Scottish player transfers - Page 201 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Newcastle are being very smart, they have built a team. With all their cash, can we name any marquee names they brought in yet here they are in the top three. Newcastle deserve every success coming their way. If Tierney and/or McTominay land there it truly would be an excellent career move. 

Not sure they "deserve" it, but I agree they are, so far, being smart about it.

I'm all in for Tierney and McTominay going there though. Definitely worth the risk.

On 5/25/2023 at 8:31 PM, syecosse said:

Another rumour, Azeem Abdullai being watched by Villa and Newcastle. 

He's a bit of a mystery, him. As far as I can tell he's 20 and his only senior appearance to date was against Oxford United in the League Cup when he came on as sub.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

He's a bit of a mystery, him. As far as I can tell he's 20 and his only senior appearance to date was against Oxford United in the League Cup when he came on as sub.

Aye, played for the 21s and was rotten, albeit under Gemmil so we can perhaps give him the benefit of the doubt.

3 hours ago, scotlad said:

A few papers have him linked with them clubs, like you say a mystery player however I have seen him described as the Scottish Bellingham from Birmingham Live so that's his career going down hill then. 

58 minutes ago, syecosse said:

A few papers have him linked with them clubs, like you say a mystery player however I have seen him described as the Scottish Bellingham from Birmingham Live so that's his career going down hill then. 

"Scottish Bellingham" 😂

He might wear the same size boots as Bellingham but that's most probably where the similarity ends. I suspect his agent's up to something.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

"Scottish Bellingham" 😂

He might wear the same size boots as Bellingham but that's most probably where the similarity ends. I suspect his agent's up to something.

He is in the latest u21 squad so Gemmil must have seen some potential in March.

Not sure if that's good or bad though.

13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He is in the latest u21 squad so Gemmil must have seen some potential in March.

Not sure if that's good or bad though.

Aye, a lot of people apparently do, apart from Russell Martin, his manager at mid-table Championship Swansea City, who only played him once last season. 🤔

15 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Watford in talks with Ethan Laidlaw from Hibs according to The Athletic. He's out of contract this summer but they'd have to pay around £250k compensation fee

Another that you'd think if his club (Hibs on this occasion) had shown him any kind of first team pathway he would have perhaps decided to stay. He was exceptional in the Uefa Youth League and his reward was what exactly? The clubs are giving it 'wa wa wa the rich EPL are stealing our players' but he's 18 and one of their best youth prospects and they haven't given him any kind of chance at all. Of course he is going to leave.

50 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Another that you'd think if his club (Hibs on this occasion) had shown him any kind of first team pathway he would have perhaps decided to stay. He was exceptional in the Uefa Youth League and his reward was what exactly? The clubs are giving it 'wa wa wa the rich EPL are stealing our players' but he's 18 and one of their best youth prospects and they haven't given him any kind of chance at all. Of course he is going to leave.

Tbf will he get much of a chance at watford? 

I am guessing watford will be offering him more money and thats one of the main reasons he will end up there. 

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbf will he get much of a chance at watford? 

I am guessing watford will be offering him more money and thats one of the main reasons he will end up there. 

No but that’s the point surely. Watford (or any English team at or above the Championship) can offer better wages, better facilities, better coaches, better youth football level, higher quality team mates, better everything really. The one thing a team like Hibs can offer is first team football and the prestige, career progression and status that goes with it. If they don’t offer that then why bother staying, the offer down south is far more compelling.

Michael Rose released by Coventry. Linked with Aberdeen though he's said he'd like to stay in England. 
Seemed to do consistently ok at Coventry before falling out of favour at the start of this year. Was touted for a callup last season when both him and Hyam were being watched.

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Max Johnston in a pre contract to Torino according to the papers. Be another promising young Scot in Serie A!

Did he not declare for Ireland.🤔

22 hours ago, syecosse said:

Nisbet Hibs have agreed a fee with Millwall, but other clubs in the chase apparently including Galatasary.

Not sure about his contract status but the bid is meant to be lower than the one accepted in January. You would think with his form since coming back from injury that it would at least be the same.

Personally I think he will struggle in the championship but hope im proved wrong.