Trainers - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

As the title suggests I need new trainers, specifically for walking and comfort but I do like eye catching colours as well. I used to swear by Adidas Sambas but I don't think that they are of the same quality any more. 

So come at me with your recommendations! I draw the line at overinflated pish like Yeezys though. My budget would stretch to £150, I'm no paying much more than that. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Trainers for Yoons, batter in. Oh and no surrender btw 🇬🇧🤮

Well, anyone who defines their politics by their football team probably shouldn’t be allowed to vote.  Anyone who defines their politics by their football team shouldn’t be allowed into a game and anyone who makes their trainer choices baaed on either of the above should be forced to wear Nikes   

On 2/18/2022 at 7:05 PM, slasher said:

As the title suggests I need new trainers, specifically for walking and comfort but I do like eye catching colours as well. I used to swear by Adidas Sambas but I don't think that they are of the same quality any more. 

So come at me with your recommendations! I draw the line at overinflated pish like Yeezys though. My budget would stretch to £150, I'm no paying much more than that. 

When it comes to comfort I can't see passed Skechers or new balance trainers. 

I've got a few pairs of Adidas classic but for day to day wearing I have new balance or skechers 

50 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

When it comes to comfort I can't see passed Skechers or new balance trainers. 

I've got a few pairs of Adidas classic but for day to day wearing I have new balance or skechers 

That's a couple of shouts for NB & Skechers, I'll have a look 👍

6 hours ago, aaid said:

Well, anyone who defines their politics by their football team probably shouldn’t be allowed to vote.  Anyone who defines their politics by their football team shouldn’t be allowed into a game and anyone who makes their trainer choices baaed on either of the above should be forced to wear Nikes   

It wis a joke....... but they're still boggin 🤣

Edited by slasher

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I like trainers. 

The comfiest I have would be the Adidas zx500 or zx750, both new balance, they’re wonderful to walk in. 

edit: ASICS gel lyte are also decent  

FB76AF1F-2CE3-4A38-B7FC-03737DF09813.png

FFS 😂 The Kanye of the North East here! 

What are they burgundy ones back left? 

Agree about Sambas.  Had a a pair back in the late 60s for 5 a side and they lasted forever.  Black with some white bits, pretty basic model but had suction soles and were decent on wooden gym floors.  I recently threw out a pair of blue suede Sambas that I had had since about 1980 as the soles came off.  The current ones are not a patch on the older ones.

I bought a pair of Dune trainers a few years ago and wore them all the time until they got soaked when I got caught in a downpour in Palma - they dried out but were never the same and eventually they started to fall apart.  I recently found some Dune stuff in John Lewis in Glasgow and also discovered there is a Dune shop in Buchanan Street, so have bought a few pairs of trainers - including one which was available in a wider fitting.  I love them.  Not the sort of trainer that rappers would wear, which is another plus point for me.  To an extent you get what you pay for but something of slightly better quality is usually a better buy in the long run.  However high price does not always mean better quality.

On 2/20/2022 at 11:45 AM, dandydunn said:

I like trainers. 

The comfiest I have would be the Adidas zx500 or zx750, both new balance, they’re wonderful to walk in. 

edit: ASICS gel lyte are also decent  

FB76AF1F-2CE3-4A38-B7FC-03737DF09813.png

Pffft. Call that a knife? 😀 (Pink bag belongs to Mrs F before anyone asks!)  

image.thumb.jpeg.ebc08e30e9f0b4154e26d97a7aa07a3c.jpeg