The Weather thread - Page 20 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

I never thought I'd be glad to see it rain but I love this current temperature.  😁

I actually love the sunshine but see that level of heat and humidity we had last week??  Not for me.

Would have that any day of the week compared to the weather yesterday and today. 

Can't do fuck all when it's raining sideways. Even in 30 degree heat you can at least sit in the shade if you need to. In this you can't even go for a walk without getting soaked through.

19 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Would have that any day of the week compared to the weather yesterday and today. 

Can't do fuck all when it's raining sideways. Even in 30 degree heat you can at least sit in the shade if you need to. In this you can't even go for a walk without getting soaked through.

Aye, that's fine if you don't have to do anything.  If you have to move around or do something or get anywhere it's as uncomfortable as fuck, especially when you then go inside to a building that was designed to keep heat in (as almost all buildings in this country are).

Don't get me wrong, rainy weather is pish as well and limits what you can do; but it's easier to deal with, as is the cold, than excess heat.  Last night was the first night in ages that I was able to sleep with all the windows in the flat shut, and it was glorious.  😊

21 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was out cycling in the rain yesterday afternoon, it was coming straight down, not a breath of wind, it was brilliant. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Lovely sunny day here. ☀️

😡😡😡

It’s no even the end of October and I am considering emigrating. Saturday has been the only day it hasn’t rained in over a week. And I am not talking a wee bit of drizzle I mean full on monsoon.

I  couldn’t remember where I had parked my car yesterday when I came out Braehead shopping centre and was soaked. The irony of my purchases being a shower caddy and towels did not go unnoticed on the other drivers , particularly  since I had refused a carrier bag due to global warming  . 

Meanwhile my customers in England are telling me today they have a fookin hosepipe ban !  

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😡😡😡

It’s no even the end of October and I am considering emigrating. Saturday has been the only day it hasn’t rained in over a week. And I am not talking a wee bit of drizzle I mean full on monsoon.

I  couldn’t remember where I had parked my car yesterday when I came out Braehead shopping centre and was soaked. The irony of my purchases being a shower caddy and towels did not go unnoticed on the other drivers , particularly  since I had refused a carrier bag due to global warming  . 

Meanwhile my customers in England are telling me today they have a fookin hosepipe ban !  

😄

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😡😡😡

WTF is a shower caddy?

You emigrate to England to be Malcolms neighbour and save loads on tax.

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

WTF is a shower caddy?

You emigrate to England to be Malcolms neighbour and save loads on tax.

Its the thing you put your shower gel and shampoo in. If you have hair of course. 

I bet you just leave yours on the floor of the shower and make Mrs O clean it up every weekend. Bits of hair stuck on your bar of Imperial Leather. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was -5 at 2.30 in the afternoon in South Lanarkshire 

I have said this a few times and been called a Jessie however i am sure it must have been this cold in the past but i cant remember it

Maybe it's just getting auld

It's a La Niña year, which usually produces prolonged cold spells early in winter.

2010/11 was similar. I remember going back to the office after new year and all the snow on the ground from before Christmas still hadn't thawed. And that was on the Ayrshire coast!