Scottish player transfers - Page 204 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Lyndon Dykes is staying put at QPR. He has signed a deal to keep him at the club for three years.

Reckon the boy is quite happy with his situation. Which is what we’re all wanting for the squad. He’s one of more than a starting eleven I so wish well. His goal against Norway was delicious and his type of effort.

12 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Tino Livramento moving from Southampton to Newcastle. He’s one who is part Scottish and may get a call up at some point.

His move will mean Harrison Ashby will get a loan away for this season according to SSN.

Some reports saying Fraser will go as part of the deal. 

England seem to have a lot of young right backs coming through and I have a feeling Livramento will end up playing for Portugal

20 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Of course they aren't as good as the players in their positions, a couple of injuries and you need your 3rd best to have developed to their full ability

Welsh is also considerably younger than the likes of Hanley and Cooper, and not as injury prone as Souttar.

17 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Tino Livramento moving from Southampton to Newcastle. He’s one who is part Scottish and may get a call up at some point.

His move will mean Harrison Ashby will get a loan away for this season according to SSN.

We are in a very good place with young full backs at the minute but Livramento is a seriously good footballer and I suspect has the attributes and ability to play in a number of positions. Hopefully he's back to full fitness as he had quite a horrible injury last season.

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

We are in a very good place with young full backs at the minute but Livramento is a seriously good footballer and I suspect has the attributes and ability to play in a number of positions. Hopefully he's back to full fitness as he had quite a horrible injury last season.

It will impact us too as Harrison Ashby moved to Newcastle as understudy to Trippier. If Livramento signs for them then Ashby will be understudy to both him and Trippier.

Anyway, as others have pointed out we are well stocked with youthful right backs. 

46 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Liam Morrison has signed for Wigan on loan. 

Shaun Maloney will take special interest in him. Could be a good place for him to develop and get games under his belt.

Same goes for Hepburn. I assume he chose Queen's Park due to its proximity to his family. But they'll also be an attacking team expected to win most weeks. So he should get plenty of freedom to express himself. 

It'll be great to see how good they really are. 

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Liam Morrison has signed for Wigan on loan. 

Not a bad move.

22 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Shaun Maloney will take special interest in him. Could be a good place for him to develop and get games under his belt.

Same goes for Hepburn. I assume he chose Queen's Park due to its proximity to his family. But they'll also be an attacking team expected to win most weeks. So he should get plenty of freedom to express himself. 

It'll be great to see how good they really are. 

I'd have hoped, though, if this boy is as good as he's made out to be, that he could have secured a loan move to an SPFL side.  The Championship isn't a great standard, not when you consider he's come from Bayern Munich, so I'm wondering if he is still expected to make the grade.

14 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Not a bad move.

I'd have hoped, though, if this boy is as good as he's made out to be, that he could have secured a loan move to an SPFL side.  The Championship isn't a great standard, not when you consider he's come from Bayern Munich, so I'm wondering if he is still expected to make the grade.

It's a terrible standard in the grand scheme of things, but considerably higher than the level most of Celtic and Rangers' best 19 year olds are playing - lowland league.

If he tears it up at QP then he at the very least puts himself in the shop window. I'm curious to see how he gets on, as it's pretty hard to keep track of youth Bayern players properly.

14 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Aidan Borland apparently a very good prospect midfielder Celtic apparently off also Villa or Brighton. 

Cameroon Cooper apparently heading down south from Rangers to unknown Prem side. 

Must be an African connection with that fella? 😉

18 hours ago, syecosse said:

Aidan Borland apparently a very good prospect midfielder Celtic apparently off also Villa or Brighton. 

Cameroon Cooper apparently heading down south from Rangers to unknown Prem side. 

Villa paying £300k plus add ons for Borland who's only 15. Crazy how much EPL sides can spend on kids

1 hour ago, csinclair said:

Villa paying £300k plus add ons for Borland who's only 15. Crazy how much EPL sides can spend on kids

It’s good for Scotland though these lads leave Celtic and Rangers. More chance of a young Scottish player breaking through at Man City than there is at the old firm which is totally bonkers 

22 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

It’s good for Scotland though these lads leave Celtic and Rangers. More chance of a young Scottish player breaking through at Man City than there is at the old firm which is totally bonkers 

I do not think for certain that is true I would imagine for example Doak and Mebude would have played a lot more first team, The liklehood is that Billy Gilmour and Nathan Patterson would be playing or highly involved if still at Rangers, players like Wilson,Morrison and Adam at prem sides might have all be playing games, the truth is we will never know unfortunately but money talks and as someone that follows checks youth football out unfortunately a lot of these guys head down south and are never seen again. 

23 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Lewis Ferguson is reported to be on route to the Serie A champions 15 million.

Jordan Holsgrove could be playing Champions league football Braga are apparently after him. 

Nice to see Ferguson linked with bigger clubs in Serie A though I'd like to see him stay for at least another year of being first pick at Bologna.

Will be interesting to see where Holsgrove ends up. By all accounts had a good season in a struggling side and seems to go under the radar a bit. Still only 23

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

I do not think for certain that is true I would imagine for example Doak and Mebude would have played a lot more first team, The liklehood is that Billy Gilmour and Nathan Patterson would be playing or highly involved if still at Rangers, players like Wilson,Morrison and Adam at prem sides might have all be playing games, the truth is we will never know unfortunately but money talks and as someone that follows checks youth football out unfortunately a lot of these guys head down south and are never seen again. 

Based on what exactly? There is no consistent track record of youth development at the Old Firm clubs, nor most clubs in Scotland for that matter. To suggest it would have been different with these players because they are now successful is revisionism. 

5 hours ago, csinclair said:

Nice to see Ferguson linked with bigger clubs in Serie A though I'd like to see him stay for at least another year of being first pick at Bologna.

Will be interesting to see where Holsgrove ends up. By all accounts had a good season in a struggling side and seems to go under the radar a bit. Still only 23

Incredible to think that a Scottish midfielder can go to the Italian champions for 15 million (if true) and gets no game time in the last two qualifiers for us.

Changing times.

15 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Incredible to think that a Scottish midfielder can go to the Italian champions for 15 million (if true) and gets no game time in the last two qualifiers for us.

Changing times.

Strange that he never got any gametime. I felt he had earned at least a couple of sub appearances. Saying that we cant really argue with clarkes decisions. Its yielded great results so far this campaign.

If fergie becomes a napoli regular then i doubt clarke can justify not playing him at all. 

Ive watched abit of Ferguson in Italy and im surprised the bigger teams are looking at him.

He always seems "solid" but unspectacular when ive seen him. Does the basics well, is tidy in possession and works hard but he doesnt really have any skill or exceptional passing or shooting ability.

This isnt a slant on him as id put him close to the level of Christie and Armstrong for us. Just not stop 4 player in any of the top 4 leagues imo. 

Hopefully im wrong and theres loads of potential to unleash.

22 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Ive watched abit of Ferguson in Italy and im surprised the bigger teams are looking at him.

He always seems "solid" but unspectacular when ive seen him. Does the basics well, is tidy in possession and works hard but he doesnt really have any skill or exceptional passing or shooting ability.

This isnt a slant on him as id put him close to the level of Christie and Armstrong for us. Just not stop 4 player in any of the top 4 leagues imo. 

Have to admit, i'm in agreement with you on him. Anytime i've seen him he's been decent, but not someone you'd associate with the glamour teams like Napoli.

Watching his highlights reel from this season, he looks like a copy of McGinn with the way he can use his backside to win fouls.

If Napoli want him, it must be for the hardworking all-rounder role.

29 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Yeh i have never been massively impressed by him. I would never have thought top clubs would be interested in him. Hes more a lower half epl or mid table serie a player imo. 

Saying that good luck to him, i hope he does well and i think he deserves some gametime in the scotland team. 

6 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Based on what exactly? There is no consistent track record of youth development at the Old Firm clubs, nor most clubs in Scotland for that matter. To suggest it would have been different with these players because they are now successful is revisionism. 

Totally agree. Especially the last few years. Other than the first month of Ange being Celtic manager, when I think 15+ senior players left, he never made any attempt to play any academy players. Gerrard was just as bad. Bronckhorst showed signs of using young Scots, but he didn't last long anyway.

I'm not holding my breath on Rodgers playing youths. My biggest hope is that he'll bring out the best in Turnbull, an already established senior player.