This Weekends Games - Page 108 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Even Griffiths agrees it wasn't a penalty, so I am sticking with my view, that it wasn't.

Aye, Derek Griffiths from Play School.

Leigh Griffiths on the other hand says "it was a penalty.   He has not touched the ball and the referee is asking me afterwards if he touched the ball."

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I'm thinking I must've been watching something else and I really would like to see it again.  I must have missed something for there to be any dubiety at all.

But, just because you skiff the ball, it doesn't mean it's not a foul if you also haul your man to the ground.

Now he hauled him to the ground?  

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, adamntg said:

Aye, Derek Griffiths from Play School.

Leigh Griffiths on the other hand says "it was a penalty.   He has not touched the ball and the referee is asking me afterwards if he touched the ball."

Griffiths said that if he didn't touch the ball it was a penalty, the 'fact' he did touch the ball, means that Griffiths and I are in total agreement at the outcome.  

Although Griffiths goes on to say that if its not a penalty, then he dived and should be booked, again, we agree and the ref got that wrong.  

51 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Big game on Saturday.    Can only see a Doolan and Boyd 1-1 game, but hoping we can sneak it.   Our run of easier games is about done and have the other two Glasgow teams coming up next month which we generally shite ourselves in.    Get the points here and we might actually make the top 6.

Would be sweet seeing Doolan get his 100th at a team he has a wee fondness for... 

r73915.jpg

You guys have any live streaming yet? 

Doolan always scores against us. Fed up seeing him in Killie after he scores at RP! 

No live streaming sadly.

I'm looking forward to it, usually a decent away support down from Thistle. 

3 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm not going to go on about Madden as it's pointless. The only surprise to me was that he didn't give them the one when Waghorn bounced off Boyata.

The worst thing that happened on the pitch was Miller's unpunished two footed lunge on Armstrong.

When he tackled fresh air? :lol:

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, GRBear said:

When he tackled fresh air? :lol:

Which is worse than Brown getting away with what, 2 or 3 yellows and/or red.

40 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Griffiths said that if he didn't touch the ball it was a penalty, the 'fact' he did touch the ball, means that Griffiths and I are in total agreement at the outcome.  

Although Griffiths goes on to say that if its not a penalty, then he dived and should be booked, again, we agree and the ref got that wrong.  

all this proves is Griffiths is a gluepot who does not know the rules.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Him touching the ball, or not touching it, isn't what makes it a penalty :lol: 

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Gaz you cant go through a guy to get the ball and just cos you touch the ball claim its no penalty. if you touch the ball first then fair enough you have a claim but he clearly didn't. its a stone waller.

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Gaz you cant go through a guy to get the ball and just cos you touch the ball claim its no penalty. if you touch the ball first then fair enough you have a claim but he clearly didn't. its a stone waller.

He never 'went through the guy' Shed, surely even you can see that?  Griffiths def dived, 100%.  no point arguing about it, it wasn't given, there was no penalty. ;)

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Feel sorry for Dembele and Griff when they get back to training.  Broonie will be all over them like a rash, we know how much he hates diving.

8 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

That's not true either.  

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, adamntg said:

That's not true either.  

Correct, but if you touch it, move it away from the players line so he cant deal with it as he would have, then fair enough, which is what happened.  :P  maybe the next dodgy decision against us will be given and you will be happy then :ok:

I'll try one more time.

I refer you to the Laws of the Game (skip to page 38).  If you can point to where it makes any mention of playing the ball being mitigation, I will concede your point.  Otherwise, well, y'know.

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force 

• trips or attempts to trip an opponent
  • jumps at an opponent 
  • charges an opponent 
  • strikes or attempts to strike an opponent 
  • pushes an opponent 
  • tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences: •

• holds an opponent
  • spits at an opponent
  • handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

A direct free kick is taken from the place where the offence occurred (see Law 13 – Position of free kick).

Penalty kick

A penalty kick is awarded if any of the above ten offences is committed by a player inside his own penalty area, irrespective of the position of the ball, provided it is in play.

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Correct, but if you touch it, move it away from the players line so he cant deal with it as he would have, then fair enough, which is what happened.  :P  maybe the next dodgy decision against us will be given and you will be happy then :ok:

I don't care who the decision was or wasn't given for.  I'm just trying to be honest.  I dislike Old Firm games because at least one team has to not lose.

Edited by adamntg

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I don't care who the decision was or wasn't given for.  I'm just trying to be honest.  I dislike Old Firm games because at least one team has to not lose.

You obviously do care or you wouldn't harp on about it so much.  Don't kid yourself.

22 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You obviously do care or you wouldn't harp on about it so much.  Don't kid yourself.

I don't really.  I'm distracting myself from my work, makes the day go quicker.  I couldn't really give a flying feck who wins the Old Firm match.

Guest BlueGaz
27 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Don't believe you, everyone has a big team.  ;)

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, adamntg said:

That's it, just go ad hominem.  Shouldn't have expected more.

och, lighten up.  Only jesting, I know if you wanted a big team you would go for Dundee.

43 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Do people actually understand the rules or just make them up? I think we can see the answer. Some incredible analysis, like a pile of Neil McCann's.

What is the collective noun for a pile of Neil McCann's? ? 

A twittery or a buffoonery?