Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 162 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

15 hours ago, Langtonian said:

Nothing to do withhim being out of work for a year or so and no other offers?

Β 

He turned down various jobs before he took our job. Family came first. He's back in Ayrshire, his elderly dad and siblings all stay in Saltcoats.

Anyway....

Β 

Defender Mathias Jorgensen has offered to buy every Huddersfield Town fan who travels away to Southampton on Saturday a Christmas drink as thanks for their "amazing" support this season.

The gesture could cost the Denmark international more than Β£8,000.Β The Terriers have a 472-mile round trip to Southampton as they look to build on last weekend's 4-1 victory at Watford. -Β Jorgensen, 27, who is known as Zanka, wrote on Twitter: "I hope you like the gift. Zanka Claus is coming to Town!"Β In a video message, he added: "Your support this year has been truly amazing, so I thought I would think up something special for those of you travelling to Southampton this weekend."

The club said away fans will be presented with a voucher when they enter St Mary's Stadium for the Southampton game, and can redeem for a drink at Huddersfield's next home match on Boxing Day against Stoke.Β They have been given an allocation of 2,596 tickets for the match at St Mary's.

Huddersfield charge around Β£3.20 for a pint of beer - and if they sell out at Southampton and all of the fans take up the free drink offer, it would cost Jorgensen Β£8,300.

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He turned down various jobs before he took our job. Family came first. He's back in Ayrshire, his elderly dad and siblings all stay in Saltcoats.

Anyway....

Β 

Defender Mathias Jorgensen has offered to buy every Huddersfield Town fan who travels away to Southampton on Saturday a Christmas drink as thanks for their "amazing" support this season.

The gesture could cost the Denmark international more than Β£8,000.Β The Terriers have a 472-mile round trip to Southampton as they look to build on last weekend's 4-1 victory at Watford. -Β Jorgensen, 27, who is known as Zanka, wrote on Twitter: "I hope you like the gift. Zanka Claus is coming to Town!"Β In a video message, he added: "Your support this year has been truly amazing, so I thought I would think up something special for those of you travelling to Southampton this weekend."

The club said away fans will be presented with a voucher when they enter St Mary's Stadium for the Southampton game, and can redeem for a drink at Huddersfield's next home match on Boxing Day against Stoke.Β They have been given an allocation of 2,596 tickets for the match at St Mary's.

Huddersfield charge around Β£3.20 for a pint of beer - and if they sell out at Southampton and all of the fans take up the free drink offer, it would cost Jorgensen Β£8,300.

As if he’ll actually be paying for it. You don’t actually believe this isn’t anything other than aΒ PR stunt from HTFC?Β 

3 minutes ago, stocky said:

Think this would be a good move for Celtic. They don't need him to win the league, they aren't going to win the Europa league and they'll have the cash in time to strengthen in January or the summer.Β 

Not good for anyone else though.Β 

28 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Think this would be a good move for Celtic. They don't need him to win the league, they aren't going to win the Europa league and they'll have the cash in time to strengthen in January or the summer.Β 

Not good for anyone else though.Β 

Why strengthen in January? There’s no point in buying in January at inflated prices when there is really nothing gained. Hugely surprised by the strategy of getting a 32 year old in for Β£1m as it is.

9 hours ago, macy37 said:

Why strengthen in January? There’s no point in buying in January at inflated prices when there is really nothing gained. Hugely surprised by the strategy of getting a 32 year old in for Β£1m as it is.

You're right about January prices but sometimes good buys can be found and it let's them settle in before the next CL campaign.Β 

Rangers won the league by signing an impact player in January a couple of times before.Β 

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You're right about January prices but sometimes good buys can be found and it let's them settle in before the next CL campaign.Β 

Rangers won the league by signing an impact player in January a couple of times before.Β 

Aye but we’ve won the league already and ain’t going to win the Europa so I don’t see the point. Unless there is a diamond out there at a good price but I think that’ll be a rare find and the 32 year old Isn’t one of them.

On 26/12/2017 at 8:39 AM, macy37 said:

Aye but we’ve won the league already and ain’t going to win the Europa so I don’t see the point. Unless there is a diamond out there at a good price but I think that’ll be a rare find and the 32 year old Isn’t one of them.

You're probably right but it's always better to be prepared, you never know Rodgers may have someone lined up already.Β 

Hibs in for Stevie Mallan.Β  Also heard Niall McGinn isnt a done deal for Aberdeen, time will tell on that one.Β  West Ham apparently about to bid Β£4.5 million for McGinn, believe that when I see it.Β  Still think he may be weegie bound for around Β£2 million plus Henderson.Β