European Football 21/22 - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Co-efficient heading downwards this seasonĀ 

This new competition is going to see us tumbling down.

Ā 

The nations around will be getting 3/4 teams a season, while it looks like it'll be the usual Rangers/Celtic in Europe.

Ā 

I think due to being 11th next season, whoever wins the Scottish Cup/finishes 3rd goes into the Europa League playoff (unless UEFA change it again), so we should be guaranteed atleast 3 teams next season

13 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Even if Celtic hold on here you can see them toiling in the EuropaĀ 

how would napoli , West Ham and galatasaryĀ grap you for a group for them

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. We are in a rebuilding stage, no cunt gave us a chance... We are only gonnae get better !!!!

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

We've totally underestimated this lot. Their European experience is much more than us and they've been by far the better side.

Oh well

Ive barely seen any games this season , but my personal thought was that we had a lot of ageing journeymen in the team ( mcginn and hayes have been great club servants ; but feel way past their sell by date now ) then glass added another couple of ageing forwards with questionable pedigree ; watkins back today too - thought he was average too ?

lots of young talent ; and appreciate a lot of key injuries ( i thought hedges being the stand out player )

as i say only a few highlight reels on you tube ; so go easy ā€¦.

1 minute ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Ive barely seen any games this season , but my personal thought was that we had a lot of ageing journeymen in the team ( mcginn and hayes have been great club servants ; but feel way past their sell by date now ) then glass added another couple of ageing forwards with questionable pedigree ; watkins back today too - thought he was average too ?

lots of young talent ; and appreciate a lot of key injuries ( i thought hedges being the stand out player )

as i say only a few highlight reels on you tube ; so go easy ā€¦.

We missed hedges tonight. Some of the passing today was atrocious and I mean atrocious. We didn't even get the basics rightĀ 

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Real pity, I fancied Aberdeen to get through, although that was based on nothing really. Disappointing that they have fucked his up now.Ā 

Beaten by a far superior team, but unfortunately, they didnā€™t have to work for it.Ā 
Ā 

We need a couple of defenders and Joe Lewis needs a seat for the next game.Ā 

That first 45 minutes summed up the last 30 years of Scottish football - they were quick, sharp, skillful & intelligent while we were the opposite in every regard.

Would Qarabag beat Rangers & Celtic with their luxury of non Scottish players? I don't know but it would be interesting to see them face a team totally going for them.

The standard of 3rd/4th/5th in Scotland is shocking!

9 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Can we blame the pittodrie pitch ā€¦?

No but we can blame the QarabagĀ pitch, if it had been playableĀ we would of known how decentĀ they were, really good passing, movement & pressing, we were chasing shadows for most of the game. 1st two goals were pretty awful defending & the central defence has been dodgy since the start of the season.

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Beaten by a far superior team, but unfortunately, they didnā€™t have to work for it.Ā 
Ā 

We need a couple of defenders and Joe Lewis needs a seat for the next game.Ā 

itā€™s a sad day when we areĀ describing a team from Azerbaijan as far superior to one of our own with such European pedigree. Ā If you need to see how far we have fallen as a footballing nation in the last 40 years, last night tells the story. Ā We are nobodys of football.

One minute beating Real Madrid to win a European trophy, the next pumped out at home in the early rounds by a team nobody has heard of.

wtf have all these ā€œthink tanksā€ achievedā€¦. Fuck all.

Ā 

4 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

No but we can blame the QarabagĀ pitch, if it had been playableĀ we would of known how decentĀ they were, really good passing, movement & pressing, we were chasing shadows for most of the game. 1st two goals were pretty awful defending & the central defence has been dodgy since the start of the season.

Would Considine have made a difference? I see that McCrorie was playing centre half though most Rangers fans didn't really rare him there. Shame you went out, depressing that so many Scottish clubs are out already. It would make such a difference to clubs to have a decent run.

50 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

itā€™s a sad day when we areĀ describing a team from Azerbaijan as far superior to one of our own with such European pedigree. Ā If you need to see how far we have fallen as a footballing nation in the last 40 years, last night tells the story. Ā We are nobodys of football.

One minute beating Real Madrid to win a European trophy, the next pumped out at home in the early rounds by a team nobody has heard of.

wtf have all these ā€œthink tanksā€ achievedā€¦. Fuck all.

Ā 

I think Alashkert are supported by oil money. And money talks.