European Football 21/22 - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive game for Rangers kicking off in an hour or so.  Dortmund probably the biggest team we've played in the last few years.  Expecting a bit of a doing although no Halaand is obviously a bonus!  Quite a strange team Gio has put out and actually seems a bit too attacking although he was a bit limited with who is available and if rumours are to be believed Roofe and Sakala haven't travelled due to not being double vaccinated.  Heart says 1-1, head says 2/3-0.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Massive game for Rangers kicking off in an hour or so.  Dortmund probably the biggest team we've played in the last few years.  Expecting a bit of a doing although no Halaand is obviously a bonus!  Quite a strange team Gio has put out and actually seems a bit too attacking although he was a bit limited with who is available and if rumours are to be believed Roofe and Sakala haven't travelled due to not being double vaccinated.  Heart says 1-1, head says 2/3-0.

Are there still restriction on crowd numbers in Germany? Crowd looks low for Dortmund

Also, why the hell would BT employ that fuck nugget Alex Rae to commentate 🤣

44 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Are there still restriction on crowd numbers in Germany? Crowd looks low for Dortmund

Yeah sure there are. Certainly wasn’t expecting that score at HT. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Sure Paul Lambert was saying last night it's limited to 10,000 because of Covid restrictions.

So false result really 😗 🎶

Edited by Och Aye

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sickening sight. Rangers fans doing The Dambusters pish. 🤮

Shameful.

This is the quandary I have watching the OF in Europe. I kind of want the teams to do well because I think it enhances our game's reputation, but a significant portion of their fanbases are such roasters they qualify as national embarrassments!  

Anyway, from a footballing perspective it's a great result. A pity they couldn't have maintained the three goal advantage, as overturning a two goal advantage should be doable for Dortmund, especially if Haaland is fit.

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

This is the quandary I have watching the OF in Europe. I kind of want the teams to do well because I think it enhances our game's reputation, but a significant portion of their fanbases are such roasters they qualify as national embarrassments!  

Anyway, from a footballing perspective it's a great result. A pity they couldn't have maintained the three goal advantage, as overturning a two goal advantage should be doable for Dortmund, especially if Haaland is fit.

Would dortmund even care about getting knocked out?

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Bodo haven’t played a competitive match since early December. 

Yip and it showed late on. Even so its hard to beat any team when 10 of your starting 11 are having a nightmare. O'Riley is the only one who gets a pass from me tonight. Taylor, Starfelt and Jota were particularly brutal. 🙈

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yip and it showed late on. Even so its hard to beat any team when 10 of your starting 11 are having a nightmare. O'Riley is the only one who gets a pass from me tonight. Taylor, Starfelt and Jota were particularly brutal. 🙈

I don’t think either of the return legs are done an dusted. Lots to play for. 

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I don’t think either of the return legs are done an dusted. Lots to play for. 

I tend to agree. If Haaland is back next week it could be tasty. We can still make a game of it but playing on plastic isn't really our thing so on balance I'd reckon we're oot!