January Transfer News - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobodies going to pay that money for Stevie Hammell at 33.

:P

One player who was vastly underrated, and who should have had a career at a higher level. His move to Southend was a bad choice. I'm sure he turned down a move to the Championship?

One player who was vastly underrated, and who should have had a career at a higher level. His move to Southend was a bad choice. I'm sure he turned down a move to the Championship?

Were Southend not in the championship when he went?

Been a great player for Motherwell over his 2 spells. Perhaps overlooked slightly as he is a solid 7/10 week in week out.

There have been a few occasions when I felt he could've been called up, as we've not really been blessed with great left backs over the last 15 years and he's been consistently good at club level.

Were Southend not in the championship when he went?

Been a great player for Motherwell over his 2 spells. Perhaps overlooked slightly as he is a solid 7/10 week in week out.

There have been a few occasions when I felt he could've been called up, as we've not really been blessed with great left backs over the last 15 years and he's been consistently good at club level.

They might well have been, but I remember Derby and Southampton tried to nab him too.

Just read he got the one cap - Mr Vogts.

Grimshaw away from Motherwell :(

Cracking player I thought and was building up a good relationship with Josh Law on the right.

With only 6 months left on his contract at Man U it was always going to be tough to get it extended. By the sound of things another club has came in for him down south and blown us out the water

Bit harsh. Bell made one very high profile mistake for us. He is still a pretty handy keeper. Would be a good signing for one of the diddy teams like Aberdeen.

We only want players with ambition at Aberdeen.

I doubt if Bell has the ability or drive to be an Aberdeen player.

They'd have to be mental.

He's had 6 months doing well in the Scottish Championship. That's not really a qualification to score goals at a higher level.

If it was me I'd wait until next January to see if he can keep it up in a higher league.

Thats what i was going to say, the Championship is not the best shall we say

They'd have to be mental.

He's had 6 months doing well in the Scottish Championship. That's not really a qualification to score goals at a higher level.

If it was me I'd wait until next January to see if he can keep it up in a higher league.

:-))

top goalscorer in the UK, must be catching the eye of someone. Did someone not pay £3 million for him a couple of years ago? Could be a steal for £500k.

We only want players with ambition at Aberdeen.

I doubt if Bell has the ability or drive to be an Aberdeen player.

hahaha, dunno what drive you need to play for a club that's won one piece of silverwear in two decades. If you need drive and ambition to play for Aberdeen then you need to rethink your recruitment policy.

Bell is a very decent keeper who made a stupid career choice and made a howler in a game Rangers were never gonna win anyway.

Was outstanding for Killie in some high profle games, especially in the Cup Final against Celtic.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Thats what i was going to say, the Championship is not the best shall we say

Exactly. Any half decent striker would score goals for us in the Championship. We also have had quite a few penalties which he's scored.

:-))

top goalscorer in the UK, must be catching the eye of someone. Did someone not pay £3 million for him a couple of years ago? Could be a steal for £500k.

I think Middlesbrough paid £3m for him. I doubt we'd sell for 500k. If they bid 3m then I'd drive him down myself.

Grimshaw away from Motherwell :(

Cracking player I thought and was building up a good relationship with Josh Law on the right.

With only 6 months left on his contract at Man U it was always going to be tough to get it extended. By the sound of things another club has came in for him down south and blown us out the water

Yeah, read that from the club statement.

Shame, as he'd been really good, improving every time I've seen him too!

I'm presuming someone's signing him to play him, so no chance of a loan from his new club?

hahaha, dunno what drive you need to play for a club that's won one piece of silverwear in two decades. If you need drive and ambition to play for Aberdeen then you need to rethink your recruitment policy.

Bell is a very decent keeper who made a stupid career choice and made a howler in a game Rangers were never gonna win anyway.

Was outstanding for Killie in some high profle games, especially in the Cup Final against Celtic.

I don't think we need a player that would rather waste his career playing against Berwick and Annan, rather than pursuing Scotland caps.

Playing for Aberdeen is about 10 levels up from playing in front of nobody at Kilmarnock and Rangers reserves.

I suspect most Dons fans would rather have Rogers back from Falkirk.

I can just remember the Motherwell back line when I first started watching them. McClaren, Mcviegh, Stevens. They make Stevie Hammell look like the sugar plum fairy.

Johnny Gahagan said Gregor Stevens kicked him twice while waiting in the tunnel before a match at Ibrox. They were both playing for Motherwell at the time.

Joe Harper said he nutmeged Stevens at Fir Park. Big Gregor comes up to him and says, do that again and I'll boot ye right up into that main stand ya wee #####. Did you hear that ref, says Harper, you cannae let him talk like that in front of you. Ref replies, it's alright son I don't mind, he was talking to you.

Edited by Och Aye

I don't think we need a player that would rather waste his career playing against Berwick and Annan, rather than pursuing Scotland caps.

Playing for Aberdeen is about 10 levels up from playing in front of nobody at Kilmarnock and Rangers reserves.

I suspect most Dons fans would rather have Rogers back from Falkirk.

Than an ex-Rangers player? I'm shocked.....

Than an ex-Rangers player? I'm shocked.....

Not so much the 'ex-Ranger' bit, rather than the fact that he threw away a possible international career to play against Scottish 3rd division teams, and now to apparently be 3rd choice at Ibrox.

I presume he's happy with his wages though.

No ambition, not even good enough for a starting place in a lower league team.

Not good enough for Aberdeen.