Transfer Rumours - Page 46 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allan could be great - we noticed it at United in his first two games. However he appears handicapped by being a bit of a fanny. This isn't the first time he's had his head turned when he should be concentrating on the job in hand - he's only just extended his contract with Hibs. At least this time he's played more than three games before starting to act up.

When did he extend his contract? Couldn't have been that recent given he only has a year left now?

It's just a stock answer that though isn't it. Players say that kind of thing all the time, especially when the interest in them is only speculation.

Absolutely.

I'm just bitter that United didn't get two or three years out of him.

correct and after Utd standing by him through a long illness I believe. like you say not the first time he has had his head turned instead of concentrating on the club he has agreed to play for. struck me as a bit of a knob before - a sentiment which has only been re-inforced by recent developments. would fit in at ibrox well mind you.

Allan is almost 24, and aside from his time at Easter Road he's played only 45 games of senior club football.....half of them at giants of the game such as Portsmouth and MK Dons.

In fact, he's only ever played 8 games in the top flight of any league, and they were all with United.

And apparently Hibs want 2 million quid for him ? :blink::blink:

I honestly don't get what people see in him.

Edited by Rossy

Allan is almost 24, and aside from his time at Easter Road he's played only 45 games of senior club football.....half of them at giants of the game such as Portsmouth and MK Dons.

In fact, he's only ever played 8 games in the top flight of any league, and they were all with United.

And apparently Hibs want 2 million quid for him ? :blink::blink:

I honestly don't get what people see in him.

Seems a reasonable assessment of him to me. I'm not sure we actually need him other than to add a bit of squad depth. I'd be surprised if he plays every week for us.

A few more misplaced 40 yard Hollywood passes against Alloa and Dumbarton and the press will be screaming for him to be in the Scotland squad....

Charlie Adam has built a career on doing just that.