This Weekends Games - Page 106 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Like the other poster said it wasn't as clear from Refs position but the view from the other side makes it look like he catches Griffiths thigh before getting a wee touch on the ball. 

If it was at the other end I'd have been screaming for it. 

I was. In the madness sometimes you're never sure where the truth lies ?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

I was. In the madness sometimes you're never sure where the truth lies ?

Damn right and that's exactly why we keep going. ? 

If there was no argument to be had we'd get bored. It'd be like watching cricket. 

55 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So you don't like being called names but are happy to bandy them about? 

If you can't see the hypocrisy in that then you'd better join Brother Madden at specsavers. 

And it looked like a penalty to me. Can't remember who asked. I'm a biased viewer but not that biased. 

I didn't call anyone a name.

I also didn't say I didn't like being called names.

I also didn't mention the penalty, or Madden, at any point

Would you like to try again?

Edited by Reevesy

I thought it was a penalty for Celtic at the end.

Im not sure he got any of the ball, but certainly not enough.

Missed a large chunk no of the game, but when I got back into it with 15 minutes left, Rangers looked like they could get an equaliser.

6 hours ago, Ormond said:

Cannae believe Blackpool's getting his drawers in a twist because he had shit for brains thrown at him. How the heck do people get by in life if that upsets them? :lol:

I sadly guessed it meant sad fenian bast.. :o

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

I didn't call anyone a name.

I also didn't say I didn't like being called names.

I also didn't mention the penalty, or Madden, at any point

Would you like to try again?

Your continual use of the word Hun? 

2 hours ago, Mitre said:

You better clarify what WGS means in case any Celtic fans start greeting

Whoops! Wee Gordon Strachan. And for the avoidance of doubt I'm definitely not being heightist, I meant the wee in a warm, friendly way. ?

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Whoops! Wee Gordon Strachan. And for the avoidance of doubt I'm definitely not being heightist, I meant the wee in a warm, friendly way. ?

Why? The man is a pr1ck :lol:

Edited by dandydunn

I'm not sure how certain people in this thread manage to get through the day, they seem to get offended or upset at the smallest of issues :lol:. I suggest locking the doors and never venturing out into the real world. 

Guest BlueGaz
9 hours ago, adamntg said:

Definite penalty.  Not even sure what the debate is. 

Maybe, not convinced, Hill got the ball and knocked it out of Griffiths stride, Griffiths dived as soon as touched.  But if Broonie had got a couple of the few yellows he deserved, could say it was evened out.  Griffiths dived though, hard for refs when players keep diving as soon as touched. 

Bit disappointed we never won in the end, the first Waghorn chance was a good save, but Gordon shouldn't have been able to get his leg anywhere near the shot.  A step in the right direction though, nothing more than that.

Surprised noone has mentioned Dembele's blatant dive in the 2nd half.  I assume the compliance office will be looking at that.....

As for the result I think a point apiece was a fair result.  We played some decent stuff in spells and if we had a natural striker up front we could have won it.  In saying that, Celtic were clearly not at their best and had a another couple of gears they could have shifted up had they wanted to.  I expect to see a different performance from Celtic in the cup semi.

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Surprised noone has mentioned Dembele's blatant dive in the 2nd half.  I assume the compliance office will be looking at that.....

Are you talking about the one in the box? Tavernier clipped his heel (accidentally) and caused Dembele's legs to tangle. Probably should've been a penalty too. 

Although it's probably worth remembering Bobby Madden's own deficiencies when it comes to not awarding penalties... 

I'm not going to go on about Madden as it's pointless. The only surprise to me was that he didn't give them the one when Waghorn bounced off Boyata.

The worst thing that happened on the pitch was Miller's unpunished two footed lunge on Armstrong.

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'm not going to go on about Madden as it's pointless. The only surprise to me was that he didn't give them the one when Waghorn bounced off Boyata.

The worst thing that happened on the pitch was Miller's unpunished two footed lunge on Armstrong.

He did book Hill for less  (granted the booking was for 2 or 3 challenges but he still awarded it as a foul).