European Football 21/22 - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sets a dangerous precident. The festival was known about months ago. If there was any concerns then normally the club would inform Uefa who would swap the dates.

Its the Police job to control away fans. Ban them from certain areas etc etc. A club cant just decide to not allow them in but still have home fans.

Imagine the uproar on here if Scotland and Wales win the semi final and then the Welsh FA said no away allocation because of a dragon festival and the Police were busy.

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not really sure Rangers can take the moral highground on away allocations and the reasons for not giving teams them. 

I don’t have a problem with the decision not to allow fans for what, on the face of it, seems like a valid reason. It’s the mixed messages and change of direction 3 days after a decision was made and 3 days before the game. I doubt there’s a football fan out there who won’t genuinely think this has been an appalling way to treat fans. Thankfully it’s seems common sense has prevailed. 

58 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Potential opponents for Rangers in the next round.  Some of (pretty much all) the teams we can face in the next round are pretty frightening! 

Are Rangers already through?

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Potential opponents for Rangers in the next round.  Some of (pretty much all) the teams we can face in the next round are pretty frightening! 

Mad that Rangers have only drawn Barca once when you consider how many times Celtic have played them.

On 12/7/2021 at 1:08 PM, Diamond Scot said:

It sets a dangerous precident. The festival was known about months ago. If there was any concerns then normally the club would inform Uefa who would swap the dates.

Its the Police job to control away fans. Ban them from certain areas etc etc. A club cant just decide to not allow them in but still have home fans.

Imagine the uproar on here if Scotland and Wales win the semi final and then the Welsh FA said no away allocation because of a dragon festival and the Police were busy.

Didn’t Rangers ban away fans this season claiming covid made it too difficult to control.

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers could beat them nowadays,, fuck sake,, St Roch's could beat barca nowadays

Never a dull moment. Out again with 9 points which rarely happens 🙈

At what cost though? We have literally no strikers now, running on fumes. I think how much damage we do between now and the break might define our season. 

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Can Celtic draw Leicester in the next round?

That would be the only interesting tie IMO?

I would guess as they've both dropped in from Europa they'll be in the same side of the draw. I think most of the ties Celtic can get are winnable from what I remember.

I thought Celtic were out...???

Which, to be fair, I concluded from Kris Boyd getting it right up them with a "Europe after Christmas isn't for everyone" jibe. Funny, but that will learn me for basing my world view on KB comments. 

Very exciting prospects for Rangers right enough: Atalanta, Barcelona, Dortmund, Leipzig, Porto, Sevilla, Sheriff, Zenit. 

While Celtic's conference opponents have all the glamour of dug shite: Quarabag, Randars, Glimt et al