Coronavirus - Page 268 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

So when are we ramping up. We are being told of supply issues again next week yet we don't seem to have come back from the supply issue a week or so ago. Yes there are second doses also happening but these are at a low level too.

I just can't see how they are still saying mid April is achievable for the top 9 priority groups.

Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 14.12.49.png

1 hour ago, phart said:

If they're going as fast as the logisitics allow, I can't have a problem with that.

They may or may not be but that wasn’t really my point. My point was the target of mid April.

2 minutes ago, Lamia said:

They may or may not be but that wasn’t really my point. My point was the target of mid April.

They are probably a wee bit ahead of target at the moment. About 40% of 60-64s have already been done, and about 30% of 50-59s. Mid April is another 5 weeks away. They must be expecting big deliveries the week after next, as Boris seems very confident they will do it as well. But expecting big deliveries and actually getting them are two different things. To be fair to them, most of these announcements are combined with a "If vaccine supply allows" get out statement attached, but that bit often seems to get ignored. 

They can only use the doses they have got. 

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

They are probably a wee bit ahead of target at the moment. About 40% of 60-64s have already been done, and about 30% of 50-59s. Mid April is another 5 weeks away. They must be expecting big deliveries the week after next, as Boris seems very confident they will do it as well. But expecting big deliveries and actually getting them are two different things. To be fair to them, most of these announcements are combined with a "If vaccine supply allows" get out statement attached, but that bit often seems to get ignored. 

They can only use the doses they have got. 

Oh I know that. But according to the rollout plan figures there are 3375000 in the top 9 categories we have done 1743869 so have 1631131 to do plus second doses. It’s hard to tell because of the split between 1st and 2nd doses but it looks like England hasn’t slowed as much as the rest of us. Wales has ramped up second doses more than us so we have caught them up on 1st doses. NI are all over the place 

28 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Yeah but the target is irrelevant if everything is maxxed out. As Niels bohr said "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future."

9 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Oh I know that. But according to the rollout plan figures there are 3375000 in the top 9 categories we have done 1743869 so have 1631131 to do plus second doses. It’s hard to tell because of the split between 1st and 2nd doses but it looks like England hasn’t slowed as much as the rest of us. Wales has ramped up second doses more than us so we have caught them up on 1st doses. NI are all over the place 

I'm not sure who you are trying to have a go at here, but IMO the whole vaccine program has been a fantastic success story, so far. Everybody involved is trying to get as many folk as possible vaccinated as quickly as possible. They are all doing a fantastic job.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Yeah but the target is irrelevant if everything is maxxed out. As Niels bohr said "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future."

You are missing my point. I am querying why they are saying they are going to reach this target.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I'm not sure who you are trying to have a go at here, but IMO the whole vaccine program has been a fantastic success story, so far. Everybody involved is trying to get as many folk as possible vaccinated as quickly as possible. They are all doing a fantastic job.

I am not having a go I am questioning the supplies verses the target.

England has moved onto the over 55s. They appear to move on a lot quicker which I am not sure is sensible. I think focussing on maximum uptake in the groups as you go down the categories which is what appears to be happening in Scotland is a much b better approach however it leads to people thinking England is way ahead and doing significantly better. I had a go at the start because I still do think we could have progressed with the over 80s in the community quicker but apart from that criticism I think Scotland has rightly been a lot more methodical 

Edited by Lamia

Just now, Orraloon said:

Uptake is higher in Scotland which makes it slower to get down the age groups.

Agreed. Which is another reason I am not sure we will hit that target.

England isn't publishing the data in anywhere near the same detail. It makes it much easier to fudge targets.

14 minutes ago, Lamia said:

I am not having a go I am questioning the supplies verses the target.

Meeting the target is contingent on having enough supplies. This in mentioned over and over again in briefings but folk just seem to want to blank that bit out.

I didn't want them to set targets in the first place. Nothing to be gained and lots to lose.

2 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Agreed. Which is another reason I am not sure we will hit that target.

England isn't publishing the data in anywhere near the same detail. It makes it much easier to fudge targets.

Aye, Scotland is reporting % vaccinated. England seem to be reporting % offered the vaccine. As you say, big difference.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I didn't want them to set targets in the first place. Nothing to be gained and lots to lose.

I think that is really the point I am making. I am totally aware that it is supply dependent it is the fact that they said supplies would be less for a period and the period they said they would be less has now ended and they are now saying next week may also have issues is the reason I am questioning it. There needs to be some dramatic increases very soon to reach the target and that  may well happen but there seems to be quite a degree of uncertainly 

6 minutes ago, phart said:

Fair enough we'll see how it works out! Let's hope they break it.

Agreed! I really want mine so I feel happier visiting my folks but the way things are going I will get my vaccine before I am allowed anyway despite the new Care Home visiting guidance! For some reason this government continues to think private business owners are going to follow their guidance without there being a legal requirement when they never have up to now. 🙄

1 hour ago, phart said:

Pretty rough night, let's just say i had a good immune response.

👍 Good to hear. All the effort you have made with your fitness training and changes to diet will definitely have helped . 

10 minutes ago, Redz said:

It would appear they were being 'encouraged' a wee bit too ?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/56306244

Gerrard:

After goals from Ryan Kent, Alfredo Morelos and Ianis Hagi extended Rangers' 100% home record in an unbeaten league campaign, Gerrard's players ran to the gates in a corner of the stadium to celebrate with supporters who remained outside.

"I've got to get my words right here - we are still involved in a pandemic," Gerrard added. "It's important fans try to stay humble and safe.

"That's the priority - people's safety. But at the same time, if you've got anything inside you or any part of your heart can understand what the fans have been through, you can totally understand what's gone on outside this stadium."

So, after actually saying that he needed to get his words right, he still managed to spout that pile of contradictory shit. Maybe he should have something in his heart for the folk that could be affected by the actions of these morons that he and his players have actively encouraged.  

I didnt actually mind Gerrard but he has gone right down in my estimation.