English football - do you watch it reguarly? - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English football - do you watch it reguarly?

46 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Folk arguing about which foreign team that spends £100m's on transfers & wages annually is best and which is worse? :lol: 

Strange how folk don't have a pop at Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barca, Liverpool, etc for spending fortunes. It's just Man City and PSG that are bad?

I just mentioned Man City as they were brought up, but they’re all the same. Barcelona seem to think they’re doing people a favour by giving unicef €1,000,000 a yearto wear their logo, granted it’s probably more than most others do, but they raked in €222,000,000 for a fucking football player. It’s hardly donation of the century. 

The best thing they can all do is organise a Euro super league that isnt recognised by Uefa and the players are black balled from real football, then they can do whatever the fuck they like. 

Edited by dandydunn

On 5/8/2019 at 3:59 PM, Parklife said:

Folk arguing about which foreign team that spends £100m's on transfers & wages annually is best and which is worse? :lol: 

Strange how folk don't have a pop at Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barca, Liverpool, etc for spending fortunes. It's just Man City and PSG that are bad?

Did you not used to wank over Arsenal or am I getting you mixed up?

5 hours ago, dan cake said:

Cracking game at Villa park today, full house old school proper derby with both sets of fans in full voice, hopefully more to follow when Frank Lampard’s derby take on Leeds tonight

I noticed all the teams involved in the Championship play-offs are former English league champions, plus Sunderland and Portsmouth in League 1.

6 hours ago, Farcity said:

Did you not used to wank over Arsenal or am I getting you mixed up?

I done much dafter things than that at 18. 

Spend a lot of time wi English fans Sunderland, Newcastle,Man City, all brilliantly passionate for their team, real fans, i also have family who  are West Ham so I've went to shout the Hammers on a few times (sorry Parklife). 

But this Salford promotion is just fuckin ugly. Horrible team who we wont hear the end of.

Edited by Och Aye

1 minute ago, Och Aye said:

But this Salford promotion is just fuckin ugly. Horrible team who we wont hear the end of.

I predict that Giggs, Scholes, Butt and the Neville bros will get bored with Salford in a few years and drop them but what that will mean for the team financially is another matter.

Kind of related but I noticed that FC United of Manchester are sinking like a stone and running out of money.

8 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Well, you called that one right mate.

It could and should have been 8. I bet cove 1st, 2nd half and full time and by 3 or more. Printing money that. Yesterday was an absolute embarrassment. Good luck to them, soulless stadium in middle of an industrial park but their fans were top notch. Pies great but at £2.50 they fucking needed to be!😂

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I predict that Giggs, Scholes, Butt and the Neville bros will get bored with Salford in a few years and drop them but what that will mean for the team financially is another matter.

If they ever get a “glamour” tie or good cup run no doubt Beckham will turn up make a pouty face and steal their publicity 

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Fingers crossed 😀

22 hours ago, dan cake said:

Cracking game at Villa park today, full house old school proper derby with both sets of fans in full voice, hopefully more to follow when Frank Lampard’s derby take on Leeds tonight

Full house but not a great game. Leeds have some stamina and press all over the park, Derby just sat back and panicked. 

It looked like a side that finished 3rd v 6th. 

The way Leeds setup play straight into Derby's weaknesses. 

Looks like Shinnie will be playing championship football next year. 

There was also a lot of trouble before, during and after the game. Some boys just cant handle their beer and a 5:15pm kick off. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I've got no dog in this fight but I do think a Brighton win followed by a wolves win would be funny, just to see the scousers faces

Brighton win, and a last minute Wolves equalising goal would be tremendous entertainment. Preferably own goal, or offside etc.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Brighton win, and a last minute Wolves equalising goal would be tremendous entertainment. Preferably own goal, or offside etc.

A goal for wolves which VAR would have ruled out would be beautiful. 

I dont support an English team but living down here it's in your face. The scousers have always got one hell of a sense of entitlement matched only by Celtic or rangers.

Hopefully the above happens and then spurs beat them in the CL

City deserved champions and credit to Liverpool for putting up such a fight. Incredible to think that 97 points isn’t enough to win the title. Both sides miles ahead of the rest of the league and they’ve served up an incredibly exciting run-in.  Pundits are drooling over all of this with many pointing out this is what makes the EPL the best in the world.

But......

When it happens in Scotland (and it has happened several times in the last 15 years or so) then EXACTLY the same scenario, EXACTLY the same exciting finish has been used to demean Scottish football and as proof it’s a Mickey Mouse league.

The salivating and virtual wanking over the title race in England has gone into overdrive.  Whereas when it happens up here it’s proof our league is shite.

Which is it to be? It can’t be both.

16 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Spend a lot of time wi English fans Sunderland, Newcastle,Man City, all brilliantly passionate for their team, real fans, i also have family who  are West Ham so I've went to shout the Hammers on a few times (sorry Parklife). 

I've seen every team in that division this season and Salford were the best team for me, I thought they were way better than Orient.

22 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

City deserved champions and credit to Liverpool for putting up such a fight. Incredible to think that 97 points isn’t enough to win the title. Both sides miles ahead of the rest of the league and they’ve served up an incredibly exciting run-in.  Pundits are drooling over all of this with many pointing out this is what makes the EPL the best in the world.

But......

When it happens in Scotland (and it has happened several times in the last 15 years or so) then EXACTLY the same scenario, EXACTLY the same exciting finish has been used to demean Scottish football and as proof it’s a Mickey Mouse league.

The salivating and virtual wanking over the title race in England has gone into overdrive.  Whereas when it happens up here it’s proof our league is shite.

Which is it to be? It can’t be both.

The supposed chasing pack of Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd and Arsenal have all been different shades of awful this season, that needs to be taken into context.

I heard earlier on the radio someone describing Man City and Liverpool this season as the best two Premiership teams ever.  Aside from being a total "sky invented football" comment, I imagine Arsenal's invincible so might have a word or two to say about it.

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

The supposed chasing pack of Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd and Arsenal have all been different shades of awful this season, that needs to be taken into context.

I heard earlier on the radio someone describing Man City and Liverpool this season as the best two Premiership teams ever.  Aside from being a total "sky invented football" comment, I imagine Arsenal's invincible so might have a word or two to say about it.

Exactly.

The EPL isn’t the best league in the world, it’s the best promoted and marketed league in the world.

The things that supposedly make it brilliant are the exact same things that supposedly make our league Mickey Mouse.

The chasing pack have indeed been poor and the top two just kept on winning until they were 25 points clear of the rest. It came down to just one point between the top two in the end with the title changing hands a couple of times during the day. We could be talking  about our league there more than once, but that lot down south make it out to be some incredible once in a lifetime show of magic.

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

Yeah, in terms of competition they've never had it easier. Spurs, Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea are horrific.

The Arsenal invincible side are miles better than this Liverpool and Man City side. It's all good and well getting lots of points but not to lose a game over a 38 game season is the pinnacle for any club, a real testament to their mental ability