Transfer Rumours - Page 40 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

oh, getting tempting, apparently they have now upped it to £250k on the never, never.

Hibs would derive no benefit in selling Allan unless it was silly money being offered. It would actually be better for Allan to sit on the sidelines in a huff than allow him to play for them. Maybe these joke offers are designed to exactly do that.

I think most fans would agree with your sentiments, but I'm not convinced your board, or any board for that matter would see it the same way. I also don't think your manager would be pig headed enough to leave a guy like him on the sidelines. From what I'm told, the lad himself wants the move, which may force Hibs' hand in this.

I personally think the fee, if it goes through, will be nearer double that. What are you, and other Hibs fans thinking you should get for him out of interest?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, getting tempting, apparently they have now upped it to £250k on the never, never.

Hibs would derive no benefit in selling Allan unless it was silly money being offered. It would actually be better for Allan to sit on the sidelines in a huff than allow him to play for them. Maybe these joke offers are designed to exactly do that.

Allan's really endearing himself to the Hibs fans, isn't he ?

Let's remember this is Hibs, sold their only fit striker a few weeks before (at the time) the biggest Edinburgh Derby in history.

Is this the new Hibs with bottle and sporting ambition we keep getting letters through the door about and emails about or are we still The sons of Rod Petrie

Let's remember this is Hibs, sold their only fit striker a few weeks before (at the time) the biggest Edinburgh Derby in history.

That's when I bailed out, Petrie convinced the fans selling your best players every season made business sense.Iv no interest in following a "business", if its only about existing whats the point? At least the saviles showed a bit ambition

If hibs are going to sell him and the huns really want him then they should have the balls to say no less than 1 million.

We wouldn't pay that and he's not worth it, especially not with 10 months left on his contract.

We wouldn't pay that and he's not worth it, especially not with 10 months left on his contract.

I kind of agree but also disagree.

Hibs are in the strong position here. They have the player, they probably already accept he'll leave next summer, so his contract running down isn't an issue. In order to sell their best player to a direct rival and reduce their chances of winning the league to close to zero, they'd need to be well recompensed. I'd say the value to Hibs is somewhere close to £1 million.

The value of Allan to Rangers would be less. They'll probably believe they can win the league without him. Although buying him (and depriving Hibs of him) would increase their chances massively.

Hibs are in the strong position here. They have the player, they probably already accept he'll leave next summer, so his contract running down isn't an issue. In order to sell their best player to a direct rival and reduce their chances of winning the league to close to zero, they'd need to be well recompensed. I'd say the value to Hibs is somewhere close to £1 million.

The value of Allan to Rangers would be less. They'll probably believe they can win the league without him. Although buying him (and depriving Hibs of him) would increase their chances massively.

I theory that sounds fine but, I would wager that isn't the case for their board and given how readily they have sold off their best players in the past, I really can't see them digging their heels in for anything like that kind of money. Certainly we would be mental to pay anywhere near that. Us winning the league shouldn't hinge on signing Scott Allan, and given the lad wants to come to us I would say it puts us in an equally strong position.

That said I would expect the final price to be a good bit higher than what the offer currently stands at. £500k would see Hibs sell IMO and I think most Gers fans would accept that too.

So even when you agree you can't agree?! :lol:

I should maybe have said he's not worth that to us when we can potentially get him on a pre contract for nothing in January. And as we've seen with Celtic and United, quite often when a pre contract is signed the player then ends up moving on so if that were the case it wouldn't surprise me to see him come in January for about 250K. For what it's worth I think Hibs are (rightly) going to dig their heels in here and we won't get him this window.