Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 35 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Oli Burke can’t get off the bench for Alaves. What a bizarre career he’s had so far. 

It's incredible isn't it! Just going through it doesn't make any sense. Scotland's biggest transfer fee (twice), played in 3 of the biggest leagues in the world and spent nearly all of it on the bench.

Nearly all those who've managed him seem convinced that he'll come good.

Seems to guys who get a lot of TA abuse may not be as bad for our team as we think:

Levein - Looks like he may be trying to turn the highly-rated 17 year old left-back Hickey into a right back. Cheers Craig! 

Gerrard - Turns out he was the one that recommended Feyenoord buy George Johnston. Might be doing his bit for young Scottish talent after all? Just not at Rangers hahaha. 

16 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Oli Burke can’t get off the bench for Alaves. What a bizarre career he’s had so far. 

Alaves hardly had a shot v Bilbao so I reckon he might get a start in their next game which is midweek.

Will try catching it but they're a pretty boring team to watch so tend to avoid their matches.

7 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Gerrard - Turns out he was the one that recommended Feyenoord buy George Johnston. Might be doing his bit for young Scottish talent after all? Just not at Rangers hahaha. 

I'm really not sure why Feyenood would be going to Gerrard for advice on buying players - particularly a player he could have signed himself as a similar strength team. 

1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

KT starting his first game for Arsenal tonight. 

Meanwhile, Armstrong can't even get a start in the League Cup. He should be looking to move in January I think. 

I'd be surprised if Southampton dont have a strong side out tonight considering their opponents 

9 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

Tierney has looked very good tonight, particularly going forward. A number of good crosses.

Yes he has.

Just been subbed after 75 minutes. He'd signalled to the bench a few minutes before that he was gubbed. Hardly surprising given it was his first top team start in over four months.

58 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

No Henderson for Verona again tonight . Guess that's the last of the great hopes we had at this time in Europe last season gone.

Roll on the next false dawns

To be honest I never rated Henderson that highly. Talented player don’t get me wrong, but doesn’t work hard enough going back the way. Can’t get away with that at that level. Very much like Scott Allan.