Scottish teams in Europe - Page 57 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

30 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Because Man Utd didn’t qualify through their league position.

Only way you’d get 2 in us if Celtic finished 2nd (or worse) which is even less unlikely than them winning the europa league.

Even less unlikely?  That might be correct but it's making my head hurt!

29 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Even less unlikely?  That might be correct but it's making my head hurt!

Yes should’ve proof read that.

:lol:

Even more unlikely, or even less likely, whichever you prefer. :ok:

Edited by sbcmfc

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

“Pure magic”, “simply the best” and orgasms of the throat.

some of that didn’t translate well.

:lol:

27 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The noise when McGregor equalised must of been what the big bang felt like!

Having not been at the game I have no idea what it sounded like, but was it truly louder than when Scotland scored their 2nd vs England in June?? 

Guest BlueGaz
38 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Having not been at the game I have no idea what it sounded like, but was it truly louder than when Scotland scored their 2nd vs England in June?? 

Even if you were at the game, having not been at the big bang, you would probably still have no idea.

1 hour ago, shaggycoo said:

Celtic had 10k more fans inside the stadium than Scotland did, so probably.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Although given that the Big Bang happened in the vacuum of space it wouldn't have made any noise at all...

Well , there was no one there to hear it anyhoo.....  

16 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

3 draws in 4 games in their group for Apollon Limassol.

Certainly appear to be a well-coached team. I still think we were good enough to beat them though and would've done so if we'd had a footballer up front, rather than Stockley. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

PSG heading for double figures here! :blink:

At least Anderlecht are losing ;) 

If PSG had been trying in the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half they would already have 10.

Much worse result than the home tanking as they got the dream start. 

The money spent on PSG is nuts and I wouldn't be surprised if the hump every team this year to win the trophy. Financial doping is alive and well and if uefa don't do something about it then football in general is in trouble. They spent 300m this year on 2 players!!! 

Celtic have a huge advantage against other Scottish teams but the psg situation is a different level completely.

9 minutes ago, Mee said:

The money spent on PSG is nuts and I wouldn't be surprised if the hump every team this year to win the trophy. Financial doping is alive and well and if uefa don't do something about it then football in general is in trouble. They spent 300m this year on 2 players!!! 

Celtic have a huge advantage against other Scottish teams but the psg situation is a different level completely.

I see what you’re saying, but would have to respectfully disagree on the Scottish thing  

Celtic can spend 10% of that £300m to try and compete, no one in Scotland can spend 10% of the £30m to compete. 

Football is dead, both here and abroad, it’s a never ending cycle now, which both PSG and Celtic have contributed to massively, amongst many others that is. 

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I see what you’re saying, but would have to respectfully disagree on the Scottish thing  

Celtic can spend 10% of that £300m to try and compete, no one in Scotland can spend 10% of the £30m to compete. 

Football is dead, both here and abroad, it’s a never ending cycle now, which both PSG and Celtic have contributed to massively, amongst many others that is. 

We spent £30m? I must have missed this.