Scottish player transfers - Page 206 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

17 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Both McTominay (probably) and Tierney are on over 100k per week and clubs are talking about fees around 30 million. 

Not a chance of either going to Celtic. Tierney speculation comes from him saying he would like to play for Celtic again and he wont rule anything out however realsitically it will be towards the end of his career on a free transfer. Tierney will go to Newcastle or stay at Arsenal imo.

McTominay one is even more remote. As far as im aware he has no connection to Celtic, played his entire career at top end of EPL. Why would he even be considering moving to Scotland. Talk of him going to Newcastle also although thats went quiet. Everton and West Ham also rumoured however I wouldnt be surprised if he stayed at Utd.

Hi. Yes, I agree with this. I can see Tierney back at Celtic eventually but it would be a massive step back now. Having said that, given how early he started, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he starts to fade relatively early.

As for McTominay, he's certainly put himself in the shop window given his recent Scotland performances so the only thing preventing him from finding a new EPL club would be the transfer fee Man Utd demand.  He's really hitting his peak and will do a great job if a club using him correctly.

Just wanted to look up information on our current squad and thought the SFA website might help.      The impression the sfa actually doesn’t like, much less support Scotland is increasing.

seems most our squad does not have a football club and Billy Gilmour is still a Chelsea player. Maybe I expect too much in these times of diminishing returns. 

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Fraser Hornby will be playing in the Bundesliga next year has joined Darmstadt.

A Scot in Georgia strange one but Bruce Anderson Livingston to the Georgian cup winners Torpedo kutaisi is apparently happening.

Yeh saw that, a big challenge for Hornby, he must have just had a pretty good season . Do you know if there a transfer fee involved? 

On 7/1/2023 at 10:20 AM, syecosse said:

A few Hamilton youngsters off down south it seems.

Ryan One Hamilton to Brighton.

Josh Mcdonald Hamilton to Leeds.

Gabriel Forsyth Hamilton to Norwich. 

Some youngsters to watch out for.

Good to see Matthew Craig being rewarded with a long term deal, they must feel he has a chance of being a EPL level player.

Fraser Hornby will be playing in the Bundesliga next year has joined Darmstadt.

A Scot in Georgia strange one but Bruce Anderson Livingston to the Georgian cup winners Torpedo kutaisi is apparently happening.

Anderson’s rejected it I think after Livi accepted the fee 

50 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Yeh saw that, a big challenge for Hornby, he must have just had a pretty good season . Do you know if there a transfer fee involved? 

21 apps 8 goals in Belgiums top flight ain't bad, hopefully kicks on after disappointing before, Scotlands top u21 scorer, fee just says undisclosed that I can see but have giving him a contract till 2027.

From what I can see the the Belgian podcast rates him highly from his time last year.

Edited by syecosse

34 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Anderson’s rejected it I think after Livi accepted the fee 

Would have been interesting trying to see how well he would have been doing, sometimes it is hard monitoring how the likes of Holsgrove and Irving are doing in the Portugese and Austrian top flight never mind Georgian. 

18 hours ago, syecosse said:

Would have been interesting trying to see how well he would have been doing, sometimes it is hard monitoring how the likes of Holsgrove and Irving are doing in the Portugese and Austrian top flight never mind Georgian. 

I think he would enjoy the experience as Georgia is beautiful & the people are really hospitable but unless the money offered was very big you can understand his professional reasons for turning it down .

Apparently it's a 10 team league with most clubs averaging crowds lower than our championship.

Screenshot_2023-07-06-19-10-25-174_com.android.chrome.jpg

18 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Apparently Scotland U18 Adam Brooks Celtic has rejected a new deal, does not want to play in the B team, wants to be playing first team mens football and is also rejecting English clubs to join Inverness CT.

The only real benefits for the B teams is that the youngsters will still get access to the superior facilities, and exposure to top class players around the training ground. 

This is probably only a good thing up to a point, but then the benefit plateaus. Brooks is 19, I believe. I feel like he's made the smart choice.

11 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Read some very good things about this kid, behind Rory Wilson he might be our best teenage centre forward prospect🤔

Rangers I am sure have a guy 16 years old who scored maybe 50 goals this year(sure I read that he had, this could be wrong) Chris Eadie.

Just seen also Lincoln have loaned U21 keeper Sam Long to Falkirk. 

On 7/5/2023 at 9:44 PM, theabsentee said:

Good move for him and potentially Scotland, if he can hold down a place in the first team and score some goals.

It also brings the total number of Scots centre-forwards playing in the top European leagues next season up to two!

Max Johnstone is apparently joining Sturm Graz in Austria, they could be in the Champions league.

At first I thought that sounded like a bit of a rubbish move but if he's going to play every week and if he can get Champions League football too then it might not do him any harm at all.

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

Good move for him and potentially Scotland, if he can hold down a place in the first team and score some goals.

It also brings the total number of Scots centre-forwards playing in the top European leagues next season up to two!

At first I thought that sounded like a bit of a rubbish move but if he's going to play every week and if he can get Champions League football too then it might not do him any harm at all.

Who needs strikers anyway? 8 of our 9 goals were scored by midfielders 😄

17 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

If he gets games in the championship at 20 he’ll be doing very well

Aye, it's very encouraging news. I must admit, whenever I've seen him play I haven't been all that impressed by him, but it is possible for young players to improve.