January Transfer News - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

I was surprised when I saw this in the local rag. Both these two came through the Huddersfield youth system (Josh Windass is Dean's son). Neither really pulled up any trees, managing 1 first team appearance between them, hence why they rocked up at Accrington. I can't see how they are worth that much or offer a great deal to what I assume Rangers aspire to.

Just nice to see that we appear to have some sort of scouting system now - rather than just signing Allys mates.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just nice to see that we appear to have some sort of scouting system now - rather than just signing Allys mates.

Warburton has worked with both of these lads before apparently.

Have to assume he sees potential in them to offer 4 year deals.

He's been mostly right so far, so he's got to be taken on trust on this one I think.

scotsman reporting that it was actually £100k. sun saying £500k will land him...

Reminiscent of the Scott Allan saga. Gone are the days when we just say, "feck it" and bid the asking price, so good to see some perceived negotiation.

Utd apparently signing a Finnish winger/striker. Sources seem unclear whether it's Roope Risku or his big brother Riku.

Adam not sure what your view is but I would like to see them try and get a couple of good level loanees till the end of the season. Maybe able to get a couple of decent level players with low risk if we do go down.

Not sure where from right enough.

Utd apparently signing a Finnish winger/striker. Sources seem unclear whether it's Roope Risku or his big brother Riku.

Adam not sure what your view is but I would like to see them try and get a couple of good level loanees till the end of the season. Maybe able to get a couple of decent level players with low risk if we do go down.

An apparently he has signed on a loan. Decent player by all accounts. This is what we need, good level loanees - its desperate times.

There's no point signing anyone past the end of the season bar "prospects". Wouldn't make sense for Utd or the player.