Scottish player transfers - Page 135 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

13 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I blame the parents. 

No massive loss for me - played for Stoke on loan last season and his confidence looked absolutely shot to pieces.  Our U21 keeper did better, had more authority in his 18 yard box and most fans were pissed off when he was dropped as Gunn had at least one absolute clanger in him every game.  

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

I blame the parents. 

If you go onto both Gunn's Twitter pages, it's quite obvious that Bryan is pretty gutted he didn't choose us. He had a photo of a cutting from a Norwich programme from when Angus was a lad and a mascot and he's in a Scotland kit with a quote about it's his dream to play for Norwich and Scotland. Quite obvious it was his ol' man's dream

It’s fair enough. He grew up in England and feels English, good on him for selecting them.  Just cause he has a scottish dad and is called Angus we shouldn’t expect him to select us. He has my respect, unlike the plastic Irishmen like mcgeady.

4 hours ago, csinclair said:

Hasn't been in the setup for a while but Craig MacGillivray has signed for Charlton

Seems like  bit of a nothing move, the team that was 8th to the team that was 7th in league one

He seemed to have a decent season last year and I thought he might make a championship team.

13 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

It’s fair enough. He grew up in England and feels English, good on him for selecting them.  Just cause he has a scottish dad and is called Angus we shouldn’t expect him to select us. He has my respect, unlike the plastic Irishmen like mcgeady.

Agree, but he has no chance of playing for England - he must be about fourth in line right now at best.

On 6/28/2021 at 6:29 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Seems like  bit of a nothing move, the team that was 8th to the team that was 7th in league one

He seemed to have a decent season last year and I thought he might make a championship team.

Aye it's a bit strange considering he was available on a bosman. He was Portsmouth POTY who just missed out on a playoff spot.

It's the very definition of a sideways step. Very strange that no championship side thought about taking a chance on him.

I remember Rangers were looking at him just before we resigned McGregor.

On 6/28/2021 at 6:34 PM, Third Lanark said:

Agree, but he has no chance of playing for England - he must be about fourth in line right now at best.

Aye for a ticket to the game. He probably isn't even on the radar anymore, he's went completely off it.

The other 2 Southampton goalies alone will be ahead of him. Then you have Pope, Henderson, Johnstone, Ramsdale, etc

Big Duncs lad signed for Newcastle. Contract was up at Tranmere. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9741801/Cameron-Ferguson-son-Everton-legend-Duncan-signs-Newcastle.html

I'm sure his dad wouldn't let him doubt his country if he turned out to be good enough.. 

Time will tell but had a look at Tranmeres forum, not much info just one guy saying that he isn't that good. Decent touch but too slow.  

5 minutes ago, Instant coffee said:

Really surprised that Griffiths has been released by Celtic, I thought the 1 year extension would be been activated. I take it the new Celtic manager doesn't trust him enough to offer him a deal. It will be interesting to see where he ends up

BBC reporting he has signed for another year.

4 hours ago, Malcolm said:

He has said he is not interested.

Good on him.  He was getting plenty of game time before his injury so Bologna clearly see something in him.  Coming back to Scotland after just one season would have been the most dispiriting, retrograde move.

50 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9741801/Cameron-Ferguson-son-Everton-legend-Duncan-signs-Newcastle.html

I'm sure his dad wouldn't let him doubt his country if he turned out to be good enough.. 

Time will tell but had a look at Tranmeres forum, not much info just one guy saying that he isn't that good. Decent touch but too slow.  

If a Tranmere fan is saying that, that doesn't bode well. 

I was going to say if Newcastle have signed him maybe there is something there but then I remembered that Paul Dalglish kept getting contracts!  :lol:

55 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Wonder if he has the mental of his dad in him 

1 hour ago, theabsentee said:

His Dad hates the SFA with every fibre of his being so I wouldn’t bet on it. 

On 6/27/2021 at 4:11 PM, Instant coffee said:

Fair play to both of they do go. I really can't fault Guald for going to the mls if he does go. Summer football, wages, lifestyle and training facilities are top notch too. 

If Gauld goes to the MLS, he can wave goodbye to a Scotland cap. No one that has gone to America has enhanced their Scotland chances.

Saying that, he has, at the moment, the likes of Christie, Fraser, Turnbull, Forrest and McGinn all ahead of him. He might be looking at the fact that Clarke doesn't tend to use more than 1 attacking midfielder at a time. (One of the bigger mistakes he made at the Euros) So, even if he mangaged to break into the squad, he wouldn't get a game anyway. 

I hope he doesn't go to the MLS. I still have a lot of faith in his ability.

On 6/27/2021 at 6:04 PM, csinclair said:

Dundee Utd teenager Kerr Smith looks to be going to Leicester 

Reported in Dundee papers on social media that he has decided to stay at United at least for one more season and is targeting double figures in first team games this season which would be pretty impressive for a 16 year old centre half. Article suggests that he was wanted by most of the top flight English clubs. Good news for United because the contract he has signed apparently has a minimum sell on clause which increases based on first team games. From the very few games he played at end of last season after just turning 16 he does look to be potentially top class.