supposed exact same terrible things were being done to Russian Ukrainians? Or when the US invaded Iraq. Or umpteen countries thereafter... Why does the BBC only ever report one side. This is not news. They banned all Russian media and now (but going back much longer) they are pumping your heads full of grotesque propaganda. Honestly people need to wake up to it and soon or we are fucked.

Whataboutery wont wash here, all atrocities should be condemned. I will ask again, are these reports fake? If so then be a man and answer the question. 

Are they bayoneting babies as well? Lots of wild accusations but not much support McGoebbels. 

The only instance of this sort that I can recall that was 'real'... are the infamous videos of young boys being raped in Abu Ghraib prison...  which were then played to their mothers as a form of torture. I think a few (of the mothers) even killed themselves afterwards. (I dare say a few of the boys did too but no one will have even noticed.)

Is it perhaps that you were talking about by mistake?

Edited by thplinth

9 minutes ago, thplinth said:

"Raping mothers in front of their kids and raping children."

Source?

McGoebbels.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/one-soldier-raped-me-then-the-other-as-my-son-cried-7xbqwzdqw

Theres one womans story but if you google the words 'ukraine rape' you will find countless stories of woman being raped. Theres even reports of kids being raped. An 11 year old boy got raped. I would guess you think this is all lies and propaganda or perhaps you think these rape victims needed de- nazification by russian war heroes.

Gotta give you credit for being this stubborn and doubling down on your daftness. 

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Are they bayoneting babies as well? Lots of wild accusations but not much support McGoebbels. 

The only instance of this sort that I can recall that was 'real'... are the infamous videos of young boys being raped in Abu Ghraib prison...  which were then played to their mothers as a form of torture. I think a few (of the mothers) even killed themselves afterwards. (I dare say a few of the boys did too but no one will have even noticed.)

Is it perhaps that you were talking about by mistake?

Trying to justify the raping of woman and kids in ukraine is strange behaviour, not sure you are the full shilling buddy.

22 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/one-soldier-raped-me-then-the-other-as-my-son-cried-7xbqwzdqw

Theres one womans story but if you google the words 'ukraine rape' you will find countless stories of woman being raped. Theres even reports of kids being raped. An 11 year old boy got raped. I would guess you think this is all lies and propaganda or perhaps you think these rape victims needed de- nazification by russian war heroes.

Gotta give you credit for being this stubborn and doubling down on your daftness. 

So one unsubstantiated accusation in "The Times' (😀) and then I have to google... what a gobshite. 

You are posting Goebbels-esque poison on here.  I don't think it helps and I will leave you to wallow in your own shit.

Edited by thplinth

Again personally I don't think any average professional soldier would intentionally kill women and children. I don't think you (reading this) would do it either.

It really takes something unusual to take a normal person and turn them into someone who can commit an atrocity against innocents.

As the quote goes...

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion."

To them ultra-nationalism is a religion.

31 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So one unsubstantiated accusation in "The Times' (😀) and then I have to google... what a gobshite. 

You are posting Goebbels-esque poison on here.  I don't think it helps and I will leave you to wallow in your own shit.

The reason i told you to google it is because i dont have the time nor energy to be posting the countless links to news reports of rape of women in ukraine. Its a bit like you asking me to provide links to reports of jimmy savilles victims stories. I dont have time to convince you that women and children are being raped. The worrying thing is you are unable to look up the information yourself and find out what russia is really doing. You seem to want to delude yourself and double down on your nonsense, for what reason i dont know. 

If you genuinely think the countless reports of women being raped in ukraine are newspaper lies then just say so and explain why instead of making daft comments like 'mcgoebbels'. 

28 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Again personally I don't think any average professional soldier would intentionally kill women and children. I don't think you (reading this) would do it either.

It really takes something unusual to take a normal person and turn them into someone who can commit an atrocity against innocents.

As the quote goes...

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion."

Basically putin has unleashed some horrible beasts into ukraine and you think this is acceptable because ukraine needs to be denazified. Try explaining that to the 11 year old boy whos been raped infront of his mother. Basically The plinth thinks your country needs denazified therefore you and your ppl must suffer rape and murder by an invading force. 

Surely you must see how daft you are coming across here.

If these reports are all lies and propaganda then i am happy to be corrected and will happily admit i am wrong but i very much doubt they are.

8 hours ago, thplinth said:

Personally I don't think professional soldiers on any side target children or mothers or nuns or charity workers or doctors etc etc. 

The only ones I think are capable of committing atrocities are the Nazis. Because they have reduced their enemy to the level of subhuman (in their minds). The Nazis committed a huge amount of atrocities because they saw Slavs as subhumans. So it is not killing a 'real' person.  

doubt you can back that up - both sides on conflicts are guilty - USA in Vietnam/Iraq

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iraq-soldier-suicide/u-s-soldier-convicted-of-iraq-rape-murders-found-hanged-in-prison-idUSBREA1I03V20140219

Russians apparently  raped 2M in Germany in WW2 

If you had said didnt think had been ordered to by their commanders then would agree 

some soldiers are a different breed, and have that additional aggression in them 

would be naive to think not happening - rape is about power and control 

Edited by euan2020

3 hours ago, euan2020 said:

doubt you can back that up - both sides on conflicts are guilty - USA in Vietnam/Iraq

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iraq-soldier-suicide/u-s-soldier-convicted-of-iraq-rape-murders-found-hanged-in-prison-idUSBREA1I03V20140219

Russians apparently  raped 2M in Germany in WW2 

If you had said didnt think had been ordered to by their commanders then would agree 

some soldiers are a different breed, and have that additional aggression in them 

would be naive to think not happening - rape is about power and control 

I am pretty sure this and other horrific things are going on and I am also pretty sure it is happening on both sides. 

As I have said I think it will be like Mad Max in some places. Disentangling who has done what is pretty impossible and all parties want their own truth to to be told which is why I don’t trust any of them. 

11 hours ago, thplinth said:

As the quote goes...

honestly, do you ever wonder why you have a different view to everyone else here?  Yes, of course information and media should be questioned but most sane people take a perspective on balance.

do you think the Russians are committing these atrocities or not? Honestly, what is your view?

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

honestly, do you ever wonder why you have a different view to everyone else here?  

Honestly do you ever wonder why no one on here agrees with you and most seem to think you are a warmongering idiot?

What a brass neck coming out with that. 😀 I suggest you sort out your own shitehouse posts before offering anyone else advice.

Edited by thplinth

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Honestly do you ever wonder why no one on here agrees with you and most seem to think you are a warmongering idiot?

What a brass neck coming out with that. 😀 I suggest you sort out your own shitehouse posts before offering anyone else advice.

im not suggesting that people here agree with me about what action is required, however most people agree on the interpretation of the media that we have all seen.  Russia are committing war crimes of the worst kind, yet you refuse to acknowledge that.

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

im not suggesting that people here agree with me about what action is required, however most people agree on the interpretation of the media that we have all seen.  Russia are committing war crimes of the worst kind, yet you refuse to acknowledge that.

No they don't. Some of us don't know what to believe and I certainly wouldn't take anything you said seriously on here.

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

"Most people" can sometimes be wrong. "Most people" don't believe everything they are told. I'm fairly sure you would be one of them. 

As I stated earlier this quote sums it up for me.

"War is essentially an evil thing. Its consequences are not confined to the belligerent states alone, but affect the whole world. To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Folk also forget Russia are imperialist as well and are acting as such here.

They've already commited the worst war-crime in starting a war of aggression and all that follows after. They're hardly unique in that regard in human history but it's no different.

No need to consume any media to think this, just read a few books.

15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

"Most people" can sometimes be wrong. "Most people" don't believe everything they are told. I'm fairly sure you would be one of them. 

You reckon most of these atrocities are fabricated or exaggerated? Genuine question as i am not someone who always trusts the media and i acknowledge that they lie and mislead ppl. 

Either way its looking quite grim and its looking ever likely ww3 will come about.

13 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

You reckon most of these atrocities are fabricated or exaggerated? Genuine question as i am not someone who always trusts the media and i acknowledge that they lie and mislead ppl. 

Either way its looking quite grim and its looking ever likely ww3 will come about.

That isn't even close to what I said. 

1 hour ago, phart said:

As I stated earlier this quote sums it up for me.

"War is essentially an evil thing. Its consequences are not confined to the belligerent states alone, but affect the whole world. To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Folk also forget Russia are imperialist as well and are acting as such here.

They've already commited the worst war-crime in starting a war of aggression and all that follows after. They're hardly unique in that regard in human history but it's no different.

No need to consume any media to think this, just read a few books.

russia are empire building.  Those of you that think I’m a war mongerer, we’ll all I can say is that I don’t support going out and attacking and invading countries. I do support the likes of Ukraine protecting their country though.

thplinth has yet to give me an explanation of how this should be resolved….  Surrender from Ukraine? Why should they and what message does that give Russia?

4 hours ago, Malcolm said:

War crimes of the worst kind are invading a country then have Police battalions and Einsatzgruppen following your army and indescriminantly and deliberately murder civilians

Invading a country where sections of your army kills unarmed civilians deliberately is not just a Russian thing