Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 163 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 26/12/2017 at 8:39 AM, macy37 said:

Aye but we’ve won the league already and ain’t going to win the Europa so I don’t see the point. Unless there is a diamond out there at a good price but I think that’ll be a rare find and the 32 year old Isn’t one of them.

Wee Lubo was 33 when he rocked up at Celtic Park. You probably widnae have signed him either 😉

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think that was his point.

:lol:

Rangers are in no position to command a £2 million fee for anyone.

Fully aware of his point :lol:

However, even excluding the crazy sums of money floating about in England at the moment, he isn't worth 2m imo.

It will be the usual- they go in low, we go in high, and they meet in the middle...... if a bid even exists.

28 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Fully aware of his point :lol:

However, even excluding the crazy sums of money floating about in England at the moment, he isn't worth 2m imo.

It will be the usual- they go in low, we go in high, and they meet in the middle...... if a bid even exists.

That was exactly my point. He’s worth nowhere near that £2m figure that has been plucked from the sky.

On 27 December 2017 at 6:19 PM, giblet said:

Hibs in for Stevie Mallan.  Also heard Niall McGinn isnt a done deal for Aberdeen, time will tell on that one.  West Ham apparently about to bid £4.5 million for McGinn, believe that when I see it.  Still think he may be weegie bound for around £2 million plus Henderson.

I doubt that will happen Giblet.

Stevie has just broken into the first team at Barnsley. Don't think he'll be going anywhere.

1 minute ago, Pool Q said:

That would involve a fee of c.£1.1m. Doubt Rangers would even get half that.

We should have gone in with 40 million then :lol:

In all seriousness, you're probably right. However, given the website the rumor has come from, its probably all nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

That would involve a fee of c.£1.1m. Doubt Rangers would even get half that.

I think he's a pretty decent player. I suspect Rangers predicament is going to mean they won't get full valuation for him.  Suspect £500k is a good deal for all parties. 

A cynic might almost suspect that Rangers have turned down a bid of  £500k ‘it is reported’ is a way of using the media to push up the player’s value to any teams that may be interested. We’ll see if he is sold, and if so for how much. I don’t see Rangers as being in  a strong bargaining position though, and I doubt they’ll actually get £500k for him.

Edited by Pool Q

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

I think he's a pretty decent player. I suspect Rangers predicament is going to mean they won't get full valuation for him.  Suspect £500k is a good deal for all parties. 

Interestingly Sky Sports now saying £500K was rejected on Friday.

5 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Terrible deal for Preston. Hopefully they won't up the bid.