Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 113 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

31 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

You mean the squad or the first 11? Take it you mean the squad. Don’t think Clarke would have left him out anyway, but there’s surely no chance of that now we’re short of Jack and McLean. Anyway, we might need to rely on squad players if we pick up injuries or suspensions going into the later stages of the tournament.....👍😉

The squad I mean. Yes you’re right. He’s been one of the only reasonable performers in Sheffield Uniteds awful season also. 

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He's been part of a defense that has let in 7 goals in the time he has been involved during the last two games. That is a lot of goals for a team playing a back three.

Not convinced at all that he is very good, might just be a case of one good season for an over performing side.

His games against Austria and Israel were hardly great.

Yeah. I was thinking that, too. In his previous three matches Oostende have shipped 8 goals whilst he's been on the field. In fairness, though, he only completed 90 minutes in one of those matches. In two he came off, once injuried.

I've seen him a few times for Oostende. He has improved. He's definitely better in the middle of a back three. Why that is? Probably because his positioning isn't the greatest.

15 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah. I was thinking that, too. In his previous three matches Oostende have shipped 8 goals whilst he's been on the field. In fairness, though, he only completed 90 minutes in one of those matches. In two he came off, once injuried.

I've seen him a few times for Oostende. He has improved. He's definitely better in the middle of a back three. Why that is? Probably because his positioning isn't the greatest.

I keep saying it, but middle of a back three appears to be a very easy position to play.

Armstrong and Adams start for Southampton. Both started well with Armstrong created the first chance and for Adams, the keeper saved Adams header  

One a side note I don't watch much EPL but watching tonight, what a difference it makes having crowd in the stadium 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Armstrong and Adams start for Southampton. Both started well with Armstrong created the first chance and for Adams, the keeper saved Adams header  

One a side note I don't watch much EPL but watching tonight, what a difference it makes having crowd in the stadium 

Adams off at half time . Liam cooper motm 

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

MoM for Liam Cooper according to who scored, 5 successful tackles and 8 interceptions, don't think I've ever seen 8 interceptions before. Good to see him back.

Hopefully he makes it. You'd suspect he would but atleast one CB probably has to drop out between Hanley, Hendry, Cooper, McKenna, Gallagher and Considine. If you include Tierney (who will definitely play CB) and McTominay (who will probably play CB) that would be 8 players for 3 positions. It's a bit excessive and takes away from other positions.

I think Considine will probably be the one who misses out on the final squad.

5 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Hopefully he makes it. You'd suspect he would but atleast one CB probably has to drop out between Hanley, Hendry, Cooper, McKenna, Gallagher and Considine. If you include Tierney (who will definitely play CB) and McTominay (who will probably play CB) that would be 8 players for 3 positions. It's a bit excessive and takes away from other positions.

I think Considine will probably be the one who misses out on the final squad.

I agree re considine missing out, I'll be dissappointed for him but the best have to go

IMO we should start with Cooper, hendry and any of the others in the back 3.

12 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Cooper playing left hand side of a back three for Leeds tonight and playing very well according to my favorite stats site.

Surely Cooper has to be picked? He's playing at a Higher level thas  any of our CBs and playing well too.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Surely Cooper has to be picked? He's playing at a Higher level thas  any of our CBs and playing well too.

Cooper will be in unless he has asked not to be picked as he’s just back from injury. He has form for doing this if I remember correctly but surely he wouldn’t want to miss playing in a tournament? 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

john mcginn is getting rave reviews in his last few games for villa. gotta be starting in the attacking midfield role for us in the euros.

He's one of the guaranteed starters. Mctominay,mcginn and Gilmour is a great midfield although I am concerned it may be mcgregor instead of Gilmour