January Transfer News - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers sign some giant Polish goalkeeper for competition with Wes Foderingham. Presumably the end of the road for Cammy Bell then. Thankfully.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/gers-confirm-gostomski-signing/

I like how you took out a loan to pay off another loan but also got some extra cash to sign players you don't need. :ok:

I like how you took out a loan to pay off another loan but also got some extra cash to sign players you don't need. :ok:

If signing players secures us promotion and makes the impact that, say, Haris Vuckic made last season then it will be money well spent.

Only a 6 month contract with no transfer fee involved so hardly a high risk venture. I would hazard that this entire signing would cost the club a whopping £10-15k or thereby (my opinion only...).

Another example of how Rangers "can't win". We sign players, we get slagged off. We don't, our board gets slagged off. Such is life in the tedious world of Scottish football.

If signing players secures us promotion and makes the impact that, say, Haris Vuckic made last season then it will be money well spent.

Only a 6 month contract with no transfer fee involved so hardly a high risk venture. I would hazard that this entire signing would cost the club a whopping £10-15k or thereby (my opinion only...).

Another example of how Rangers "can't win". We sign players, we get slagged off. We don't, our board gets slagged off. Such is life in the tedious world of Scottish football.

You can win. You already have 2 senior keepers. They're backed up by 2 Scotland youth internationals. Signing another 'keeper seems pointless. How many 'keepers do other clubs in the league have? Hey, if you think signing a 5th 'keeper will seal you promotion...

Is it not possible to comment on a club in a shite financial position signing a player they don't need?

You can win. You already have 2 senior keepers. They're backed up by 2 Scotland youth internationals. Signing another 'keeper seems pointless. How many 'keepers do other clubs in the league have? Hey, if you think signing a 5th 'keeper will seal you promotion...

Is it not possible to comment on a club in a shite financial position signing a player they don't need?

I did caveat that this signing presumably meant the departure of Bell but you've chosen to ignore that and assume that this Polish boy will be an addition to the existing number. If by the end of January, all of our keepers are still in-situ, then I will question this signing. Until then, I'll give the decision the benefit of the doubt.

I did caveat that this signing presumably meant the departure of Bell but you've chosen to ignore that and assume that this Polish boy will be an addition to the existing number. If by the end of January, all of our keepers are still in-situ, then I will question this signing. Until then, I'll give the decision the benefit of the doubt.

:lol:

You're more defensive than Walter Smith in Europe!

:lol:

You're more defensive than Walter Smith in Europe!

Really not sure why that's funny. If we augment the existing number, it makes no sense to sign him. If it's to replace one or more then it does. That's not being defensive, it's being fiscally aware. I'd have thought that would be a welcome change for our fans, no?

Ryan McLaughlin and Josh Parker will not be extending their loans with Aberdeen. Both back at Liverpool & Red Star Belgrade respectively.

Young Scott McKenna on loan to Alloa.

Space being freed up for arrivals?

I'd imagine so.

McInnes has a pretty decent record in bringing in January signings.

Really not sure why that's funny. If we augment the existing number, it makes no sense to sign him. If it's to replace one or more then it does. That's not being defensive, it's being fiscally aware. I'd have thought that would be a welcome change for our fans, no?

Ok. It's not at all unusual that a team in the 2nd tier in Scotland, who are being run at a massive loss, are bringing in a 5th full time goalkeeper.

Hope this satisfies you :ok: