This Weekends Games - Page 107 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

25 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'm not going to go on about Madden as it's pointless. The only surprise to me was that he didn't give them the one when Waghorn bounced off Boyata.

The worst thing that happened on the pitch was Miller's unpunished two footed lunge on Armstrong.

I didn't see the first half but I thought Holt's tackle (think it was on Roberts) was a shocker and he didn't even give a foul!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I'm not going to go on about Madden as it's pointless. The only surprise to me was that he didn't give them the one when Waghorn bounced off Boyata.

The worst thing that happened on the pitch was Miller's unpunished two footed lunge on Armstrong.

I forgot to mention that. 

Scared to give a red card after 5 minutes,if he connected,it would've quite possibly been a career ender. 

Hill - Griffiths: Not a pen
Tav - Dembele: Not a pen
Waghorn - Boyata: Not a pen
Holt - Roberts: Foul and a 2nd yellow.  
Brown - Holt: Off the ball elbow, red /  retrospective red
Miller - Armstrong: (Shite comedy duo) Red card

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Maybe, not convinced, Hill got the ball and knocked it out of Griffiths stride, Griffiths dived as soon as touched.  But if Broonie had got a couple of the few yellows he deserved, could say it was evened out.  Griffiths dived though, hard for refs when players keep diving as soon as touched. 

I watched a few replays and didn't see any touch on the ball.  I'm surprised there's even a debate, so maybe I should watch it again cos from what I saw it's not even under question.

Just now, adamntg said:

I watched a few replays and didn't see any touch on the ball.  I'm surprised there's even a debate, so maybe I should watch it again cos from what I saw it's not even under question.

It's not under debate unless you're massively biased. 

He did get a touch on the ball but came through the back of Griffith's to get it so it probably was a penalty.  He also pulled Griffith's back right on the edge of the box which was a lot more obvious than the penalty incident.  I do think Madden was unsighted for both incidents though so it's the linesman that should have spotted both.

Guest BlueGaz
8 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I watched it once and saw the touch straight away, and its [obviously] still there every time i have watched it since.

Guest BlueGaz
16 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Ah - I made the classic mistake of being impartial!  Textbook.

You're not being impartial.  Blind more like.  Whether you think it was a penalty or not, you are saying Hill didn't touch the ball.  He did touch the ball.  Griffiths also dived, cheating wee khunt, so never a penalty.

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I watched it once and saw the touch straight away, and its [obviously] still there every time i have watched it since.

Actually, it's pretty irrelevant if he touched the ball or not.  He hasn't touched it enough to take it away from Griffith's playing distance and then he's knocked him to the ground.  I can't find an online replay to have another look - anyone got one?

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, adamntg said:

Actually, it's pretty irrelevant if he touched the ball or not.  He hasn't touched it enough to take it away from Griffith's playing distance and then he's knocked him to the ground.  I can't find an online replay to have another look - anyone got one?

:lol::lol:

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Great win for us on saturday, glad we bounced back from last weeks result.

Not surprised Motherwell were time wasting, they were at it early doors last week too.

Big game on Saturday.    Can only see a Doolan and Boyd 1-1 game, but hoping we can sneak it.   Our run of easier games is about done and have the other two Glasgow teams coming up next month which we generally shite ourselves in.    Get the points here and we might actually make the top 6.

Would be sweet seeing Doolan get his 100th at a team he has a wee fondness for... 

r73915.jpg

You guys have any live streaming yet? 

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, adamntg said:

It's not my fault if you don't know the rules.

The only correct part of your post was that you didn't have a link to watch it.  If you now have that, the whole post was bullshit.

5 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

The only correct part of your post was that you didn't have a link to watch it.  If you now have that, the whole post was bullshit.

He's spot-on, Gaz.   Only a blind man or a fool would deny that was a penalty. 

Guest BlueGaz
22 minutes ago, OLAS said:

He's spot-on, Gaz.   Only a blind man or a fool would deny that was a penalty. 

Nah, could easily have gone either way, would have been harsh if given.  

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Nah, could easily have gone either way, would have been harsh if given.  

It would have been fair.    I'm far from one to defend either side, but it was a penalty.   We're the team with the least penalties awarded this season so I'm not used to seeing them awarded... but I am used to seeing ones go un-awarded and that was blatant. 

If it was at the other end, I think your tune would be completely changed. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, OLAS said:

It would have been fair.    I'm far from one to defend either side, but it was a penalty.   We're the team with the least penalties awarded this season so I'm not used to seeing them awarded... but I am used to seeing ones go un-awarded and that was blatant. 

If it was at the other end, I think your tune would be completely changed. 

Even Griffiths agrees it wasn't a penalty, so I am sticking with my view, that it wasn't.

I'm thinking I must've been watching something else and I really would like to see it again.  I must have missed something for there to be any dubiety at all.

But, just because you skiff the ball, it doesn't mean it's not a foul if you also haul your man to the ground.