Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 259 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

54 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Hearts, who lost to Celtic in Saturday's Scottish Cup final, are four signings away from being a real force next season, says manager Craig Levein according to The Sun. 

Any idea who those four might be?  Ronaldo, Messi, Modric, de Bruyne?

Its Craig levein, one of them will be an invisible striker and the other three from Edinburgh rugby

On 5/20/2019 at 1:18 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Future Hibs manager Lee Wallace has been released by Rangers.

Rewarded for his loyalty and wasting his career.......nae luck Lee 😂😂😂

19 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Its Craig levein, one of them will be an invisible striker and the other three from Edinburgh rugby

Did he no love Jamie Mackie, could bring him up and give us all a laugh.

20 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

As if the sheep aren’t industrial enough Ash Taylor and Main will fit right in with tan mans ethos

6 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Cypriot side Apollon Limassol want Rangers' 31-year-old Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty.

Please, please my this be true!

According to press reports he's been told to find a new club for next season.  That was £1/2M or whatever and about 2 months chasing him well spent!

44 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

According to press reports he's been told to find a new club for next season.  That was £1/2M or whatever and about 2 months chasing him well spent!

+ a years wages + remainder of contract pay off (buyout)

Another 1M GBP ?  or were you quoting 2M above as a cost ?  

12 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Cypriot side Apollon Limassol want Rangers' 31-year-old Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty.

Please, please my this be true!

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

4 hours ago, euan2020 said:

+ a years wages + remainder of contract pay off (buyout)

Another 1M GBP ?  or were you quoting 2M above as a cost ?  

At least Hearts didn’t have him. 👍

Can’t believe he’s only 31, been about forever.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

See Celtic are after Turnbull for £1.2m.

No chance they'll get him for as little as that.

:lol:

can fuck right off!

I’d be gutted if he went there or Ibrox! Not surprised if Celtic try and low ball us.

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

See Celtic are after Turnbull for £1.2m.

No chance they'll get him for as little as that.

As far as I hear Lennon won't have a pot of gold to play with. My guess is we'll sell Ntcham and that fee plus maybe another 4-5m from the coffers will be his budget for 5-6 new players. We'll probably end up paying £2m for Turnbull. In for Aribo (Charlton) and a Polish RB whose name I forget. Also apparently keen on Taylor which might interest your Mr. Humper 😉

40 minutes ago, slasher said:

As far as I hear Lennon won't have a pot of gold to play with. My guess is we'll sell Ntcham and that fee plus maybe another 4-5m from the coffers will be his budget for 5-6 new players. We'll probably end up paying £2m for Turnbull. In for Aribo (Charlton) and a Polish RB whose name I forget. Also apparently keen on Taylor which might interest your Mr. Humper 😉

Better get the chequebook out for Taylor as he's under contract for another 3 years and we're in no need to sell!

Can't see him going though unless he's a guaranteed start, which he wouldn't be with Tierney.

40 minutes ago, slasher said:

We'll probably end up paying £2m for Turnbull. In for Aribo (Charlton) and a Polish RB whose name I forget. Also apparently keen on Taylor which might interest your Mr. Humper 😉

It’s depressing!

Celtic weakening the opposition and trying to do so on the cheap.

Then bemoaning the lack of competition in the league when they get papped out in the champions league qualifiers by Qarabag or the champions of Lapland.

If the Celtic interest in Turnbull is genuine; which I suspect it is as Burrows has responded to the speculation, it will end up being the John McGinn of this summer with Celtic trying to sneak him on the cheap.

Motherwell will want a good fee and a sell on, as if he goes to England his next transfer could make us more in sell on than the original transfer (Marvin Johnson).

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s depressing!

Celtic weakening the opposition and trying to do so on the cheap.

Then bemoaning the lack of competition in the league when they get papped out in the champions league qualifiers by Qarabag or the champions of Lapland.

If the Celtic interest in Turnbull is genuine; which I suspect it is as Burrows has responded to the speculation, it will end up being the John McGinn of this summer with Celtic trying to sneak him on the cheap.

Motherwell will want a good fee and a sell on, as if he goes to England his next transfer could make us more in sell on than the original transfer (Marvin Johnson).

Aye, it's a wee bit like bemoaning the standard of football up here but happy for our best youngsters to disappear to the Championship or League 1 🤔

Listen I take your point, but Celtic shopping up here is much more about the club being unwilling/unable to compete in more expensive markets. Dundee United had a simple response to it under Jim McLean...... refuse to sell to Celtic/Rangers unless they pay through the nose. The risk is you end up losing out but you either take the risk or stop whingeing. 

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Aye, it's a wee bit like bemoaning the standard of football up here but happy for our best youngsters to disappear to the Championship or League 1 🤔

Listen I take your point, but Celtic shopping up here is much more about the club being unwilling/unable to compete in more expensive markets. Dundee United had a simple response to it under Jim McLean...... refuse to sell to Celtic/Rangers unless they pay through the nose. The risk is you end up losing out but you either take the risk or stop whingeing. 

I’d rather we kept him, but got to be realistic that we are “a selling club” and anybody who does well for us is for sale, if the price is right.

Would rather he didn’t go to Celtic, as he’d likely end up loaned back to us, but unable to play against them, or rotting in their reserves. English teams also less likely to try and low ball us.

From the outside it appears Celtic stockpile the best young Scottish players and sometimes let us get a wee shot of a player to help us beat Rangers.

:lol:

Fortunately Motherwell are in a much more secure position these days and can afford to stand our ground, whereas 10 years ago we’d have snapped your hand off for whatever was on offer. He’s also got 2 years on his contract, which puts us in a strong position for now. Although I can’t see him being a Motherwell player come February 1st, as then we get into vulture territory.

I think we are keen on Turnbull and will try to sign him. Lennon wants more goals from midfield and the lad has shown himself capable of that. 

As for us stockpiling young Scottish players, that's a bit of a myth. Rodgers signed 3. Bain who's in the team and Morgan and Hendry. There might still be a chance for Morgan but its all over for Hendry, either way hardly stockpiling. The loan system is what it is. Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to loan in the same league but for me it's simple....I'd rather the best players/coaches stayed up here.