Coronavirus - Page 269 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

17 hours ago, Lamia said:

Oh I know that. But according to the rollout plan figures there are 3375000 in the top 9 categories we have done 1743869 so have 1631131 to do plus second doses. It’s hard to tell because of the split between 1st and 2nd doses but it looks like England hasn’t slowed as much as the rest of us. Wales has ramped up second doses more than us so we have caught them up on 1st doses. NI are all over the place 

If that number is correct then that would mean that there will only be about another million adults to be done after the top 9 categories. Doesn't sound right to me.

19 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Gerrard:

After goals from Ryan Kent, Alfredo Morelos and Ianis Hagi extended Rangers' 100% home record in an unbeaten league campaign, Gerrard's players ran to the gates in a corner of the stadium to celebrate with supporters who remained outside.

"I've got to get my words right here - we are still involved in a pandemic," Gerrard added. "It's important fans try to stay humble and safe.

"That's the priority - people's safety. But at the same time, if you've got anything inside you or any part of your heart can understand what the fans have been through, you can totally understand what's gone on outside this stadium."

So, after actually saying that he needed to get his words right, he still managed to spout that pile of contradictory shit. Maybe he should have something in his heart for the folk that could be affected by the actions of these morons that he and his players have actively encouraged.  

I didnt actually mind Gerrard but he has gone right down in my estimation. 

Aye! He can hardly say that he 'didn't see it' with his head stuck out the dressing room window egging them on 😂

16 minutes ago, Redz said:

Aye! He can hardly say that he 'didn't see it' with his head stuck out the dressing room window egging them on 😂

I think any football supporter can understand how their fans must feel, but to use that as an excuse is pathetic. Scotland waited 22 years to qualify for a major tournament, I think everyone of us would have loved the opportunity to meet up and celebrate last year .
Those fans just dont give a shit. I have to be clear here and say in no way am I grouping all Rangers supporters in this category, I imagine the vast majority of Rangers fans are acting responsibly despite the excitement . 

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I think any football supporter can understand how their fans must feel, but to use that as an excuse is pathetic. Scotland waited 22 years to qualify for a major tournament, I think everyone of us would have loved the opportunity to meet up and celebrate last year .
Those fans just dont give a shit. I have to be clear here and say in no way am I grouping all Rangers supporters in this category, I imagine the vast majority of Rangers fans are acting responsibly despite the excitement . 

Exactly this. I totally understand the emotion and especially built up over a period of time and having hit such a low. The comparison with Scotland is valid. After 22 years did anyone have temptation to go to Hampden or George Square when we qualified?? Evidently not. 

I know that’s not a direct like for like comparison but it does just sadden me to see what’s happening at Ibrox. I saw a tweet earlier with a guy’s photo of his wee girl saying ‘taking her down soon. Others may judge but I can’t miss this after 10 years’. It’s just selfish. The kids going back to school tomorrow after a shit load of work from teachers, schools and councils and here’s a prime example of the public not doing their bit. You can bet the same folk have been outraged at schools being closed. 

It’s just pure shit unfortunately. 

This could turn into a real problem. The gov have always said they will respond to the numbers with regards to tiers.

Ive no doubt that cases will go up or at least not go down in Glasgow and surrounding areas in the next few weeks. That will keep businesses closed but after these scenes I cant see the general public sticking to the rules as much which in turn keeps the numbers higher and then in turn keeps businesses closed.

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

This could turn into a real problem. The gov have always said they will respond to the numbers with regards to tiers.

Ive no doubt that cases will go up or at least not go down in Glasgow and surrounding areas in the next few weeks. That will keep businesses closed but after these scenes I cant see the general public sticking to the rules as much which in turn keeps the numbers higher and then in turn keeps businesses closed.

You never know, we might get lucky and not see any measurable spike due these idiots. So much of it is just down to chance. There is a chance that none of those folk out and about on the streets were infectious at the time. Then again if there was just one infectious person they could have infected a couple of hundred others? Time will tell I suppose.

I'm more concerned about the celebrations that we didn't see on TV. The ones that will have been happening in peoples houses all over the country. Will this happen all over again after the Old Firm game?

They should just cancel the league now. The title has been won. The rest of the stuff being played for is relatively insignificant.

If Swinneys statements today are the sum total of the response I can see this having lasting consequences. I've already heard people who have no interest in the football say they'll do what they want from now on as regard to restrictions. As more people get vaccinated I can only see that attitude prevailing even more. 

49 minutes ago, slasher said:

If Swinneys statements today are the sum total of the response I can see this having lasting consequences. I've already heard people who have no interest in the football say they'll do what they want from now on as regard to restrictions. As more people get vaccinated I can only see that attitude prevailing even more. 

And quite rightly so. 

Once a crime isnt police'd then it becomes an option rather than a law.

Why should 90% of public obey the rules when the 10% can directly affect the numbers so that lockdown isnt eased. 

Im much more likely to catch the virus im next 2 weeks through no fault of my own. I could accept it if Police could only fine a small percentage due to manpower cause at least then a message would be getting sent. Instead the message was loud and clear. If the group is big enough the police wont do anything.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I'm more concerned about the celebrations that we didn't see on TV. The ones that will have been happening in peoples houses all over the country. Will this happen all over again after the Old Firm game?

My barely layman assessment is the same, folk outside partying while far from ideal isn't as likely to increase infections as much as all the indoor parties that would be happening.

If a significant amount of folk were daft enough to go outside and party it sort of indicates more folk who are still daft but no that daft inside celebrating.

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Buddies in the top 6 !

Orraloon for FM ! 🏆

They should certainly cancel the two old firm games. Those two games are meaningless now. They are the two teams which have caused most bother and those two games will more than likely result in similar chaos to what happened this weekend. It would also send a strong message. 

The SFA, SPFL and the SG don't have the balls to do it though. When I am President of Scotland they will get sorted oot pretty smartish.

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

They should certainly cancel the two old firm games. Those two games are meaningless now. They are the two teams which have caused most bother and those two games will more than likely result in similar chaos to what happened this weekend. It would also send a strong message. 

The SFA, SPFL and the SG don't have the balls to do it though. When I am President of Scotland they will get sorted oot pretty smartish.

Can you add M&S to that list ??? 

Seriously though, you are right, the fans of both teams have created situations that have put public health at risk , neither club  could complain . 

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Anyone doing that is a bit stupid because all that will mean is that nothing will ever open up and family members will get ill and die. You shouldn't be abiding by the rules because it is against that law not to. This won't stick two finger up to anyone except innocent people who may get sick and lose their lives.

This pandemic has really shone a light on the intelligence of the average person not to mention the selfishness to the extent that people don't care if they risk people's health, lives and livelihoods. 

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

Anyone doing that is a bit stupid because all that will mean is that nothing will ever open up and family members will get ill and die. You shouldn't be abiding by the rules because it is against that law not to. This won't stick two finger up to anyone except innocent people who may get sick and lose their lives.

This pandemic has really shone a light on the intelligence of the average person not to mention the selfishness to the extent that people don't care if they risk people's health, lives and livelihoods. 

The pandemic has undoubtedly brought out the best of people and the worst.

16 hours ago, Lamia said:

I'm merely pointing out the obvious consequence of failing to deal with mass law breaking which is that civil disobedience will continue to rise. 

18 hours ago, Lamia said:

The thing is that everybody has a breaking point. If everybody followed the rules 100% then the lockdowns would have been shorter and less frequent. 

If a person believes the vast majority arr following the rules then it makes it easier for them to do the same. 

Its alot harding making sacrifices when you see blantant breaches on a large scale on a daily basis. Eventually a person will just think "im not doing this anymore" if everybody else is seeing there family and friends then so am I. Especially when there is a tipping point where a low number of ppl following the rules makea zero difference to the spread of the virus.

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

The thing is that everybody has a breaking point. If everybody followed the rules 100% then the lockdowns would have been shorter and less frequent. 

If a person believes the vast majority arr following the rules then it makes it easier for them to do the same. 

Its alot harding making sacrifices when you see blantant breaches on a large scale on a daily basis. Eventually a person will just think "im not doing this anymore" if everybody else is seeing there family and friends then so am I. Especially when there is a tipping point where a low number of ppl following the rules makea zero difference to the spread of the virus.

Just goes to prove how stupid people are.