Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 115 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Watts apps full of pals calling him a rocket, what did he do exactly? 

He took the Aberdeen number 2 out in the six yard box, it's was a vicious and unnecessary tackle. After being sent off he was going mental.

Today proved why he will never reach a higher level than where he is now

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Anderson Bristol Rovers scored again but Ryan Hardie seems to be scoring a lot in League 1 considering people are talking about Stewart at Sunderland. 

Wrong Anderson, our one didn't. 

Probably not a lot between Hardie and Stewart but I doubt if either of them will amount to much.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He took the Aberdeen number 2 out in the six yard box, it's was a vicious and unnecessary tackle. After being sent off he was going mental.

Today proved why he will never reach a higher level than where he is now

I suspect you're right, he doesn't seem to learn.

8 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

He looks a bit like Steve McManaman and actually plays quite a bit like him too. I don’t really see the Durrant comparison apart from maybe how they glide with the ball when running. Durrant (pre-injury) tended to play one- twos and find space with great movement.

Lowry tends to bring it into feet and then has a very good weight of pass and vision. He has outrageous ability on the ball. I may have got over excited but what I’m saying is all the ingredients seem to be there and only really Gilmour has shown comparable ability that I can think of, albeit he plays a different role. 

He reminds me of Aribo. Just effortless technique.

I'll be shocked and very disappointed if he isn't part of the squad rotation at Rangers next season. Far too good for the B team or a championship loan.

Lowry looked a class above when he got a couple of games before the turn of the year. Comfortable with both feet and plays with his head up looking to make things happen.

For almost any othet team a couple of standout performances like that would have seen him get more games however Rangers seem to have reverted to type and brought in the guys on big wages as soon as they were available again. 

Nobody can tell me that Scot Wright is a better option off the bench than Lowry.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Lowry looked a class above when he got a couple of games before the turn of the year. Comfortable with both feet and plays with his head up looking to make things happen.

For almost any othet team a couple of standout performances like that would have seen him get more games however Rangers seem to have reverted to type and brought in the guys on big wages as soon as they were available again. 

Nobody can tell me that Scot Wright is a better option off the bench than Lowry.

No eligible Scots starting for Rangers today. And neither Wright or Lowry on the bench. (Lowry did play yesterday though) Only Jack and McLaughlin on the bench.

I do think Gio is less guilty of it than Gerrard, but he is still not doing enough to blood youngsters. That Aaron Ramsey signing was utter desperation. Wales are the only ones that will benefit from him getting games. Let's hope it doesn't bite Scotland in the ass in a critical playoff. 

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

No eligible Scots starting for Rangers today. And neither Wright or Lowry on the bench. (Lowry did play yesterday though) Only Jack and McLaughlin on the bench.

I do think Gio is less guilty of it than Gerrard, but he is still not doing enough to blood youngsters. That Aaron Ramsey signing was utter desperation. Wales are the only ones that will benefit from him getting games. Let's hope it doesn't bite Scotland in the ass in a critical playoff. 

Not desperation - Ramsey is a class act. It's not the job of Rangers or Celtic for that matter to produce Scotland players. Lowry will get his chance next season I'm sure.

31 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Not desperation - Ramsey is a class act. It's not the job of Rangers or Celtic for that matter to produce Scotland players. Lowry will get his chance next season I'm sure.

Producing young players should be an essential requirement for any club and would be in the old firms best interest. Saves a lot of money in the long term. 

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

Ive said it before. No Old firm manager will develop youngesters. Their squad is too big and its much harder to leave a 28 year old on 10k per week out the squad than a youth player. 

I had high hopes for Ange being different but its clear that the only reason he played young Scots was lack of options. Welsh, Ralston etc have all seen game time drop since other options have become available. Ralston pretty much just plays the easier games now.

Purely on footballing ability Lowry is already ahead of guys like Wright ams Arfield however just doesnt have the experience so likely to be inconsistent. That said who knows if you will be inconsistent id if you dint get the chance.

41 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Producing young players should be an essential requirement for any club and would be in the old firms best interest. Saves a lot of money in the long term. 

You took the words right out of my keyboard. 

31 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Ive said it before. No Old firm manager will develop youngesters. Their squad is too big and its much harder to leave a 28 year old on 10k per week out the squad than a youth player. 

I had high hopes for Ange being different but its clear that the only reason he played young Scots was lack of options. Welsh, Ralston etc have all seen game time drop since other options have become available. Ralston pretty much just plays the easier games now.

Purely on footballing ability Lowry is already ahead of guys like Wright ams Arfield however just doesnt have the experience so likely to be inconsistent. That said who knows if you will be inconsistent id if you dint get the chance.

Ange is a big fan of Turnbull (still only 22). But he is already established, I guess. Ange plays Ralston regularly as well. It's just a shame he has a Croatian international competing for the same spot. Doak has had game time recently. As has Mikey Johnston when fit. 

I'm not defending Ange or Celtic though, because it seems like they are stockpiling squad players right now, and I don't see many leaving in the summer. So it's no wonder guys like Doak and Dembele have had their heads turned. 

On 3/11/2022 at 5:14 PM, breeks_mctavish said:

Found this video on a Chelsea website. Not a bad wee showreel!

Don't the Norwich fans want him sent back, I thought his loan was considered a bit of a flop?

Watched Palace today and considering they've taken a few from Chelsea like Conor Gallagher I think that would be a decent move for him as I assume Chelsea will be o.k in long run.

Can also see Lampard wanting him for Everton.

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

Don't the Norwich fans want him sent back, I thought his loan was considered a bit of a flop?

Watched Palace today and considering they've taken a few from Chelsea like Conor Gallagher I think that would be a decent move for him as I assume Chelsea will be o.k in long run.

Can also see Lampard wanting him for Everton.

could be in the championship next season

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

agree, a lot of people here see to think the old firm clubs owe it to the good of the game of scotland to develop local talent.  All the rangers manager needs to concern himself with is rangers winning and if that means picking 11 foreigners in every single game then so be it.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

agree, a lot of people here see to think the old firm clubs owe it to the good of the game of scotland to develop local talent.  All the rangers manager needs to concern himself with is rangers winning and if that means picking 11 foreigners in every single game then so be it.

That's the spirit....

2 hours ago, bigfingers said:

I get that whoever is managing either side of the OF is under pressure to win things, and also that their obligation is to their club and not the national team, but the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and the Manchester clubs are under similar pressures down south yet they are still able to produce young home-grown players for their first teams, and in turn the English national team.

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

Armstrong just hit the post v Southampton from a clever run. Will be decent match as Southampton actually match up pretty well v Man. City as indicated by results in last few seasons.

Che Adams resting on the bench.

Armstrong had a good game, I thought.

4 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

You took the words right out of my keyboard. 

Ange is a big fan of Turnbull (still only 22). But he is already established, I guess. Ange plays Ralston regularly as well. It's just a shame he has a Croatian international competing for the same spot. Doak has had game time recently. As has Mikey Johnston when fit. 

I'm not defending Ange or Celtic though, because it seems like they are stockpiling squad players right now, and I don't see many leaving in the summer. So it's no wonder guys like Doak and Dembele have had their heads turned. 

Ange played Welsh and Ralston at the start of the season but Welsh has dropped out completely once more options came and Ralston doesnt play in the bigger games now albeit he is still getting a decent amount of game time. Id disagree with Doak and Johnston though. Doak has 2 appearences totalling about 15 mins and Johnston relaly only gets a few mins off the bench.

Without doubt its difficult at the Old Firm to play youth lots as you have so many alternatives. Take Ramsey at Aberdeen as an example,  was playing really went but hasnt been good since the new year. If the manager had an international class right back then im sure he would find his game time limited aswell.

14 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

A Couple of amazing moments to shows his excellent technique and vision.

If Lowry develops like we hope (2/3 years time) a midfield involving Lowry as a CAM and Gilmour as a CM/CDM, would be ridiculous to think of. Both having ridiculous technique and a completely different playing style to Scottish football. Then add Turnbull, McGinn and another midfielder and you could have a narrow 4-2-3-1. Basically a Scottish team that dominates the ball due to superior technique and passing.

10 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

A Couple of amazing moments to shows his excellent technique and vision.

If Lowry develops like we hope (2/3 years time) a midfield involving Lowry as a CAM and Gilmour as a CM/CDM, would be ridiculous to think of. Both having ridiculous technique and a completely different playing style to Scottish football. Then add Turnbull, McGinn and another midfielder and you could have a narrow 4-2-3-1. Basically a Scottish team that dominates the ball due to superior technique and passing.

Yeah, there were at least a couple of other moments of similar quality in the first half, not to mention his goal. I’ve no doubt he’ll be a first team regular next season and will get more game time this season. 

I’ve got high hopes for Mochrie at Dundee Utd, so we really could have some exceptionally technical players in the years ahead. 

Just noticed that Tom Mcintyre got man of the match for Reading at the weekend, he has only just returned from long term injury, although is covering Left back, naturally plays CB so hopefully a run in that position when he does not need to cover.