Transfer Rumours - Page 45 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

..who has been photographed in the pub with players from his employers biggest rivals this season on the day of, and then the day following, a competitive (kindasortof) game against them. A model professional.

and a lift home too apparently

outputau0DIC.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which seems stupid seeing as that bid has been rejected out of hand.

On the contrary, it's pretty clever really. The Rangers bid has been rejected in part because of the sums, but largely because Rangers are a direct competitor. Out of all this, it's become fairly apparent that Allan wants away. Aberdeen have given Hibs an out. Smart move....

"Meltdown"? :-)) All's fair in love and transfer dealings. Only the numpties would be peeved about it and even then, they'd get over it quickly. He's no Brian Laudrup...

If Aberdeen did have a bid accepted, it would be interesting to see Allan's reaction to it. I would obviously be satisfied if we signed him because he appears to be half-decent and young but I don't buy into the hyperbole that he's some kind of superstar. If he went to Aberdeen, it would presumably help us anyway by them taking one of Hibs' best players away.

Is this boy actually any good?

Not sure - jury still very much out on him on a number of criteria. If we get him it's relatively cheap for someone highly regarded, albeit in a lower division. If we don't, I can't help wondering if it's some sort of message to Stevie May!!

Deecie - he is a decent prospect with everything still to prove.

The media attention this is generating is, frankly, ridiculous. Similarly some fans on both sides are bordering on lunacy when it comes to assessing his ability and monetary worth.

Agree 100% with the Wolf. Happy if we got him, but won't be devastated if we don't.

No really. I'd rather have Cammy Smith. ;)

Well, part of the rumour is that Cammy Smith goes the other way on loan! I'm a big Cammy Smith fan, however, he splits opinion amongst my lot. The way i see it, he needs games and McInnes isn't exactly exhibiting the signs of someone willing to dish out many opportunities. Maybe a season at Hibs would work for Smith. I certainly would not have the Allan deal as a swap+cash arrangement though. Smith has lots of potential.....

Did the Rangers fans not give him a rousing reception when he came on as sub on Saturday?

Aye but that's what happens all the time isn't it? Sub comes on against the team that's trying to sign him so that team's fans give him a cheer to wind up the other fans. Good old footballing rivalry.

Allan imho is a very talented young footballer having watched him numerous times last season and would be happy if we signed him. As stated I would be just about as happy if Aberdeen signed him taking him away from hibs.

Allan could be great - we noticed it at United in his first two games. However he appears handicapped by being a bit of a fanny. This isn't the first time he's had his head turned when he should be concentrating on the job in hand - he's only just extended his contract with Hibs. At least this time he's played more than three games before starting to act up.

Allan could be great - we noticed it at United in his first two games. However he appears handicapped by being a bit of a fanny. This isn't the first time he's had his head turned when he should be concentrating on the job in hand - he's only just extended his contract with Hibs. At least this time he's played more than three games before starting to act up.

Ipox, I see what you did there comedy gold that is.

Deecie - he is a decent prospect with everything still to prove.

The media attention this is generating is, frankly, ridiculous. Similarly some fans on both sides are bordering on lunacy when it comes to assessing his ability and monetary worth.

Agree 100% with the Wolf. Happy if we got him, but won't be devastated if we don't.

Agree with both you guys. He looks to have potential but hasn't proved anything yet. I'd be annoyed if we paid more than about 400k for him. Not worth any more than that especially as he will go for nothing next summer.

I'd be happy to wait till January and sign him on a pre-contract.