Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 120 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer to look at this in a positive light as to how many great players we have available now. There are a string of our players you can list as being a big loss ie Tierney, Robertson, McGinn, Gilmour, Gordon and perhaps even Adams, McGregor, McTominay and Patterson. Think back three or four years and you could not say the same.

33 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

This boy could be destined to be better than Robbo and Tierney, considering where he is at already in his career and seems far more versatile than both

The ability he has when he was attacking on the right flank there was apparent, especially when he cut inside and was able to use his left foot to play accurate balls into the opposition box. Almost like his team suddenly gained an 'inverted' winger. He appears to have the technical skills to play anywhere. Previous talk of midfield and certainly able to play as right or left full back or wing back. 

12 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The ability he has when he was attacking on the right flank there was apparent, especially when he cut inside and was able to use his left foot to play accurate balls into the opposition box. Almost like his team suddenly gained an 'inverted' winger. He appears to have the technical skills to play anywhere. Previous talk of midfield and certainly able to play as right or left full back or wing back. 

Being able to play rb/rwb would probably improve his chances of getting more caps. Next 6/7 years robbo will be first choice.

I know we're not exactly short in midfield, but I was at Fiorentina v Empoli on Sunday and Liam Henderson was playing for Empoli. Looked alright, played advanced in midfield and got past the strikers a few times. Had a few bits of posturing, barging and arguments with Torreira who he towered over!

He got subbed when one of their CBs got sent off after an hour.

I remember the days we'd have killed for a midfielder starting in Serie A but it's a sign of how much we've improved that he's way down the list.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyshaker said:

I know we're not exactly short in midfield, but I was at Fiorentina v Empoli on Sunday and Liam Henderson was playing for Empoli. Looked alright, played advanced in midfield and got past the strikers a few times. Had a few bits of posturing, barging and arguments with Torreira who he towered over!

He got subbed when one of their CBs got sent off after an hour.

I remember the days we'd have killed for a midfielder starting in Serie A but it's a sign of how much we've improved that he's way down the list.

You wonder if he should be down the list when Kenny McLean & Lewis Ferguson are in the squad tbh

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He could easily be out for the season but okay to play for us in June. 

Tbh missing 3-4 Arsenal games now is a disaster for them so that could be all Arteta means. Let’s chill out till we know and hope he’s okay for June. 

Let's hope so, he did come back from his last big injury much sooner than expected if I remember right

2 hours ago, todd said:

Let's hope so, he did come back from his last big injury much sooner than expected if I remember right

To be fair, taken into account that he needs surgery, I'd say he is out of the play-offs in June. Surgery takes several weeks to recover from before you can even contemplate regaining match fitness which takes another few weeks.

However, if FIFA and UEFA are still going to give Ukraine more time and it is put back until September (I hope not) then Tierney should be back by then.

15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

September will be better than June for us. 

The situation needs resolved ASAP in my opinion. Waiting until September further impacts on the winning team's choices in training facilities and hotels in Qatar and leaves fans in serious limbo. I know it may benefit us allowing Tierney time to recover and players should be fresh after a summer break but there is no guarantee another of our key players won't be injured around that time.

56 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The situation needs resolved ASAP in my opinion. Waiting until September further impacts on the winning team's choices in training facilities and hotels in Qatar and leaves fans in serious limbo. I know it may benefit us allowing Tierney time to recover and players should be fresh after a summer break but there is no guarantee another of our key players won't be injured around that time.

I think they need to bite the bullet and just give Scotland a bye to the final.  Everyone keeps banging on about football being irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but it clearly isn't to the Ukrainians or they'd be like 'We couldn't give a shit about the game, do what you want, it's irrelevant to us' 

If FIFA were to announce the match must be played in June and re-iterate no more deadlines I am sure Ukraine would put a side together. And nobody could call FIFA unreasonable for taking that stance. They have already delayed the match for three months with the World Cup now just six months away that is being reasonable but there has to be a cut off point to be fair to Scotland and Wales so they can have the best possible preparations should they make it to the World Cup. Play it in September and both Wales and Scotland will be seriously compromised and disadvantaged.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

54 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

KT & Patterson out till next season - surely better for us the play off is in September now.

The thought of Stephen O’Donnell vs Gareth Bale is enough to give sleepless nights… 

i think o donnel would be better defensively than Patterson

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is amazing that we have had great runs of results and through all of that people on here would swear O'Donnell has been constantly shite. Pretty pathetic really.

It is strange how well he has done for us compared with his club. Maybe we should put him in the Billy Gilmour boat of "plays better with better players".