Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 114 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

36 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He's one of the guaranteed starters. Mctominay,mcginn and Gilmour is a great midfield although I am concerned it may be mcgregor instead of Gilmour

I'm wondering if he'll play all 4 with McGinn being off Adams or  Dykes with Fraser coming off the bench.  Hell of a midfield three that though and, on paper at least, looks like it would be hugely complementary.  

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He's one of the guaranteed starters. Mctominay,mcginn and Gilmour is a great midfield although I am concerned it may be mcgregor instead of Gilmour

Sadly I think it's pretty much a stick on Gilmour won't start.

I can see McGinn dropping deeper rather than McGregor playing. 

I hope we don't drop McGInn into CM. He is so much more effective and we look a far better team when McGinn plays CAM.

27 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Sadly I think it's pretty much a stick on Gilmour won't start.

I can see McGinn dropping deeper rather than McGregor playing. 

I hope we don't drop McGInn into CM. He is so much more effective and we look a far better team when McGinn plays CAM.

We won't score if we drop mcginn further back

Wyscout data and comparison of Stephen Kelly to Steven Davis. Deep lying playmaker, who has a great passing range and good vision. A very similar playstyle to the player Davis' has become.

Rangers are in dire need of a back up to Davis and finding that kind of midfielder is hard and expensive. Rangers could have a good backup with potential sitting at the club.

He's obviously a bit away atm but a good preseason, could see him join the Rangers first team.

Guest ElChris04

St Johnstone where superb today, Jason Kerr at CB in the back 3 and Sean Rooney at RWB the standouts again. Well deserved double and what an achievement at that for Davidson in his first season as a coach?!

feel for Nisbet though, he got little to zero support, the players around him where absolutely dreadful with the route one hoofball Ross had them playing, for all the hype he gets as a coach the football on display is brutal. 

Edited by ElChris04

58 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Nisbet anonymous 

Hibs as a team were really really poor.Nisbet was invisible.Suppose the service to him was non existant.The thing that worries me is Scotland forwards don't exactly get chance after chance laid in front of them.Iknow there are many arguements to be made on this topic,but still think Griffiths would be more likely to create something out of nothing.Still,i wish the boy well if he gets a game.Don't know if that game today was the best game to judge him on.Hibs really were frightingly awful.I have no axe to grind with hibs,but it's just an honest opinion on their performance today.

42 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

St Johnstone where superb today, Jason Kerr at CB in the back 3 and Sean Rooney at RWB the standouts again. Well deserved double and what an achievement at that for Davidson in his first season as a coach?!

feel for Nisbet though, he got little to zero support, the players around him where absolutely dreadful with the route one hoofball Ross had them playing, for all the hype he gets as a coach the football on display is brutal. 

I thought it was poor.St.Johnstone were ok,but they were hardly tested by a hideously poor Hibs team on the day.They offered nothing going forward.Nearly everyone of their players put in a poor performance.

19 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Goal for Ross Stewart for Sunderland in play-off today. One to keep an eye on next season.

Watching this, having a good game even apart from the goal. Coming short and trying to link play to build attacks.

The quality is pretty poor though.

Conor McGandles also playing, won a penalty but pretty anonymous otherwise.

44 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Good luck to all our players playing in the EPL today, win , lose or draw but FFS don't get injured. 

Agreed.

McTominay on the bench so his injury must have cleared up. Must be being saved for the final next week.