Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 166 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Apparently Murty doesn't want him.  I think it's a huge mistake as he instantly improves our starting XI.  He is of course a very divisive figure amongst the Rangers support but then so was Kenny Miller when he came back.

what could be interesting is if he signs for Kilmarnock, then next Rangers Manager (summer 18) says he would have wanted him, and would have signed him 

14 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Apparently Murty doesn't want him.  I think it's a huge mistake as he instantly improves our starting XI.  He is of course a very divisive figure amongst the Rangers support but then so was Kenny Miller when he came back.

He'd walk into any team outside Celtic in the league.

11 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

Was wondering that as well. When they announced they expected to need however many million more in loans over the next wee while was that including Million pound signings or not?  

And their wee winter holiday to Florida.

Will they have enough money left to put stamps on their postcards ?

1 hour ago, slasher said:

The Huns conducting their transfer business in the usual shambolic manner I see 😂😂

Loan a player and being first dibs to buy in the summer. Freeing up funds to be spent on further recruits now. 

Clever not shambolic 😉

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Apologies for my mistake, it may have been a £2m transfer depending on which rag you believe. :lol:

£1million plus add ons I believe.

Apparently Motherwell would’ve got sone of those blue pounds too.

5 hours ago, GRBear said:

Loan a player and being first dibs to buy in the summer. Freeing up funds to be spent on further recruits now. 

Clever not shambolic 😉

No point in responding to comments on this. People will believe what they want. 

Personally I think it's because they're not sure Murty will go past the summer so don't want to sign a player permanently if they don't have to. 

50 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Personally I think it's because they're not sure Murty will go past the summer so don't want to sign a player permanently if they don't have to. 

Whatever has actually happened here, that's a fair point. That, and the financial state of the club, would make short term commitments a good option.

Edited by Pool Q

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Well that’s just incorrect. They’ve committed to signing him in the summer for a “guaranteed fixed fee”. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That’s certainly one view. Another view could be that a purchase deal was agreed (somewhere between £500-£700k) for which Rangers we’re hoping to structure payment to fit their current cash flow. Brighton refused to the structuring but instead agreed to loan the player and give Rangers an option to buy in the summer - when they presumably have the cash. 

Whichever view you take, I suspect the end result is actually better for Rangers. 

7 hours ago, GRBear said:

Clever not shambolic 😉

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

So one minute it’s a £1m signing with add ons and now all of a sudden Brighton only want a loan deal. Aye ok :lol:

Think the lad from Bros QPR was the loan deal, and have also read they pay upwards of £2m for the Brighton lad. :blink:

55 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

That’s certainly one view. Another view could be that a purchase deal was agreed (somewhere between £500-£700k) for which Rangers we’re hoping to structure payment to fit their current cash flow. Brighton refused to the structuring but instead agreed to loan the player and give Rangers an option to buy in the summer - when they presumably have the cash. 

Whichever view you take, I suspect the end result is actually better for Rangers. 

Thats pretty much what happened. Transfer agreed early, but just the structuring to be sorted. Net result is that we still have (limited) funds now available to bring another couple of players in, although how many will depend on who we shift. Much better for us.

Be fine one we get all the champions league cash in the door ;);)

22 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Think the lad from Bros QPR was the loan deal, and have also read they pay upwards of £2m for the Brighton lad. :blink:

Rags saying anything between 500k-2M. Who knows. The Bros lad is seemingly highly rated down south, and if he was to become available then we would be up against championship money.  Probably best to see what he is like first, I suppose.

Celtic centre-back Jozo Simunovic is an £8million target for English Premier League outfit Crystal Palace, with Burnley also believed to be interested in the 23-year-old Bosnian.

Ok, this lad worth £8m?? Haven't seen anywhere near enough to make that judgement

35 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Rags saying anything between 500k-2M. Who knows. The Bros lad is seemingly highly rated down south, and if he was to become available then we would be up against championship money.  Probably best to see what he is like first, I suppose.

Rangers fancy Martin on a loan deal. How many loans can one club have per season?? I know I could just look it up but I am sure one of our more learned friends will know the answer....

10 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Rangers fancy Martin on a loan deal. How many loans can one club have per season?? I know I could just look it up but I am sure one of our more learned friends will know the answer....

Not sure myself these days as we now have standard loans, development loans and emergency loans (although not allowed in the premier league).  All I know is that Dalcio and Nemane are away and are being replaced by Goss and Murphy. So 2 out, and 2 in.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Well that’s just incorrect. They’ve committed to signing him in the summer for a “guaranteed fixed fee”. 

I hadn't heard about the guaranteed fee in the summer. If that's correct then it's probably more cash flow related which is as has been said, still probably better for Rangers. 

Although maybe not as flexible as I had originally thought. 

10 hours ago, GRBear said:

Clever not shambolic 😉

Skint tramps, now advertising the fact to all and sundry.......clever 👍