This Weekends Games - Page 164 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

17 hours ago, slasher said:

Straw clutching. Some people on here could do a good job for the cause! 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean Slasher.

I was only trying to say that, IMO, it was a foul, albeit the damage was done inside 10 mins.

Like most Aberdeen fans I was 'pleased' how we responded after Celtics incredible start.

It gives us something to hold onto for the 27th. That of course maybe 'straw clutching'  ;)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Redz said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean Slasher.

I was only trying to say that, IMO, it was a foul, albeit the damage was done inside 10 mins.

Like most Aberdeen fans I was 'pleased' how we responded after Celtics incredible start.

It gives us something to hold onto for the 27th. That of course maybe 'straw clutching'  ;)

Not sure I know either m8.

Drunk post lol ?

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, dan cake said:

how does this man keep gaining employment?

god knows.  he was actually leaving the job before the 2nd leg anyway, so not sure if he already has something sorted out.

16 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

god knows.  he was actually leaving the job before the 2nd leg anyway, so not sure if he already has something sorted out.

I think it was just a temporary arrangement. To help them try to avoid relegation. 

Guest BlueGaz
16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think it was just a temporary arrangement. To help them try to avoid relegation. 

Gotcha, didn't realise.

A good mate of mine was in and around the Raith dressing rooms on Saturday, players were boxing each other after the game.  Hughes has been a dick there since he arrived, apparently didnt attend the player of the year awards as example, kept himself pretty remote. 

On 14/05/2017 at 6:58 PM, kumnio said:

Absolute mystery.

The number of failures who keep getting jobs is amazing.

It's a closed shop. Same old names on the merry go round regardless of past failures. Just watch McGhee get back into he game somehow.

This is why, despite definitely not being a Jambo, I really hope Cathro is a success.  Break that cycle.

1 hour ago, DaveyDenoon said:

It's a closed shop. Same old names on the merry go round regardless of past failures. Just watch McGhee get back into he game somehow.

This is why, despite definitely not being a Jambo, I really hope Cathro is a success.  Break that cycle.

I agree

6 hours ago, giblet said:

A good mate of mine was in and around the Raith dressing rooms on Saturday, players were boxing each other after the game.  Hughes has been a dick there since he arrived, apparently didnt attend the player of the year awards as example, kept himself pretty remote. 

hopefully big nose got layed out

On 2017-5-15 at 8:11 PM, DaveyDenoon said:

Id like Cathro to succeed for the same reasons.

The usual list of ancient has beens linked to the Dundee job when Hartley was finally sacked was embarassing.

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Id like Cathro to succeed for the same reasons.

The usual list of ancient has beens linked to the Dundee job when Hartley was finally sacked was embarassing.

Speaking of which, just the other day Alex Smith was moaning about how all his auld pals aren't getting jobs anymore

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39916400

"A lot of good, experienced managers get ignored now because they are experienced, they have set ways of working," :lol:

19 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Is there a reason the Killie fans are all in the upper tier at Motherwell tonight?

Seems to be a trend these days in a lot of places. Presumably easier to steward or some shite. 

Utter bollocks for atmosphere though.