Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 122 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

8 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I have accepted he is out of the play-offs. Surgery is a serious business and normally takes months to heal rather than weeks including the time to regain full match fitness and sharpness. 

He probably is out until next season but theres loads of surgerys that happen nowadays where players are out for weeks rather than months. 

This wasnt a result of a challenge or something that stopped Tierney in his tracks. It was a niggle that they have decided to tidy up. Could be as simple as removing or trimming some damage. You would be talking 6-8 weeks max for something like that.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

I don't want to sound overly negative but he almost certainly won't play for the Man City first team. From what I have read about him he has a chance to be a Premier League level player, but probably not an elite level player, and very much not at this stage in his career. Remember he has played a lot, but it is at Dutch second division and English third division level. Hopefully he gets a loan to the Championship to see if he can make an impact at that level next season and maybe a permanent move thereafter.

City gave him a 5 year deal but I think that is probably because he can make then a lot of money through sales in the future, but would imagine a step up to Champ or maybe a move to a top European division(like a mid to bottom side say in Holland), Owen Brown(Scottish youth analyst) says he is probably the best if not the most consistent player in the current u21s.

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

City gave him a 5 year deal but I think that is probably because he can make then a lot of money through sales in the future, but would imagine a step up to Champ or maybe a move to a top European division(like a mid to bottom side say in Holland), Owen Brown(Scottish youth analyst) says he is probably the best if not the most consistent player in the current u21s.

That's pretty consistent with what I have read, yeah. Owen Brown has said similar in the past too, and I definitely respect his view.

On 4/7/2022 at 10:09 AM, Diamond Scot said:

He probably is out until next season but theres loads of surgerys that happen nowadays where players are out for weeks rather than months. 

This wasnt a result of a challenge or something that stopped Tierney in his tracks. It was a niggle that they have decided to tidy up. Could be as simple as removing or trimming some damage. You would be talking 6-8 weeks max for something like that.

Charles watts reported that Arsenal not sure he will even be ready for start of pre season. This guy isnt wrong when it comes to all things Arsenal. 

18 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Jacob Brown and Scott McKenna both on target today. As is Oli Burke(mind him.)

I think clarke might have unearthed a minor gem in brown. If he can continue this form for the rest of the season and into next season he might attract some epl clubs. He at least looks like hes developing into a good championship striker.

Just turned the channel and low and behold, Portland Timbers are playing Vancouver and Ryan Gauld starting up front on his own.. 2230 here, gonnae try stay awake and see how he does. He definitely has a bit of bottle so far.. I see he is 26. Does he have a chance with Scotland in the future?

13 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Liam cooper was immense for leeds today . 2nd game back from injury and first clean sheet for a while 

Getting a lot of praise on twitter by there fans, collosus and true leader are tweets, fans saying his return from injury is one of the reasons for there improvement lately. 

16 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

Jacob Brown and Scott McKenna both on target today. As is Oli Burke(mind him.)

Forest are up to 3rd in the English championship with a game in hand over 4th place. 6 points behind 2nd and they still have to play 2nd placed Bournemouth.

On 4/5/2022 at 9:30 PM, ProudScot said:

KT & Patterson out till next season - surely better for us the play off is in September now.

The thought of Stephen O’Donnell vs Gareth Bale is enough to give sleepless nights… 

Well he did not bad against Grealish, the most expensive EPL player.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Forest are up to 3rd in the English championship with a game in hand over 4th place. 6 points behind 2nd and they still have to play 2nd placed Bournemouth.

Not sure which team I'd rather see promoted. Ryan Christie's Bournemouth or Scott McKenna's Forest. 

Christie is more likely at the minute to be a first 11 player for Scotland, but McKenna could push himself in if he is an EPL player.

It is possible both could go up. That is the best case scenario.

Edited by Tartan blood

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Well he did not bad against Grealish, the most expensive EPL player.

He did perform admirably for a player so limited that game.

To beat Ukraine & Wales though we need to be able to attack down thanks sides so hopefully if Patterson can’t play then Ralston or Hickey can 

Just seen that the Scottish player with probably the best stats and been outstanding all season in the championship is Kal Naismith, seen a few things had him in team of the season seems to play everywhere but mostly CB. Him and Allan Campbell could be playing in the prem next season, Campbell is also doing well. 

53 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Not sure which team I'd rather see promoted. Ryan Christie's Bournemouth or Scott McKenna's Forest. 

Christie is more likely at the minute to be a first 11 player for Scotland, but McKenna could push himself in if he is an EPL player.

It is possible both could go up. That is the best case scenario.

I think Christie could play in the EPL but McKenna would be replaced as championship is more his level tbh. 

Just now, syecosse said:

Just seen that the Scottish player with probably the best stats and been outstanding all season in the championship is Kal Naismith, seen a few things had him in team of the season seems to play everywhere but mostly CB. Him and Allan Campbell could be playing in the prem next season, Campbell is also doing well. 

Naismith is doing very well be interesting to see him in the EPL next season definitely. 

8 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I think Christie could play in the EPL but McKenna would be replaced as championship is more his level tbh. 

I don't think so. I think McKenna has all the attributes to be an EPL centre back. I do think he needed time in the Championship to build experience first. 1 more season there would do him no harm, but being greedy I'd like him to go up this summer. Similar to Cooper and Hanley, who are both EPL level centre backs, but spent plenty of time in the Championship.

10 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

He did perform admirably for a player so limited that game.

To beat Ukraine & Wales though we need to be able to attack down thanks sides so hopefully if Patterson can’t play then Ralston or Hickey can 

O'Donnell had a great game against England but he (and the rest of the team) spent a large portion of the game defending.

The difference between the England game and the upcoming playoffs is we didn't have to beat England; anything other than a total scudding would have been seen as a respectable result.  We will have to beat Ukraine and Wales if we want to get to the World Cup so we'll obviously need to attack more. 

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

O'Donnell had a great game against England but he (and the rest of the team) spent a large portion of the game defending.

The difference between the England game and the upcoming playoffs is we didn't have to beat England; anything other than a total scudding would have been seen as a respectable result.  We will have to beat Ukraine and Wales if we want to get to the World Cup so we'll obviously need to attack more. 

We had more shots and more shots on target than England. (Including a shot from SOD) They had more possession, but they were the home team, and a lot of their possession was spent passing between their centre backs, and Grealish wandering about with the ball not passing. So, I don't think that game is an ideal comparison.

Ideally we would have Robertson, Tierney and Patterson all available for the playoffs, but it's not looking likely, unfortunately.