Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 116 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I would not recommend any of our youth players going to Liverpool. Better off going to a smaller club where they have a good chance getting first team football, impressing and being an established pro before such a move. Remember Robbie Foy and Danny Wilson.

I agree mate. Being a Celtic man I want Doak to sign a contract, butbI have heard he is keen on Liverpool. I wish him well, as I would any young Scottish talent, but as you say, not a great move. You would have to be world class to crack the Liverpool senior side. It's a hulluva gamble for a young lad....

29 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I agree mate. Being a Celtic man I want Doak to sign a contract, butbI have heard he is keen on Liverpool. I wish him well, as I would any young Scottish talent, but as you say, not a great move. You would have to be world class to crack the Liverpool senior side. It's a hulluva gamble for a young lad....

Big european clubs can offer good money to their youth players and i dont really blame them for taking that route. Doak can make himself a few grand a week or more by signing for liverpool. Celtic maybe need to up money they pay to youth players as they seem to be losing them alot these days to bigger clubs. 

16 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Big european clubs can offer good money to their youth players and i dont really blame them for taking that route. Doak can make himself a few grand a week or more by signing for liverpool. Celtic maybe need to up money they pay to youth players as they seem to be losing them alot these days to bigger clubs. 

If our youth players want to make it in football then money should not be the inspiration but first team football experience and building a career should be. Far less chance of the latter two moving straight to Liverpool.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

10 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

If our youth players want to make it in football then money should not be the inspiration but first team football experience and building a career should be. Far less chance of the latter two moving straight to Liverpool.

Yes that might true but liverpool are maybe offering 4k a week plus a signing on fee of 100k. He could save 2k a week for the next 4 years and if hes not good enough for the epl or english championship then come back up the road and get a chance with a spl side at the age of 20. That way hes saved 500k, thats a good chunk of money plus he will be able to play spl or league1/2 in england and earn maybe 1 or 2 k a week in those leagues.

If he stays at celtic on say 1k a week and he ends up not being good enough and moves to the lower leagues in england or an spl team then hes effectively lost out on 500k. Its alot harder to save cash when you are 1k a week.

Personally i would prefer he stays at celtic as i think he will get gametime and improve his chances of being a top footballer but the money that epl clubs can offer youth players is outrageous these days and doak has to think about whats best for him, he could get a career ending injury or he might end up not being good enough for celtic. Its a short career and the possibility of banking 500k at liverpool is too good to turn down imo.

48 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I think he'll be off in the summer. No news about him signing a pro deal and haven't seen him in many Rangers u18 squads recently.

Probably no bad thing either?

I know you’re a rangers man but it’s shocking how little first team experience is given to young talent at Ibrox.

Probably increases Wilson’s chances of first team exposure moving to England. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yes that might true but liverpool are maybe offering 4k a week plus a signing on fee of 100k. He could save 2k a week for the next 4 years and if hes not good enough for the epl or english championship then come back up the road and get a chance with a spl side at the age of 20. That way hes saved 500k, thats a good chunk of money plus he will be able to play spl or league1/2 in england and earn maybe 1 or 2 k a week in those leagues.

If he stays at celtic on say 1k a week and he ends up not being good enough and moves to the lower leagues in england or an spl team then hes effectively lost out on 500k. Its alot harder to save cash when you are 1k a week.

Personally i would prefer he stays at celtic as i think he will get gametime and improve his chances of being a top footballer but the money that epl clubs can offer youth players is outrageous these days and doak has to think about whats best for him, he could get a career ending injury or he might end up not being good enough for celtic. Its a short career and the possibility of banking 500k at liverpool is too good to turn down imo.

Can you find out for me, how these young boys manage to escape paying tax?

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It depends. There’s a fair chance he’d be sent on loan to League 1 and then the Championship. That could work out just as well as staying with Celtic. The same applies to Wilson but in both cases their mental maturity would be important if they were to move at 16.

4 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think both will do well. The pace of Doak is incredible but he seems to have the technique to match it. 

His turn, change of pace and weight of pass for the first goal - superb!

11 hours ago, romanticscot said:

I read at the weekend that Barcelona and Real Madrid are both keen on Tierney. I say go for it lad and test yourself at the very top, reap everything the game has for you.

How good would it be having a player at El Classico? Look at Austria, although they are an average looking team at the moment, having Alaba does give you pause. Same goes for Wales. Take out Bale and there would be nothing to be intimidated by.

KT at Madrid would immediately give us a psychological boost. Robbo and McT already give us a mental edge.

3 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

How good would it be having a player at El Classico? Look at Austria, although they are an average looking team at the moment, having Alaba does give you pause. Same goes for Wales. Take out Bale and there would be nothing to be intimidated by.

KT at Madrid would immediately give us a psychological boost. Robbo and McT already give us a mental edge.

I'd say we already have reason for other fans and teams to pause and think. Robertson is one of the best LB's in the world IMO. He is at the top level, CL winner, EPL winner and in with a serious chance of winning both again this season. Other players play at a very high level like Mctominay, Tierney and MCginn, those three are slightly below Robertson.

Tierney at Real or Barca would be brilliant to see every week. Its looking like we will see him stepping up to the CL next season even if he doesn;t move