Scottish player transfers - Page 132 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

John egan would be in our squad easily, he was part of the sheffield united team that finished top half the season before last plus anytime i have watched sheff united this season hes been pretty decent and hasnt really been one of the main problems with sheffield united this season. relying on a strike force of mcgoldrick, mcburnie and burke is one of their main problems this season. aaron connolly would be in our squad for sure as well, hes been impressive in the epl at the age of 19/20 which is a rarity for both nations. mcgoldrick would probably feature as well, he scored 8 league goals this season which is 1 less than che adams and that was for a struggling team that finished last.

Also patterson will be doing extremely well to replicate coleman or doherty, both players are top right backs and could play at top 6 english clubs. we dont even know if patterson is good enough for rangers yet.

McGoldrick has retired from Ireland.

Ireland have employed a manager to transition them. A Berti Vogts if you like. They can expect years in the wilderness.

14 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

McGoldrick has retired from Ireland.

Ireland have employed a manager to transition them. A Berti Vogts if you like. They can expect years in the wilderness.

yeh on second thoughts mcgoldrick maybe wouldnt get in our squad, hes had a pretty poor career for the most part.

It will be a tough few years for ireland unless they have some talented youngsters coming through.

Not a transfer or not even a current Scotland player but Kevin McDonald has left Fulham. Wish the big man well and always gave 100% for all his clubs and Scotland. Very popular at Burnley ( before pintgate) and Fulham.

If he was performing to that level with the medical problems we know about now then probably could have gone on to greater things.

3 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I'm not sure if Newcastle is the correct move for Ferguson.

They have a pretty decent Central midfield already and also have a good midfielder the same age as Ferguson in Matty Longstaff, who can barely make it off the bench.

I can’t see him getting a game there at all. Championship is more realistic. 

Think his career has stagnated at Aberdeen under McInnes, not the only one I'm afraid. So next move is the big one, Stay for another season at the Dons under the ahem.. "Brown Glass revolution" or transfer. Newcastle is not the right move but would be better following in Uncle Barry's footsteps with teams either Blackburn or Birmingham. Then a good season or tow there could see him reach teams like Newcastle. He is only 21.

7 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Think his career has stagnated at Aberdeen under McInnes, not the only one I'm afraid. So next move is the big one, Stay for another season at the Dons under the ahem.. "Brown Glass revolution" or transfer. Newcastle is not the right move but would be better following in Uncle Barry's footsteps with teams either Blackburn or Birmingham. Then a good season or tow there could see him reach teams like Newcastle. He is only 21.

Maybe he has a bit more ambition than going to the bottom half of the English Championship? 

Ih he has confidence in his ability he might fancy going to a bottom half EPL team and trying to break into their first team? Newcastle are hardly Man City after all. 

Re: Lewis Ferguson 

Just goes to show that with football, it's not in your DNA. My Nephew trained with Barry's other son, Kyle, at Hamilton. Apparently, Kyle was just "ok".

Lewis might have to do an Ethan Hamilton or Greg Docherty and move to league one. I can't see him holding his own in the EPL. He might do well in the Championship. Maybe.

Edited by Taylor1996

20 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Re: Lewis Ferguson 

Just goes to show that with football, it's not in your DNA. My Nephew trained with Barry's other son, Kyle, at Hamilton. Apparently, Kyle was just "ok".

Lewis might have to do an Ethan Hamilton or Greg Docherty and move to league one. I can't see him holding his own in the EPL. He might do well in the Championship. Maybe.

Maybe the Schmeichels are the exception which proves the rule.

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Johnston( feyoonord, Wigan) has joined Bolton, apparently Wigan are gutted to be losing him, Billy Gilmours brother may also be moving to Chelsea also. 

Had to go and check were Bolton were these days, just promoted from league two so not a very inspiring move.

On 6/5/2021 at 5:19 AM, Burj_Alba said:

Not a transfer or not even a current Scotland player but Kevin McDonald has left Fulham. Wish the big man well and always gave 100% for all his clubs and Scotland. Very popular at Burnley ( before pintgate) and Fulham.

If he was performing to that level with the medical problems we know about now then probably could have gone on to greater things.

I think the fact that even with known kidney problems he’s an absolute pisshead probably explains why he didn’t go on to greater things.  Been hearing bad things about how this guy looks after himself since he was in the 21s. 

1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

Doesn't seem so weird - I remember going to Woodside Tavern straight from Firhill to find Chic Charnley who'd been subbed midway through the second half well into his second pint. "How'd the lads do?" he said keeping a straight face...

2 minutes ago, shug macdiarmid said:

Doesn't seem so weird - I remember going to Woodside Tavern straight from Firhill to find Chic Charnley who'd been subbed midway through the second half well into his second pint. "How'd the lads do?" he said keeping a straight face...

Still don't know why he never made the squad...

5 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Think it was more he hated Laws (many players did) and wanted to follow Coyle to Bolton. As he said in the article it was the wrong thing to do and was omitted from the squad for quite a long time. 

Hibs star Ryan Porteous is wanted by Turkish giants Galatasaray. A seven-figure bid is expected in the next week. It is similar to the offer submitted by Millwall in January but with a number of add-ons which could make the overall value much greater. (Scottish Sun)

Bit of a strange rumour. I'm not sure it would be the best move for him tbh. Turkish football is on a downturn and not many Scots have done well over there in the last 10 years.

Still it's probably better than getting lost in the lower end of the championship at Millwall.

16 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Hibs star Ryan Porteous is wanted by Turkish giants Galatasaray. A seven-figure bid is expected in the next week. It is similar to the offer submitted by Millwall in January but with a number of add-ons which could make the overall value much greater. (Scottish Sun)

Bit of a strange rumour. I'm not sure it would be the best move for him tbh. Turkish football is on a downturn and not many Scots have done well over there in the last 10 years.

Still it's probably better than getting lost in the lower end of the championship at Millwall.

He will be going to a better league with regular chance of European and even champions league football, so it would undoubtedly be a move that would make him a better player.