Scottish player transfers - Page 205 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

3 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Just reading that , £6million 

They do like their Scottish left backs. He was completely out of favour with Verona at the end of the season and they avoided relegation by a play off. Thought next season he would have cracked on with Verona but good move for him if it comes off. 

A few guys further up stating their surprise at Ferguson being linked with top teams...I'd never have picked him out as an Accies or an Aberdeen player as someone who would do well in Serie A.

But as a 'well fan, I'm happy enough to admit that I'd never have picked Lambert to win a move to Borussia Dortmund and a European Cup medal.

On 6/29/2023 at 7:40 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Strange that he never got any gametime. I felt he had earned at least a couple of sub appearances. Saying that we cant really argue with clarkes decisions. Its yielded great results so far this campaign.

If fergie becomes a napoli regular then i doubt clarke can justify not playing him at all. 

Some huge ifs there.

Don't think Clarke needs to justify his team selections tbf!

On 6/29/2023 at 9:33 PM, Dave78 said:

Have to admit, i'm in agreement with you on him. Anytime i've seen him he's been decent, but not someone you'd associate with the glamour teams like Napoli.

Watching his highlights reel from this season, he looks like a copy of McGinn with the way he can use his backside to win fouls.

If Napoli want him, it must be for the hardworking all-rounder role.

Good point. He's a right-footed McGinn. Him and McGinn might work well behind Dykes or Adams and increase our goal threat. He can also be box-to-box, deep-lying or number 1O I think.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Some huge ifs there.

I agree that there's no case for criticising any of Clarke's decisions. I did think it was a strange decision to bring on Christie rather than Ferguson for the last few minutes against Georgia though. 

15 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Some huge ifs there.

7 hours ago, Dodger said:

I agree that there's no case for criticising any of Clarke's decisions. I did think it was a strange decision to bring on Christie rather than Ferguson for the last few minutes against Georgia though. 

Lol you do realise that i actually said i cant argue with clarkes decisions or did you not read that part?

Just thought that clarke might give ferguson a few mins off the bench as its rare to have a midfielder playing well in the serie a. 

9 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Torino interested as well, apparently.

We seem to be churning out loads of good full backs. Although i dont see doig getting much scotland chances until robbo retires. His best chance is if hickey stays at right back and tierney stays as a centre back. Then once robbo retires he can try and replace him at left back. 

In terms of full backs we are pretty much sorted for the next 10 or more years.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

We seem to be churning out loads of good full backs. Although i dont see doig getting much scotland chances until robbo retires. His best chance is if hickey stays at right back and tierney stays as a centre back. Then once robbo retires he can try and replace him at left back. 

In terms of full backs we are pretty much sorted for the next 10 or more years.

Unless one or two better players appear, Tierney is nailed on to be playing centre back for the foreseeable.

Both McTominay (probably) and Tierney are on over 100k per week and clubs are talking about fees around 30 million. 

Not a chance of either going to Celtic. Tierney speculation comes from him saying he would like to play for Celtic again and he wont rule anything out however realsitically it will be towards the end of his career on a free transfer. Tierney will go to Newcastle or stay at Arsenal imo.

McTominay one is even more remote. As far as im aware he has no connection to Celtic, played his entire career at top end of EPL. Why would he even be considering moving to Scotland. Talk of him going to Newcastle also although thats went quiet. Everton and West Ham also rumoured however I wouldnt be surprised if he stayed at Utd.