Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 114 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Elliot Anderson scored another great goal for Bristol Rovers, some fans are hailing him as the best talent they have ever had on loan, although do not know who they have had. Can see England trying to get him to play for them. 

Not sure they will bother unless he starts playing every week for newcastle in the epl. They have about a dozen young attacking midfielders playing at a decent level. Chances of him being good enough for england are slim. Probaby his best option is to hold off on any decisions regarding international football(senior level) until he knows what level he will make it at unless hes been brought up as scottish and is desperate to play for us.

12 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He’s handled it well but he’s one of our best players so we are better with him for sure, hopefully he’s in the June squad 

Hes a good player so its sad to see him not included but clarke doesnt have any other option imo. Sets an example to the other players in the squad that they cant just pick and choose when to turn up. 

On 3/16/2022 at 8:50 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Not sure they will bother unless he starts playing every week for newcastle in the epl. They have about a dozen young attacking midfielders playing at a decent level. Chances of him being good enough for england are slim. Probaby his best option is to hold off on any decisions regarding international football(senior level) until he knows what level he will make it at unless hes been brought up as scottish and is desperate to play for us.

He is playing well below his level. So I'm not surprised that he is considered their best ever loanee.

I'm honestly surprised Newcastle loaned him to League 2.

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He is playing well below his level. So I'm not surprised that he is considered their best ever loanee.

I'm honestly surprised Newcastle loaned him to League 2.

Probably the kiss of death but Joey Barton has compared him to Maradona. But just incase Clarke get him capped. 

39 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Just watching the Old Firm B game. I’m my 50 odd years, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more promising Scottish player than Alex Lowry. He has every chance of becoming world class if he screws the nut. 

That's a bold statement! Anyone else impressing on either team?

7 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

That's a bold statement! Anyone else impressing on either team?

McCann (Ireland) has been very good for Rangers but Lowry the stand out. I can’t wait to see him play with Gilmour.

Celtic have been rotten, but Doak has come on. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Just watching the Old Firm B game. I’m my 50 odd years, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more promising Scottish player than Alex Lowry. He has every chance of becoming world class if he screws the nut. 

Wow, that's some accolade. A lot of Rangers fans are reminded of Durrant.

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Do you not think thats a bit of an exaggeration? Hes playing youth football. Those B teams play in the lowland league against dross. Theres been promising 17/18 year old scottish who have looked brilliant/promising in the spl and english leagues and even they havent necessarily gone onto great things. Would it not be better to rave about him once he performs well in the rangers first team.

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Do you not think thats a bit of an exaggeration? Hes playing youth football. Those B teams play in the lowland league against dross. Theres been promising 17/18 year old scottish who have looked brilliant/promising in the spl and english leagues and even they havent necessarily gone onto great things. Would it not be better to rave about him once he performs well in the rangers first team.

He’s already performed well in the Rangers first team, but I apologise for any distress caused. 

58 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Wow, that's some accolade. A lot of Rangers fans are reminded of Durrant.

He looks a bit like Steve McManaman and actually plays quite a bit like him too. I don’t really see the Durrant comparison apart from maybe how they glide with the ball when running. Durrant (pre-injury) tended to play one- twos and find space with great movement.

Lowry tends to bring it into feet and then has a very good weight of pass and vision. He has outrageous ability on the ball. I may have got over excited but what I’m saying is all the ingredients seem to be there and only really Gilmour has shown comparable ability that I can think of, albeit he plays a different role. 

17 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He’s already performed well in the Rangers first team, but I apologise for any distress caused. 

No distress caused. I just find it strange that you can be so hyperbolic about a young player who has only really played youth football and lowland league level. Hes had 4 appearances for the rangers first team, pretty sure 3 were sub appearances.

To proclaim him to be a future world class player when we have only produced 1 world class player in the last 30 years is quite a statement. Lets see how he gets on in the rangers first team before we get excited. If hes potentially world class then he should be able to become a first team regular next season. Most future world class players play regular football at the age of 18/19 especially considering its the spl and not a top league.