Scotland vs Czech Republic match thread🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Czech Republic match thread🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿.

Big Ramy 1314

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

He’s a centre half. He has no right to shoot from 40 yards with 15 players in front of him. He has let everyone down with selfishness. Play the ball oit right and keep an attack going. 

Totally agree.  One time in ten if he’s lucky he’ll score by doing that, one time in three he’ll give a goal away.  His job is to defend first and foremost. 

If you look at the Dutch game, he’s got no right at all to be where he is when he hits it as he’s leaving acres of space behind him. 

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t think we’ve been terrible but we’ve not got that extra quality needed to win these close games

top quote of the day mate, not a high barrier since about 2.40 admittedly.

Seen the stats? 57% possession, (18-9 shots on target for us. ) They just did much more with the ball.

What to give for a striker like Schick

50 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Sometimes not sure what match you are watching. ALL the best moves have come via Armstrong and Robertson.

https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/16436-scotland-vs-czech-republic-match-thread%F0%9F%8F%B4%F3%A0%81%A7%F3%A0%81%A2%F3%A0%81%B3%F3%A0%81

https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/16436-scotland-vs-czech-republic-match-thread%F0%9F%8F%B4%F3%A0%81%A7%F3%A0%81%A2%F3%A0%81%B3%F3%A0%81

Three people said exactly the same thing as me. Steve Clarke brought Stuart Armstrong off.

Why just single me out?

If you don't explain yourself, you're a shitbag 

6 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Gilmour will start the Croatia game I reckon. Will be too late by then.

That's almost certain. Clarke will only make that change only when every other option has been considered. That is probably why he was always better as a no2 in EPL. He hasn't got what it takes at top level. And we're out... 

Edited by gkm_vancouver

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

There's a reason you don't see goals like that and it's because keepers don't let it happen, any half decent player can lob a keeper if he is far enough out of position.

Exactly. 

The goal is so obviously his fault 

Got it all to do now, must get something from England game. Hope Tierney is back and Gilmore gets a game 

Cannot defend SOD anymore, he must be dropped. 

Probably won't get near as many chances against England so must take what comes our way. 

If we're persisting with three at the back we're not good enough to go two up top and need another body in midfield.   The gap front to back was massive and in possession our midfield were all over the shop where we ended up punting it and out of possession were chasing shadows.  Their full backs made it 2 v 1's over and over again but we had no answer.  

Can't believe I allowed myself to hope we wouldn't be pish this time - worst team in the tournament so far even with home advantage.  

3 minutes ago, gkm_vancouver said:

That's almost certain. Clarke will only make that change only when every other option has been considered. That is probably why he was always better as a no2 in EPL. He hasn't got what it takes at top level. And we're out... 

He made some errors today but overall he's been good last 18 months.

Can't get over how woeful McTominay was. Guy plays for one of top level teams in world football yet seemingly couldn't handle the pressure when he should've been a leader out there. I know he had to sit on Soucek a bit but game completely passed him by.

McGinn tried hard and got around the pitch, should be used as number 10 given his goalscoring record.

Robertson was actually good, probably one of his best games in Scotland jersey tbh so could hold his head high.

Tierney massive miss.

Subs did well so a few will be starting on Friday you suspect.

Ultimately to me the key moments were....0-0 and Robertson should've scored but Vaclik save.

0-1 down and Vaclik makes unbelievable backward reflex save to stop OG. Two minutes later Schik scores from halfway line.

2-0 down and Dykes simply has to score. Was still 25 minutes left at that point so crowd would've got up from that.

If Schik hadn't scored that then Czech keeper would be getting MOTM so been many worse home performances than this down the years. Just hurts it's happened in major tournament.

Just now, robbo cop said:

Got it all to do now, must get something from England game. Hope Tierney is back and Gilmore gets a game 

Cannot defend SOD anymore, he must be dropped. 

Probably won't get near as many chances against England so must take what comes our way. 

I doubt Gilmour starts on Friday. It will probably be McGregor in for Armstrong. It should be Gilmour but I think Clarke will go with a trusted lieutenant.

I can see O'Donnell starting against England. Forrest and Fraser aren't good defensively and Clarke will probably think Patterson is too inexperienced for the game.

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

28 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Don't be silly! That ricochet could have gone anywhere. 

What happened after you cant legislate for.

Don't take chances as a defender if you don't know you've got the back up. I learnt that at primary school football. Total naivety from someone that should know better. 

1 minute ago, bigfingers said:

I would take a 3 nil defeat against England. Try win the next one. The England game could be a cricket score. 

Will be same as 96 though...eliminated on goal difference even if win v Croatia.

Northern Ireland had 0 GD when they got through with 3 points in 2016 so that gives you scale of the task.

7 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

The fact the Czech's are very average and we've mostly outplayed them makes this worse.

The right starting 11 and making the right changes at the correct time and we might have done it.

Mostly outplayed them ?

Can I have some of what your taking