Trainers - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

New Balance. They have excellent sizes for the bigger foot and they do a lot of them in wide and extra wide which is very rare. I am currently wearing their 608’s extra wide. Comfy shoes if you have big feet.

😬

39794E15-A2BA-48E3-885A-1D4E613F8963.thumb.jpeg.de47909cac4a5b43e2861d2d71948145.jpeg

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

What are the Trainer elite's views on that sneaker oddball Swiss K?

K-Swiss was it no? I had a pair, looked a good casual trainer with jeans but brutally uncomfortable 😣 

15 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

K-Swiss was it no? I had a pair, looked a good casual trainer with jeans but brutally uncomfortable 😣 

Yes it was! 😀

That is weird though as I have only had one pair and they were very comfortable but looked fucking horrendous.

28 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Yes it was! 😀

That is weird though as I have only had one pair and they were very comfortable but looked fucking horrendous.

If they were horrendous why’d you buy them?!? At least I didn’t know they were so uncomfortable until after I tried to break them in! 😆

Dont think you even get them now, do you?

4 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

If they were horrendous why’d you buy them?!?

It was your classic online purchase.

I have big feet. Especially from a width point of view. 

It is a nightmare finding a shoe even length wise... but width wise... no chance.

So I scour the internet for mythical wide and comfortable shoes and buy them blind.

These ones were truly horrendous... but they fitted. 😀

I still have them.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

What are the Trainer elite's views on that sneaker oddball Swiss K?

edit: or it might be K-Swiss. 😀

Not for me. Look absolutely horrific, I’d rather wear Nike 🤪

Which in that note, I fucking hate it when the kids ask for Nike trainers, thankfully, the youngest now wants to wear ones that folk at football wear, which doesn’t always work either. 2 christmases ago, he got a pair of red Trimm Trab, within 5 minutes, he was in the back garden kicking a ball into his new goals with them on 🙈😡

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Not for me. Look absolutely horrific, I’d rather wear Nike 🤪

Which in that note, I fucking hate it when the kids ask for Nike trainers, thankfully, the youngest now wants to wear ones that folk at football wear, which doesn’t always work either. 2 christmases ago, he got a pair of red Trimm Trab, within 5 minutes, he was in the back garden kicking a ball into his new goals with them on 🙈😡

These are the ones I bought. It is not obvious from looking at them (hence the purchase) but the band of blue stripes running diagonally up left to right in the middle of the shoe are actually these bizarre plastic flaps that the laces mesh through. It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen on a trainer, they did nothing other than make them hideous. People even told me they were hideous. I cut it the flaps off with the kitchen scissors eventually. Comfy though.

01937129.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

17 hours ago, thplinth said:

It was your classic online purchase.

I have big feet. Especially from a width point of view. 

It is a nightmare finding a shoe even length wise... but width wise... no chance.

So I scour the internet for mythical wide and comfortable shoes and buy them blind.

These ones were truly horrendous... but they fitted. 😀

I still have them.

New balance easiest the best for wide feet - i use 2e , but is a 4e also

wish i known this years back

get most of mine in north america 

but have ordered a pair here too

Keen do decent wide shoes too - seemingly even their standard are wide-ish ; not trainers as such but walking/hiking low cut boots - shoes

the military/ jesus sandal too was great for a hand luggage only backpacking trip to greece and italy - beach, pub , plane, samaras gorge hike 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Did we ever get to the bottom of what was wrong with Nike?!

Dandy thinks Nike are for 12 year olds. I have as many pairs of Nike as I do Adidas, however the Nikes are a much better fit and are a lot more comfortable.
Aye, the adidas look a bit more trendier with jeans, but I find them awfy long and narrow. 
Nike for days out and walks with the dug, Adidas for the pub when I’m no walking far 👍🏼

I wore Sambas for years, still wear them, walkobout or to going to the pub.. If it's comfort, I bought a pair of "Under Armour" trainers. Don't know if they sell them in Scotland. They are the most comfortable trainers I have ever worn.. Very popular over here. We bit pricey, but we'll worth it..

4 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Dandy thinks Nike are for 12 year olds. I have as many pairs of Nike as I do Adidas, however the Nikes are a much better fit and are a lot more comfortable.
Aye, the adidas look a bit more trendier with jeans, but I find them awfy long and narrow. 
Nike for days out and walks with the dug, Adidas for the pub when I’m no walking far 👍🏼

Aye that’s why I don’t wear Adidas. Too narrow (and I don’t think I have particularly broad feet) so I need to by a size up that then require an insole. As much as I like some Adidas I’d rather just buy shoes I know fit me. 

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Aye that’s why I don’t wear Adidas. Too narrow (and I don’t think I have particularly broad feet) so I need to by a size up that then require an insole. As much as I like some Adidas I’d rather just buy shoes I know fit me. 

Look for "Under Armour" mate. I have a wide foot, and they are fine. 

13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Look for "Under Armour" mate. I have a wide foot, and they are fine. 

The Under Armour have seen look to be more for running or the gym rather than wearing with jeans when going out.

5 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Keen do decent wide shoes too - seemingly even their standard are wide-ish ; not trainers as such but walking/hiking low cut boots - shoes

the military/ jesus sandal too was great for a hand luggage only backpacking trip to greece and italy - beach, pub , plane, samaras gorge hike 

Cheers bud. We big footed folk need to keep the info flowing. They look good. Up to a size 16... oh yeah.