January Transfer News - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

You managed to get Iniesta over on loan yet to cover for Ryan Jack?

Apparently Guardiola is coming to the Pitt o'dreams as assistant manager to see what he can learn from Del.

Rumours are that he's persuaded Iniesta to join him.

Edited by Rossy

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Guardiola is coming to the Pitt o'dreams as assistant manager to see what he can learn from Del.

Rumours are that he's persuaded Iniesta to join him.

That's probably more likely than Hibs winning the Cup, to be fair.

Reports that Rangers have offered Accrington £400K to take Windass and Crooks now as opposed to in the summer. Being perfectly honest I doubt we have £400K lying about given the recent financing from King at al that was required for running costs. I also doubt that they are worth that outlay when we can (apparently) get them for a combined £60K in the summer.

Reports that Rangers have offered Accrington £400K to take Windass and Crooks now as opposed to in the summer. Being perfectly honest I doubt we have £400K lying about given the recent financing from King at al that was required for running costs. I also doubt that they are worth that outlay when we can (apparently) get them for a combined £60K in the summer.

Reports should read Rumours.

I heard that and thought the same thing. I can see us offering £100k or thereby but nowhere near £400k. The Scott Allan saga proved that those days are gone. For now at least...

On another note, it was pleasing to see the Harry Forrester transfer fee being "undisclosed" rather than the boastful way we used to reveal transfer fees.

Gedion Zelalem has his loan extended to the end of the season which is... Ok I suppose. I'd send Oduwa back though.

Edited by thewolf_1980

Rangers sign Matt Crooks and John Windass on Pre-Contracts from Accrington Stanley according to reports. Their chairman tweeted last night he hopes Rangers offer an immediate settlement - tweet since deleted. Cross-border compensation will be due for both.

Both 'highly rated' down south.

used to know his mother - 1st met her in 95 when they moved to Aberdeen and we invited them to our Xmas night out since they were staying at Skean Dhu at Altens

think that was same night my work (Royal Bank) we were threatening to fight some rugby players who invaded our staff party

I wouldn't get rid of many. Just Gunning, Dillon, Dixon, Souttar, Morris (always injured), Paton (always injured), McKay (lazy), Dow, Murray, Telfer, Durnan, Erskine (always injured), Connolly, Muirhead (not good enough for Thistle), Szromnik, Anier, Spark, Donaldson and Bodul.

The rest are on a last warning.

Edited by adamntg

I wouldn't get rid of many. Just Gunning, Dillon, Dixon, Souttar, Morris (always injured), Paton (always injured), McKay (lazy), Dow, Murray, Telfer, Durnan, Erskine (always injured), Connolly, Muirhead (not good enough for Thistle), Szromnik, Anier, Spark, Donaldson and Bodul.

The rest are on a last warning.

The rest :yikes3:

Played a few games.Is he not the boy who played for Scotland and then switched to England when he broke into the Southampton team ?

Dad is Scottish I think, played for our u21's and said he would prefer England for Full call up.

We will prob end up capping him,...

Played a few games.Is he not the boy who played for Scotland and then switched to England when he broke into the Southampton team ?

Aye. And his Southampton team-mate Matt Targett also done the same.

Hope the SFA aren't planning on begging them back (wouldn't put it past the SFA) :angry:

Dad is Scottish I think, played for our u21's and said he would prefer England for Full call up.

We will prob end up capping him,...

It was our Under 19s not the Under 21s. If it had been the under 21s it would have made the news more and I think made it more difficult for him (and Targett) to chuck us.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Anier has not looked not bad when he has played for us, apparently there was no clause for you able to get him back but you have asked Hibs to send him back.

Probably just touched by the general malaise hanging over Tannadice, but he didn't look like he'd get a game for a pub team when McNamara brought him in.

I was surprised when I saw this in the local rag. Both these two came through the Huddersfield youth system (Josh Windass is Dean's son). Neither really pulled up any trees, managing 1 first team appearance between them, hence why they rocked up at Accrington. I can't see how they are worth that much or offer a great deal to what I assume Rangers aspire to.