Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 216 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Most of the Newcastle players underperformed first half. George Byers did well though. 

Watch a lot of Wednesday and he rarely has a bad game. Most difficult part of our team to get into though, he’s got to go up at least one level before he can entertain thoughts of a call up, in my humble opinion.

43 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Actually looking forward to seeing him play for Scotland, hope he gets a decent chance. 

Yeh usually we are short on strikers playing at the highest level so it would be great to have another striker playing in the epl. I think stewart is more of a natural goalscorer than adams so that might useful considering we usually struggle to score goals. 

I genuinely think he could be our version of toney or vardy. I would love for us to try out a 433 formation with a front three of adams stewart fraser. I think that has potential and if doak becomes a superstar then he can replace fraser in the long run.

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

Watch a lot of Wednesday and he rarely has a bad game. Most difficult part of our team to get into though, he’s got to go up at least one level before he can entertain thoughts of a call up, in my humble opinion.

I'm not suggesting him for a call up but he was good tonight. Iirc he performed quite well for Swansea when they were in the EPL but career seems to have stuttered since then. Anderson didn't really show tonight but by all accounts is a talented individual and would be nice if he committed to us.

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Doak seems to be getting minutes for liverpool which is encouraging to see. Maybe a loan next season to another epl club or even a championship club might help his development. He looks like the kind of player we need, attacking and willing to take players on.

Liverpool fans seem to like him a lot. Obviously not easy to get into the Liverpool team but overall they aren’t playing great just now so maybe a good time for Doak to be involved in the first team. 

On 1/4/2023 at 12:42 AM, mccaughey85 said:

I think mctominay might have to move on in the long run. Somewhere like crystal palace or everton might be somewhere he can thrive.

I think you're right. Maybe West Ham United (replacement for Declan Rice if he moves on?).
Maybe McTominay might have to adopt his playing style a little if he wants to stick it out at Manchester Utd with Ten Hag? E.g. This part of this analysis video (contrasting Casemiro with McTominay) is interesting. 

18 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Doak full cap this year, Mebude full cap next year I reckon 

What I predict/hope is that Clarke does what Strachan did with Andy Robertson. I.e take him along to train with the full squad and immediately realise how immense he is and end up giving him his debut. 

I wonder who our youngest cap is... I can think of plenty of 18 year olds e.g Fletcher, McFadden, Maloney, but don't know if we've had a 17 year old.

28 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

What I predict/hope is that Clarke does what Strachan did with Andy Robertson. I.e take him along to train with the full squad and immediately realise how immense he is and end up giving him his debut. 

I wonder who our youngest cap is... I can think of plenty of 18 year olds e.g Fletcher, McFadden, Maloney, but don't know if we've had a 17 year old.

Was Danny Wilson not 17/18 when Levein capped him vs the Faroes at Pittodrie?

20 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I wonder whether he's been pushed down the pecking order with the signing of Gnapko, otherwise I would agree that he could be in the squad in the next year.

Thankfully Gakpo prefers playing on the left and that's where Liverpool have had there injuries. I think Doak has secured a safe spot of coming on for 5/10 mins when Salah needs a rest

24 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Thankfully Gakpo prefers playing on the left and that's where Liverpool have had there injuries. I think Doak has secured a safe spot of coming on for 5/10 mins when Salah needs a rest

Ah, thanks for that. Every time I've seen Doak play it's been down the right so I did fear that with Gapko's arrival he might not get so many opportunities