Slovakia v Scotland - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovakia v Scotland

Burj_Alba

2 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

is it? way better? This gets trotted out quite often when Scotland play but in terms of ball control, vision, one touch passing and skills, there is little between the teams as far as I can see. 

5 chances to 1 chance

We should be coasting to victory by now

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

Maybe this is a reality check. Ppl are getting carried away with us qualifying. We are very much a limited side who will need to beat the Czechs if we are to stand a chance of getting out of the group. 

We beat them twice

Just now, weekevie04 said:

We have been really good so far, the better side and one of our better performances under Clarke considering all the changes.

McBurnie  - just don't see it. He gets in to good positions , but its like his brain is too slow to figure out what he's meant to do and far too often after a brilliant build up, the play just breaks down when it goes to him.

Christie is good, but far too often his crosses/free kicks hit the wall. He's playing well though and making some clever runs and passes.

Tierney is a class act. So confident and clever on and off the ball. Although not keen on the diving.

Palmer, sorry I just don't see it. Constantly over hitting crosses, passes and out of position once or twice. A good back up to have, but I think Stephen O'Donnell has pushed on of late and should be the natural right back.

Very unfortunate to be behind.

agree on McBurnie (most people do) and Palmer. Palmer has had two decent chances to score and seemingly lacks confidence and/or conviction. He seems to shrug off missing good chances as if conceding to everyone there was no way he is likely to score. the difference between the left and right flank is quite stark. Am not suggesting I expect him to be on a par with Tierney but would like to see more conviction and thrust in getting forward and at least hitting decent crosses (can forget about shots). 

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Maybe this is a reality check. Ppl are getting carried away with us qualifying. We are very much a limited side who will need to beat the Czechs if we are to stand a chance of getting out of the group. 

What game hae you been watching? This is basically a B side, and we're doing very well.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

We just made 8 changes and we already beat the Czechs twice. 

Just now, DAVIDB46 said:

2 goals in 31 for club and country doesn’t make the best of reading.

think even sheffield united have decided it’s pretty much not going to ever happen.

He will be at a Barnsley or Rotherham next season

I'm willing him to score but he absolutely has to do better than this

3 really good chances

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Don't think Armstrong or McLean are having the best of games.

Tierney is playing really well. McGinn is doing what he always does.

McBurnie probably has 15-20 minutes of the second half remaining to save his international career.

Griffiths must play.

Not wanting to sound like chripper but I pointed this out before the match. It was clear as anything on Thursday he is utter mince. We went from dominating a decent side to being useless once he came on. How he has reached this level is beyond my understanding. 

12 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Really, didn't hear it mentioned about McGinn

He got booked v Israel but that was the play off. Dykes got two yellows in nations league last month but was o.k for Serbia so guess it's yellows specific to competition so looks like McGinn will be o.k unless he gets sent off.

There is absolutely no question that McBurnie just doesn’t appear to have it, but some of the abuse he takes on here is fucking ridiculous. 
Way over the top at a time when there should only be positive vibes.

Some folk need to have a look at themselves.