The Weather thread - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Joking aside 40 degrees is totally unbearable . Think I would actually be choosing to cancel my flight if I was travelling to that heat, and I prefer to be too warm than too cold. . Its not often that I am not envious of Englands weather. 

Just spend a week on England’s south coast Poole and sandbanks temps pushing 30 degrees everyday .

stopped in London on way home went to Spain v Germany womens game on the way home at Brentford it was 28 degrees at night at the game.

it was still 26 degrees after midnight as I finally got back to the hotel. 

the record temp in Dundee is 28.9 degrees that may be in doubt early this week

Edited by DAVIDB46

Just off to North Berwick for a day by the sea. Checked up on where I was teaching last year. It's meant to hit 38/38 degrees in the afternoon. No air conditioning, big glass windows on two sides of the classroom, windows that wouldn't fully open due to health and safety, basically a greenhouse. Don't envy anyone teaching there today.

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Just off to North Berwick for a day by the sea. Checked up on where I was teaching last year. It's meant to hit 38/38 degrees in the afternoon. No air conditioning, big glass windows on two sides of the classroom, windows that wouldn't fully open due to health and safety, basically a greenhouse. Don't envy anyone teaching there today.

Are teachers not on holiday?

I get my exam results today, just bought a lot of alcohol and food going to chill today, making nachos now as well.

It's still quite pleasant , what a difference losing all this weight made to being able to tolerate heat.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm finding it still a pleasant temp but it's still only about 25°C here. If it gets anywhere near 30°C I'll be hiding in a cool cellar somewhere. 

Yeah it's not too bad, I got a good walk in this morning and a sunscreen assisted one earlier this afternoon.

I've been in Dubai when it was in the 40s and i was in Benidorm last June when they had a heatwave and again it was in the low 40s

Those figures are the air temperature so the temperature on the ground was approaching the 60s 

It is a different kind of heat in Dubai as over there you get the humidity during the day along with it

Anyway - the point is that these places are prepared for it with Air Conditioning almost everywhere

Apart from our cars we dont in the main

It was 25 at 8-30 this morning indoors, that seems to be holding at 29, doors, windows and curtains all closed.  It’s 36 outside and expected to rise to 38-39 by around 5 tonight.  22-23 overnight