Trainers - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

24 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Pffft. Call that a knife? 😀 (Pink bag belongs to Mrs F before anyone asks!)  

image.thumb.jpeg.ebc08e30e9f0b4154e26d97a7aa07a3c.jpeg

At the risk of going all mumsnet, some of those soles could do with a wee clean FB. Have you tried CIF ? The white stuff not the yellow one.
I am surprised Mrs F allows them on her gleaming floors 😁

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

At the risk of going all mumsnet, some of those soles could do with a wee clean FB. Have you tried CIF ? The white stuff not the yellow one.
I am surprised Mrs F allows them on her gleaming floors 😁

Most of the soles are OK, it's just the mid soles that need a freshening up!  The top row are my current everyday ones so they'll be getting replaced once we come out the other side of winter! 😁

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Most of the soles are OK, it's just the mid soles that need a freshening up!  The top row are my current everyday ones so they'll be getting replaced once we come out the other side of winter! 😁

I was wondering how she could see your soles from there? She must have been in having a rummage around?

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I was wondering how she could see your soles from there? She must have been in having a rummage around?

😂 I was meaning the mid soles. I didnt know the technical name for that part , I am unfamiliar with tartan army  trainer terminology. Or TATT for short 😁

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

You are very tidy FB. I would be mortified to show my shoe cupboard. 

19 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

🤣 the boards Imelda Marcos. Dandydunn will be pure raging his shoe collection is being upstaged. 

I used to go to Manila on a regular basis with work about 10-15 years ago.   The hotel we used was one of the top ones and had a massive lobby with a restaurant in it which was a bit of a see and be seen location for a certain section of Filipino society. 

I was checking out on Friday evening to go to the airport and as I was walking to the door I passed a table full of very wealthy Filipina ladies of a certain age.  In the middle was one woman who clear was holding court,  I’d no idea who she was but I glanced at her and our eyes made contact for a couple of seconds,  

When I was in the car going to the airport, it twigged to me that it was Imelda Marcos but I thought she’d been put into exile.   I texted one of my Filipina colleagues and said “I think I’ve just seen Imelda Marcos in the Pen”, she replied “if you think you’ve seen her there, you probably have as that’s one of the places she hangs out”.

I didn’t notice her shoes but she looked in good nick for a woman of her age.

There’s a presidential election this year in the Philippines and her son Bongbong is one of the candidates along with the daughter of the current president Duterte’s daughter as a running mate.

if you think politics in the UK is mad, it’s got nothing on the Philippines.. 

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

I used to go to Manila on a regular basis with work about 10-15 years ago.   The hotel we used was one of the top ones and had a massive lobby with a restaurant in it which was a bit of a see and be seen location for a certain section of Filipino society. 

I was checking out on Friday evening to go to the airport and as I was walking to the door I passed a table full of very wealthy Filipina ladies of a certain age.  In the middle was one woman who clear was holding court,  I’d no idea who she was but I glanced at her and our eyes made contact for a couple of seconds,  

When I was in the car going to the airport, it twigged to me that it was Imelda Marcos but I thought she’d been put into exile.   I texted one of my Filipina colleagues and said “I think I’ve just seen Imelda Marcos in the Pen”, she replied “if you think you’ve seen her there, you probably have as that’s one of the places she hangs out”.

There’s a presidential election this year in the Philippines and her son Bongbong is one of the candidates along with the daughter of the current president Duterte’s daughter as a running mate.

😂 Bojo and Bongbong. Politics of the 21st century. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😁 what is all this about Nike. I love my Nike running shoes.

And anyway, only a real man has a pair of cuban heels in his shoe cupboard , wee boys have trainers 😁

Just to clarify, classing them as Cuban heels is a slight exaggeration.  I'm a wee fella but I'm not quite at the Tom Cruise booster stage! 

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

And to add a bit of context to my Nike collection (not that anyone cares!), I can't really get Adidas that fit me properly and the missus has a few pairs of NB so both of them are ruled out! 

Aye OK shortie 🤣

Your collection isn't going to get you many 'staunch' points either. Currently I have 5 pairs. 1 white/silver, 1 white/red 1 grey, 1 green, 1 black. (all adidas) 

I think I'm going to go into JD on Saturday early and annoy some gum chewing teenagers by trying on as many pairs as possible before going home to order online 😂

Edited by slasher

14 hours ago, aaid said:

We've got our own Bongbong Boris or is it Bambam.

14 minutes ago, slasher said:

Aye OK shortie 🤣

Your collection isn't going to get you many 'staunch' points either. Currently I have 5 pairs. 1 white/silver, 1 white/red 1 grey, 1 green, 1 black. (all adidas) 

I think I'm going to go into JD on Saturday early and annoy some gum chewing teenagers by trying on as many pairs as possible before going home to order online 😂

You can thank me later

https://www.80scasualclassics.co.uk/

Or if you’ve got Facebook/Twitter, check out man savings. 

I’ve spent a small portion of my life/earnings on that page 😬

28 minutes ago, slasher said:

Your collection isn't going to get you many 'staunch' points either.

Whit?!  I've got a pair or red, white and blue Air Max and a pair of orange and blue Challengers!  That should see me carried in to Ibrox shoulder high!

31 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Whit?!  I've got a pair or red, white and blue Air Max and a pair of orange and blue Challengers!  That should see me carried in to Ibrox shoulder high!

Whit? You still get a lift over at the fitba? 🤣

56 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

You can thank me later

https://www.80scasualclassics.co.uk/

Or if you’ve got Facebook/Twitter, check out man savings. 

I’ve spent a small portion of my life/earnings on that page 😬

I'm liking the look of the adidas orions (red) and the Continental 80 originals white/off white/black. 

Feck, I'm going to end up spending a fortune here aren't I 🙈

Edited by slasher